Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Texas now loosening gun requirements to allow them at churches. Churches. Yeah, because when I go to worship the Lord, I really want the guy sitting next to me to be packing heat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/te...VCUyoLpRq6d2sQ
    I'm sorry, I know I've expressed this before, but guns in church is just so d@mn funny. I was a Catholic. Just imagine some guy (obviously a guy) with a hip holster during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-08-2019, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Spineless, limp dick republicans

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-checks-report

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Well Kep - this should be a must watch for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlRlV0ZowA

And here is the IMDB entry: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8244784/
        That doesn't seem like a very nice movie...
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Well, did you enjoy "Battle Royale" or "Hunger Games"? (although those were slightly different in hunters/prey)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Sounds like the jack reacher book set in New Hampshire
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Well, did you enjoy "Battle Royale" or "Hunger Games"? (although those were slightly different in hunters/prey)
              I've never heard of Battle Royale.

The original Hunger Games was OK. The rest were an act of love sitting through them with my teenage daughter because Katniss was a good role model even though Peeta and Gale were both losers.

This is all that matters. Retire the concept.

Leslie Banks and Fay Wray FTW.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-08-2019, 09:44 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The original Hunger Games was OK. The rest were an act of love sitting through them with my teenage daughter because Katniss was a good role model even though Peeta and Gale were both losers.

I wish I could remember which elementary school teacher had us read that short story because it is/was one of my all time favorites. I want to say fifth grade, because she was really into having us read.

I didn't like the movie, if only because of the additional characters. Part of what I liked about the story was the isolation.

I'd have to go with the Gilligan's Island adaptation as the only one I could watch.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Just imagine how thick that bush was.........
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

1 and 2, where they actually had, you know, Hunger Games, were good. The rest where they tried to turn it into some "young adult rebel against your parents" crap was awful.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I'm sorry, I know I've expressed this before, but guns in church is just so d@mn funny. I was a Catholic. Just imagine some guy (obviously a guy) with a hip holster during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
                      The MSP archdiocese asks that all Sunday Masses have at least one armed security person present. They are not in uniform, and they are known to the laity and the celebrants. How each parish handles that requirement differs, some will while have a person or two walking around the rear and monitoring the Mass while others just have them mixed into the crowd. I'm told it's been that way for almost 18 years now.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Texas now loosening gun requirements to allow them at churches. Churches. Yeah, because when I go to worship the Lord, I really want the guy sitting next to me to be packing heat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/te...VCUyoLpRq6d2sQ
                        On the heels of 3 mass shootings in a week. I can't even.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Funny how the NRA is threatening Trump that they will pull their endorsement of him if he pursues gun control measures.... Scary part is how much of his base will probably follow the NRA's lead and dump Trump on the spot. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing since the next R will push the same garbage and probably be more strategic about it...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Dump isn't going to do anything about guns. He doesn't care about the murders and his brand of fascism does better with chaos and bloodshed. He'll amp up DHS putting immigrants under surveillance and probably start on citizens with the "wrong" ethnicity.

This is what his followers have always wanted: a police state where they hold the whip -- that's why they constantly projected that when Obama was in office. Bullies are always cowards.
                              Cornell University

Comment

It's a Japanese movie, and the ORIGINAL Hunger Games. And of course, it's Japanese so it's all messed up. Quite good, though (Battle Royale 2 sucked, though).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(film)
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X