Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Not just a woman, a Member of the f-cking state legislature.

In a democracy you really do get the government you deserve.
    For those who think the democrats have a real shot at Ohio, uhh, no. This woman IS Ohio. This state is more messed up outside the cities than Indiana and PA (which was famously referred to as Philly in the east, Pittsburgh in the west and Alabama everywhere else by one of Clinton's talking heads) and I have called all three states home. For every Sherrod Brown or Tim Ryan, who openly embrace and welcome diversity, there are 2 people like her.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      For those who think the democrats have a real shot at Ohio, uhh, no. This woman IS Ohio. This state is more messed up outside the cities than Indiana and PA (which was famously referred to as Philly in the east, Pittsburgh in the west and Alabama everywhere else by one of Clinton's talking heads) and I have called all three states home. For every Sherrod Brown or Tim Ryan, who openly embrace and welcome diversity, there are 2 people like her.
      Then how did we used to win it? Obama carried it twice IINM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And if a few gun owners buying it to hold on to their guns enrages a bunch of other gun owners to rise up in rebellion against the federal government, so be it. Good luck against tanks and cruise missiles with your arsenal of AK's.

I'm sure Drew will be right in the forefront leading the charge. Or he'll just be talking chit on internet message boards with the rest of the big tough gun owning patriots.

i'll go with the second option.
        Love the country and everyone here, last thing I want to see is it tearing itself apart and I certainly wouldn’t be part of that.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          And then the blood of innocent children are on all of our hands. The first time that happens will be the last because the actions will be suspended and all will be for naught.
          It’s terrible.

But what it means is we’re letting extreme right determine what happens and I’m sick of it. ESP when people complain daily about candidates mentioning universal health care.

Comment

Civil War II fantasies aside, the place to fix this is in the courts. It is perfectly reasonable to regulate guns and not run afoul of a sane interpretation of the 2A. We did that through the entire history of this nation up until the 1980s. Then the arms lobby exploited the culture wars to pump their sales and the Gun Gropers lost their minds.

We can protect the right of people to own a handgun while banning semi-automatic weapons and all the ancillary devices that turn them into military grade weapons. You have a right to free speech too but you don't have a right to an amplifier than puts out the ears of everyone within 10 miles.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I hadn’t seen this one before

https://www.theonion.com/it-s-an-hon...ocialMarketing

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Love the country and everyone here, last thing I want to see is it tearing itself apart and I certainly wouldn’t be part of that.
                As I thought, talks big, but just a coward at heart. Just like all the gun fellators.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  And then the blood of innocent children are on all of our hands. The first time that happens will be the last because the actions will be suspended and all will be for naught.
                  This is an idiotic sentiment. The nation's streets are ALREADY COVERED IN THE BLOOD OF INNOCENTS! Mass shootings twice in just hours. Another one every week. At least if the bloodshed rids us of idiots who think owning weapons of mass destruction is what the founders intended and that the price we pay for them to fondle weapons capable of shooting dozens of people in 30 seconds is endless bloodshed, I say its probably time to bring that on. We dropped atom bombs on Japan, killing tens of thousands in the blink of an eye supposedly to prevent millions of Japanese and Americans dying later on. At this point I'm ready to justify anything to end this pointless loss of life.

At the end of the day it does not matter. Nothing is changing. republicans in the U.S. Senate will see to that. republicans in many statehouses will see to it on a state level. And even the occasional conservative voter who might be willing to accept some minor changes to improve safety will not let it happen, because they will never vote their member of congress or senator out of office. Lather, rinse, repeat. The only way I see this changing, and I mean the ONLY way, is if one of these nutbars was able to somehow infiltrate the Capitol building when they were in session and managed to mow down 40 or 50 of them. That might be enough of a shock to the system to wake people up to how horrible a nation we've become. But since all those republicans who want to allow Billy Joe Bob to own an assault rifle that can fire a hundred rounds in as many seconds have done a pretty good job o keeping those guns a mile away from THEIR place of employment, don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    (repeating the sentiment how stupid this comment is)

Compared to the innocent children that have died so far as we have done nothing. If some moron wants to sacrifice his kid vs. letting hundreds more die- sacrifice the few for the many- or something like that Spock said.

We can't use stupid excuses to not do something about people ALREADY DYING.

Comment

There is a difference between actively taking a role in the killing of children and knowing that it happens by doing nothing. If you don't believe me, look at how the quickly government changed its standards after those Branch Davidians and such during the 90s vs. the slow response of government to these killings taking place between civilians.

To ignore this basic tenet is to act with blinders.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We can't be held hostage by the worst among us. Make the case clearly at the ballot box: we are for gun control, they are not. Over 90% of the public favors some form of gun control that is already more strict than what we have now because over 90% of the public are not psychotic as-shats.

The NRA is a smoking ruin of Russian corruption. Now is the time to kill it and return guns to the status of just any other issue. The gun snowflakes no longer have significant influence outside their Republican basement whack-off sessions. Tie the two together and drive them both into the sea.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          We can't be held hostage by the worst among us. Make the case clearly at the ballot box: we are for gun control, they are not. Over 90% of the public favors some form of gun control that is already more strict than what we have now because over 90% of the public are not psychotic as-shats.

The NRA is a smoking ruin of Russian corruption. Now is the time to kill it and return guns to the status of just any other issue. The gun snowflakes no longer have significant influence outside their Republican basement whack-off sessions. Tie the two together and drive them both into the sea.
                          That’s not really true. When gun control has actually been on the ballot it’s pretty close to 50/50. Need some new ideas on gun control that everyone can get behind and not the same recycled nonsense.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Yep. If that bugs you or makes you think I'm a commie, then you're godd@mn right I'm fisting the air while singing "Интернационал".
                            Can I still be a Warmongering Centrist Conservadem?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That’s not really true. When gun control has actually been on the ballot it’s pretty close to 50/50. Need some new ideas on gun control that everyone can get behind and not the same recycled nonsense.
                              Does the corpse of the NRA have the budget to run a fear campaign across the nation though? That is a big part in how close past votes have been.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That has been the power of the NRA to intimidate Democrats and push the GOP over the top.

Those days may well be gone. Slavery had its day, too. Things change. Societies grow up. Unevenly... and the hindmost are always a problem. But decade after decade the Dummies have been gradually receding since the first liberal freak swung down from the trees.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X