X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Cheating to get into USC is just so sad.
    Hey, be nice to West Colgate.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Hey, be nice to West Colgate.
      Another school referenced in the article is, and I swear I'm not making this up, Wake Forest.

South Quinnipiac?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Another school referenced in the article is, and I swear I'm not making this up, Wake Forest.

South Quinnipiac?
        Chew Quinnipiac.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          33 parents paying a collective $25 million? W T F?
          No kidding

I’d like to see the median. Because it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to get a tutor.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Chew Quinnipiac.
            Careful, man. People are really sensitive about anti-Semiticism around here.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A different type of cheating but I highly recommend the Thai film Bad Genius about a straight-A student who devises an college entrance exams-cheating scheme.

Comment

Clearly the lesson here is don't use the middleman. Rich people have been getting their kids into schools by making bribes/"donations" for so long as there have been rich people and schools. Why they decided to use this Singer character is unknown to me.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Clearly the lesson here is don't use the middleman. Rich people have been getting their kids into schools by making bribes/"donations" for so long as there have been rich people and schools.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Clearly the lesson here is don't use the middleman. Rich people have been getting their kids into schools by making bribes/"donations" for so long as there have been rich people and schools. Why they decided to use this Singer character is unknown to me.
                    Is there anything you can't explain away?

Comment

I don't think he's explaining away anything, just saying that you get in trouble when using a middleman and trying to be secretive with your bribes. And it's true, when talking about college admittance. Just ask the Trumps or almost all legacy students.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You gotta do it the encouraged way- don’t pay a middleman. Donate 2.6m to the school directly like Mr Kushner did to get Jared in

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          You gotta do it the encouraged way- don’t pay a middleman. Donate 2.6m to the school directly like Mr Kushner did to get Jared in
                          Yeah someone posted that article on facebook and I was gonna make a Bush II reference but I think he just got in via legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Is there anything you can't explain away?
                            Do you really not understand that the rich and famous and politically powerful have been using those advantages to advance the education opportunities for their children forever, or is there something about your response that I'm not following? Yeah, my comment about the middleman was a bit snarky, but actually true, as demonstrated by this case.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Thank god Kelly Ann has weighed in

Comment

The lengthy affidavit submitted by the FBI in support of these indictments is a fascinating read. A lot of telephone transcripts of calls with the defendants. The schemes are interesting too.

Basically, they either involve bribing a coach or official at a school to admit a kid as a purported athlete, or they would go in and take the ACT or SAT tests for the kid. That seems to have been the most common scheme, and is pretty interesting as to how they handled it. Most of the time they'd try to get the kid classified as "slow" or otherwise of limited ability in order to get the kid into a two day (instead of one day) test, with the test held at a special testing spot controlled by the ringleader of the scheme. A proctor would then take the test for the kid or correct it after they were done.

Comment

Working...
                                X