Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

  1. #141

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    62,095

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    We shouldn't split, we should grow. Annex Canada (10 provinces) and Mexico (31 states) to water down Jesusf-ckistan. That also gives us 9 more to pay around with. Puerto Rico, the 4 UK countries, AUS, NZ makes it 98. 2 to go. Atlantic possessions and Pacific possessions.

    The Dumpies are 30% of the US which has 327M people. So, 98M Dumpies.

    United Federation of States:

    US 327
    Mex 129
    UK 66
    Can 37
    Aus 25
    NZ 5
    PR 5
    Other 5
    ---------
    599M

    The Dumpies will be 16% of the population.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  2. #142
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,628

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    Yes NZ's population is only 5 million, but what does that have to do with implementing a law? Ok so we have a lot of gun owners, we also have a lot of government employees etc. that are available to help facilitate whatever changes might one day be signed into law. New laws are not not being passed because no one has come with a realistic proposal to enact real change, but because the gun lobby has a significant stranglehold on the people elected to get this s**t done.

  3. #143
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,564

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    We shouldn't split, we should grow. Annex Canada (10 provinces) and Mexico (31 states) to water down Jesusf-ckistan. That also gives us 9 more to pay around with. Puerto Rico, the 4 UK countries, AUS, NZ makes it 98. 2 to go. Atlantic possessions and Pacific possessions.

    The Dumpies are 30% of the US which has 327M people. So, 98M Dumpies.

    United Federation of States:

    US 327
    Mex 129
    UK 66
    Can 37
    Aus 25
    NZ 5
    PR 5
    Other 5
    ---------
    599M

    The Dumpies will be 16% of the population.
    Why would countries with a modicum of common sense want anything to do with the 100 million crazies who elected Trump and chose Brexit?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  4. #144
    Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    30,390

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Yes NZ's population is only 5 million, but what does that have to do with implementing a law? Ok so we have a lot of gun owners, we also have a lot of government employees etc. that are available to help facilitate whatever changes might one day be signed into law. New laws are not not being passed because no one has come with a realistic proposal to enact real change, but because the gun lobby has a significant stranglehold on the people elected to get this s**t done.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a strawman argument made by white dudes scared of losing their artificial pen1s enlargements, and social media bots egging them on. It's the, "Sure, we can ban drugs that are obviously super addictive (meth), but is the cost of enforcement really worth it?" specious argument that fatalist, Darwinist libertarians love to advance.

    Will it always be a perfect implementation? No, however there's no question that:

    1) Enforcement reduces chaos and (ideally, with proper drug diversion funding) encourages treatment options
    2) This is a retarded comparison, because certain types of firearms unquestionably have the potential to kill far more innocent people in one fell swoop, than a hit of meth does to an addict

    See also: slippery slope fallacy ("First step towards taking ALL THE GUNZ!"), strict misinterpretations of 2A that completely ignore "well-regulated militia", etc. etc. etc.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  5. #145
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,628

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/03/21...nt-suggestions

    New Zealand took 3 days to ban assault rifles. Here's how long it took the US to act after mass shootings

    Blah blah blah excuses...

  6. #146
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's a strawman argument made by white dudes scared of losing their artificial pen1s enlargements, and social media bots egging them on. It's the, "Sure, we can ban drugs that are obviously super addictive (meth), but is the cost of enforcement really worth it?" specious argument that fatalist, Darwinist libertarians love to advance.

    Will it always be a perfect implementation? No, however there's no question that:

    1) Enforcement reduces chaos and (ideally, with proper drug diversion funding) encourages treatment options
    2) This is a retarded comparison, because certain types of firearms unquestionably have the potential to kill far more innocent people in one fell swoop, than a hit of meth does to an addict

    See also: slippery slope fallacy ("First step towards taking ALL THE GUNZ!"), strict misinterpretations of 2A that completely ignore "well-regulated militia", etc. etc. etc.
    Yeah, St. Clown and I are just retarded small dicked bots.

  7. #147
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    116,663

    Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

    A key point: New Zealand is an ISLAND. There is a natural added border that will help enforcement of bans/etc of guns.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •