Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I see that Mexico is talking about a request to extradite the El Paso shooter and try him in Mexico because Mexican citizens were killed in the attack. Hmmm, a life sentence in a Mexican prison. There is some appeal to that as punishment for this guy.
    Mexico also has a record of allowing masterminds like El Chapo to escape from prison, so I think I'll pass, thanks.

Comment

He didn’t seem to care when it was other people’s kids being shot up. But his kid?? Now it’s different!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Mexico also has a record of allowing masterminds like El Chapo to escape from prison, so I think I'll pass, thanks.
        I doubt this guy has the resources to escape and I doubt he’ll last too long in a prison full of Mexican criminals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Works for me:

Doctor: "Do want to own a high capacity semi auto gun?"

Fondler: "Yes."

Doctor: "You fail the mental health exam. Next!"
          The doctor needs to find out if the guy is delusional or just has a small dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            He didn’t seem to care when it was other people’s kids being shot up. But his kid?? Now it’s different!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html
            I’m not surprised in the least. I just about committed a rage felony when someone threatened my kid with a slap, I can’t imagine knowing he’s at the scene of a mass shooting. A scare like that would turn Clint Eastwood into a gun grabber.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So how would have your idea impacted either shootings.

Given how fast both of them got rounds off and the police reacted- my concept would have greatly reduced the number of rounds gotten off. Which would have saved lives. That's pretty easy.
              From what we know about the Dayton incident, hello red flag laws.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                From what we know about the Dayton incident, hello red flag laws.
                It will be interesting to hear the analysis of the proposed law if it would really have flagged him or not.

Comment

Motorcycle backfires in/near Times Square...causes mass panic.
                  This is where we are now...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...1.html%3famp=y
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    It will be interesting to hear the analysis of the proposed law if it would really have flagged him or not.
                    From what I've read, police were contacted in the past about hit lists/rape lists. Now, I wouldn't care if that were yesterday or 10 years ago, to be honest. He was showing a trend for a tendency towards violence. No gun for him.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Companies that make actual money are starting to weigh in- https://www.linkedin.com/company/royal-caribbean

At some point, their donations will out strip whatever the NRA can bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        We are kidding ourselves if we think we can crawl inside their minds and try to figure out their thinking.

The world we live in has changed. When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, people for the most part were pretty isolated. Even if you lived in a big city, your experiences with other people were generally limited to your family, friends, neighbors, people at school or people at work. I certainly wouldn't be communicating daily with Cornell hockey fans and BU hockey fans and Michigan Tech hockey fans, etc...

If you had crazy ideas or thoughts running through your head about killing and violence and what not, there is a pretty good chance that you did not know of anyone else who was experiencing similar thoughts. I think in some small way that had the effect of suppressing action on those thoughts.

Today, everyone throughout the world is connected to one another. If you have moonbat crazy ideas running through your head, it is extraordinarily easy to find others having similar thoughts. That connectivity provides support. It suggests to you that maybe you aren't crazy, that maybe the actions you are thinking about should be acted upon.

I don't know. Maybe it's complete bs, but I have a feeling that news coverage we see from these tragedies and the reinforcement the killers get from others they've managed to connect with is playing some role here.
                        This is part of it. I think the crazier also egg each other on. We're talking about young males, the most insecure people who ever walked the face of the earth. Now scoop off the portion who are uniquely enraged and feel victimized and you have perfect laboratory conditions for peer pressure spinning people up to making their fantasies come true.

The internet makes these people's ideas into their whole identity. They become professionally aggrieved. They aren't dating or fishing or working, they're pounding their keyboards echoing and amplifying these ideas 24/7.

Think of the racism of the typical GOPer. In the past it would be there but they would be doing 100 different things, 96 of which it would not impact. But now they listen to Hate Radio or Fox or the rest of the Echo Chamber, and go on the net to talk to other like-minded losers, and their whole world gets filled up with racism. And so you wind up with Build The Wall and the Great Replacement and all the risible mythology of the political right. Their bigotry becomes their lifestyle. They are always "on" where their forbears would be too tired from working or raising a family to act on their nonsense.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well Kep - this should be a must watch for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlRlV0ZowA

And here is the IMDB entry: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8244784/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

It was better with aliens and humans and called "Predator."

Comment

Texas now loosening gun requirements to allow them at churches. Churches. Yeah, because when I go to worship the Lord, I really want the guy sitting next to me to be packing heat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/te...VCUyoLpRq6d2sQ
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Interesting take on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME. Might be worth $6 for a matinee/Tuesday show...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X