Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    BTW, if you haven't already I highly recommend last weekend's Jon Oliver. His interview with Monica Lewinsky is fantastic. She really comes across as funny, sane, and interesting, and way more composed than I'll ever be.
    I concur.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      She’s physically much more attractive now which I think is part of the reason the over 40 crowd didn’t immediately recognize her
      For being 45-ish, she looks amazing.

But yeah, she's had work done and lost weight.

Comment

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I concur.
        Yeah holy **** she’s a good interview.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can’t believe they didn’t go with thoughts and prayers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asi...W-qBd2as_x8tFU

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Can’t believe they didn’t go with thoughts and prayers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asi...W-qBd2as_x8tFU
            Banning semi automatics. Wasn't there some argument here how that's not possible...something like semi automatics are normal guns which can't be unmodified or some such? Therefore, its literally a technological miracle that this could be done.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Banning semi automatics. Wasn't there some argument here how that's not possible...something like semi automatics are normal guns which can't be unmodified or some such? Therefore, its literally a technological miracle that this could be done.
              that link says banning "military style" semi-automatics, so I guess it depends on how they define "military style"

most guns sold are semi-automatic (large percentage of pistols, most hunting rifles). I don't think it's true that most hunting rifles were semi-automatic until the 90s or so. I think there was some effort from the NRA/gun makers to popularize them to make them "legitimate" and difficult to ban.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Yes. Because New Zealand is a perfect model for the problem the United States has.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Yes. Because New Zealand is a perfect model for the problem the United States has.
                  The United States doesn't solve problems anymore. Any problem that generates revenue for the US political system cannot be solved. Top 4 are:

1. Abortion.
                  2. Guns.
                  3. Climate Change/Fossil Fuels
                  4. Crony Capitalism/Income Inequality

You want solutions to those problems move to a different country. The US has no interest in solving them.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    it's time to admit America sucks.

every other "first world" country on earth can do better at healthcare, gun violence, paid family leave, etc

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

every other "first world" country on earth can do better at healthcare, gun violence, paid family leave, etc
                      Yes.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Yes and no. America can do it, but due to its population and size of the economy, it’s a much bigger lift.

Order pizza for 4.9 million and you have a better chance at making everyone happy than 325 million.

America can suck hard, but let’s not pretend we aren’t immeasurably more complex and diverse.
                        Code:

Comment

New Zealand is a country where there are more sheep than people. Comparing it to the USA is like comparing a pebble to a boulder. Sure, they're both made of roughly the same stuff, but there's much more of it all that makes up the latter and it'll kill you a lot easier if it falls.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            They at least try to solve issues, which was my point. Rather than “now is not the time to politicize the discussion” that republicans throw out after every mass shooting .

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              They at least try to solve issues, which was my point. Rather than “now is not the time to politicize the discussion” that republicans throw out after every mass shooting .
                              Yes, yes, they do. And the US tries to make the problem worse. Here's an example of what the US Does.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...G9LrLODLg67-98

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell urged U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration on Tuesday to tighten restrictions on greenhouse gas emissions from oil and gas production, instead of weakening them as planned.

Breaking from a decades-old tradition of avoiding criticism of U.S. government policies, Shell’s U.S. Country Chair Gretchen Watkins called on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to tighten rules to plug methane leaks, a potent greenhouse gas.

“It is a big part of the climate problem and frankly we can do more,” Watkins said in an interview with Reuters at IHS Markit’s CERAWeek conference in Houston.
                              Here we have an oil company saying it can do more and the US saying NO we can't do more.

That is now how the US operates on the challenges of the 21st century.

The gun issue is no different. Everyone wants tighter background checks. There is no chance in hell unless Democrats get complete control of it passing the Senate, or not getting Vetoed. None.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yes, yes, they do. And the US tries to make the problem worse. Here's an example of what the US Does.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...G9LrLODLg67-98

Here we have an oil company saying it can do more and the US saying NO we can't do more.

That is now how the US operates on the challenges of the 21st century.

The gun issue is no different. Everyone wants tighter background checks. There is no chance in hell unless Democrats get complete control of it passing the Senate, or not getting Vetoed. None.
                                I'm wondering if it's because RDS's shareholders are the only ones that are even close to approving plans to cut back on GHGs and increase renewables. It puts them at a severe competitive disadvantage if the US companies have no such restrictions. Then again, position yourself for the future, not the present. THe knucks are going to lose and renewables are going to be a MASSIVE industry in the future. So who knows.

But I guess good on them for not being as evil as the US energy giants. I'll take the wins where I can get them on the environment.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X