X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    What if a minority assaults me because I am white and that person hates white people (whites have given a lot of reasons over the years, no denying that)? Or go back to my Greek Orthodox Church arson question and insert any race/ethnicity/etc?

For me, it's just...I dunno...too murky of where the line should be drawn.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/us/pi...ter/index.html

Pretty easy to figure out actually.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What if a minority assaults me because I am white and that person hates white people (whites have given a lot of reasons over the years, no denying that)? Or go back to my Greek Orthodox Church arson question and insert any race/ethnicity/etc?

Is this a real question? What do you think will happen?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Is this a real question? What do you think will happen?
        What SHOULD happen is the crime itself, and not its motives, should be the charge, because as I said earlier, to commit those sorts of crimes, there is already "hate" in doing the deed itself.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That’s not what I asked. What do you think would happen?

Or better yet, what do you think we’re going to say? That because you’re white you can’t be the victim of a hate crime?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That because you’re white you can’t be the victim of a hate crime?
            It's just not fair.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That’s not what I asked. What do you think would happen?

Or better yet, what do you think we’re going to say? That because you’re white you can’t be the victim of a hate crime?
              I would hope hate crime charges wouldn't be part of it. I don't know what would happen. I don't know what you're going to say, because you haven't said it yet.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You asked a clearly rhetorical question “What would happen if a minority assaults me because I’m white?”

Either you really don’t know, which I suppose is valid but seems kind of ridiculous; or you’re asking a leading question because you already have an idea of what you think we’re going to say.
                Code:

Comment

I would hope hate crime charges wouldn't be part of it. I don't know what would happen. I don't know what you're going to say, because you haven't said it yet.
                  I used to think the exact way you do on this topic. It didn't take me very long to figure out I was wrong.

Comment

That's also a hate crime, numb nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      That's also a hate crime, numb nuts.
                      Read back to the original post on this discussion. Classy name-calling, though.

Comment

Nope, at least not as I'm reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Civil judgments awarded by a finder of fact are already reviewed on appeal under a standard of review that is well set out in law.

But go ahead and keep trying to argue with the lawyers on the board that you've found Pandora's box.
                          Ouch...done.

Comment

Read back to the original post on this discussion.
                            Why? He answered the question you posed in the quote he referenced. That would be a hate crime.

Hate crime legislation presupposes if you target a victim because of their race, religion or sexual orientation (among others?) it massively increases your potential victim pool and suggests you're likely to act upon that hate again. Random crimes often do not. Someone acting criminally based upon this kind of hate is a bigger potential threat to society than someone randomly getting in a bar room brawl.

And has already been noted Brent all kinds of crimes have severity levels attached to them - why is this any different or less valid? Please don't respond with platitudes. Actually think before you respond.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              It's just not fair.
                              Shorter Rube: "I'm not sure you people fully recognize how not having been the victim of systemic racism disadvantages white people!"
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Shorter Rube: "I'm not sure you people fully recognize how not having been the victim of systemic racism disadvantages white people!"
                                Oof.

Comment

Working...
                                X