X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    No, because I don't know anyone besides Avenatti who wanted to make Avenatti president.
    Pretty sure someone on here was mentioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Pretty sure someone on here was mentioning it.
      He's still better than Trump. What does that say?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        No, because I don't know anyone besides Avenatti who wanted to make Avenatti president.
        There were people on Kos who talked about it. I was blown away that non-Republicans could be that stupid.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I did something I hadn't tried here before, and that was to do a search for "Avenatti" in the posts on this Board to just remember some of the discussions had. It actually was pretty entertaining to do. I may have to try that more often.

One of the things that struck me as I was reminded of Avenatti's appearances on various issues is how his one move is the very thing he tried with Nike and now has him in hot water. He comes in and basically presents an "either or" threat. His target must accede to his demands or Avenatti is going to destroy them. That was what he did with Stormy Daniels. That's what he did when he claimed he had bombshell information about the border kids. That's what he did when he claimed he had Kavanaugh victims.

He's consistent, at least. But the other thing that has been consistent is we've never really seen the big reveal. I'm still waiting for the dvd(?) that he so coyly tweeted a picture of a year ago.

But with Nike, he went too far and made the main thrust a cash grab on behalf of himself. The FBI and Nike's attorney (David Bois, maybe?) did a masterful job of understanding what makes Avenatti tick, and used it against him. Avenatti came in claiming to represent someone with a claim against Nike, and made threats on behalf of his client, arguably within the scope of what he is permitted to do as an advocate on behalf of the client.

But the feds and Bois understood this was really about what is in it for Avenatti. They told Avenatti that the demands of his client wouldn't be a problem, but they really wanted to know about the demands for himself, that he be permitted to do an internal investigation of Nike for a minimum of $20 million or he would financially damage their company. They kept feeding him rope and he kept tying the noose tighter. He didn't care about the $1.5 million Nike was willing to pay his client.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

In a weird twist Chicago prosecutors are dropping all charges against Jussie smollett

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              In a weird twist Chicago prosecutors are dropping all charges against Jussie smollett
              this is... bizarre.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                this is... bizarre.
                Full exoneration?

Comment

Yeah, they dropped the charges, but he forfeited his bond to the City, which as I recall was $100,000. Basically he paid off the City of Chicago to walk. Seems about right for Chicago.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

100k? That's a drop in the bucket. Gotta do better than that to bribe the city nowadays.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like that someone mentioned another thread that Avenatti is in fact now qualified to be President.

Sad but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I like that someone mentioned another thread that Avenatti is in fact now qualified to be President.

Sad but true.
                        Yup, that was me. He’s qualified just like Donnie

Comment

Jeebus Frickin Christ!!! Lock them up and put them all in GenPop

https://www.philly.com/crime/a/glen-...-20190220.html
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Sad but true.
                            That was a joke based on the fact that he's been indicted.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Apparently the Chicago Police Chief and Mayor were both unaware the charges to Smollett were going to be dropped.

This keeps getting weirder...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Yeah, they dropped the charges, but he forfeited his bond to the City, which as I recall was $100,000. Basically he paid off the City of Chicago to walk. Seems about right for Chicago.
                                It was just 10k cash bond. And it was the State Attorney who dropped the charges. City of Chicago was blindsided.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X