Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

No one left to shoot in Detroit, so it's safe again.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Surprised that doesn't happen more often, based on the demographic of the average Walmart shopper.
      I had to stop at the WalMart in Houghton when I was there, to buy a (actually pretty nice) cooler. Had a bottle opener on the front of it.

Cashier: That's old fashioned. All the beer now is twistoffs.
      THREE (!) separate customers, on my way out, felt the need to say "Guess you're gonna have to fill that up now, aren't ya?"

GAH. Guess their shanties were getting repaired or something. Ugh.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We always called it Walfart or Wally World (neither of which are original). Were there any campers/motorhomes in the far reaches of the parking lot?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          We always called it Walfart or Wally World (neither of which are original). Were there any campers/motorhomes in the far reaches of the parking lot?
          I have to admit, in the early days (of my time) heading up to Houghton, we left vehicles at the Forest Lake MN Wally World for carpoolers.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I had to stop at the WalMart in Houghton when I was there, to buy a (actually pretty nice) cooler. Had a bottle opener on the front of it.

Cashier: That's old fashioned. All the beer now is twistoffs.
            THREE (!) separate customers, on my way out, felt the need to say "Guess you're gonna have to fill that up now, aren't ya?"

GAH. Guess their shanties were getting repaired or something. Ugh.
            W t f?

They’re being friendly and you’re demeaning them? Did I misunderstand here?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              W t f?

They were definitely saying it in the ignorant/don't know any better way.

Like when someone wins the big gorilla at the State Fair and has to hear "Got a monkey on your back? LOLOLOLOL" a thousand times a day.

Comment

W t f?

He's annoyed with well worn dad jokes.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  None of these kids are sharp shooters...

(From July 4th weekend)
                  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight

(actually a very funny book by the late Jimmy Breslin)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    He's annoyed with well worn dad jokes.
                    I love dad jokes.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I love dad jokes.
                      You would love my dad. Hoo boy. Imagine a dad-joke-telling Cliff Claven random knowledge master, who thinks Bernie is a little too far right. (Actually not kidding on any of those). You guys would get along grandly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I love dad jokes.
                        I don't tell dad jokes often. But when I do, he usually laughs.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          You would love my dad. Hoo boy. Imagine a dad-joke-telling Cliff Claven random knowledge master, who thinks Bernie is a little too far right.
                          Son? Is that you?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.thetrace.org/features/gun-violence-interactive-shootings-map/

Check your neighborhood for gun violence within the last five years.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Clean!

Comment

There was a 3 fatality child shooting just up the road from me 2 years ago. Yikes.

The South is nuts when you factor in pop density. The big cities all have lots of shootings from sheer size (though TBH NYC is pretty f-cking safe now), but then in the south there are huge belts with tons of shootings despite low pops.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 03:28 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X