Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    It was already clear where you stand, but thanks for the input.
    So you're just also trolling as well then...ok.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

It wasn't an intentional troll, but cripes you've proved how easy it is to trigger you two. Heck, I even (mostly) agree with your stances on the thread topic.

Sorry everyone, carry on with the predictable circular discussion.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        It wasn't an intentional troll, but cripes you've proved how easy it is to trigger you two. Heck, I even (mostly) agree with your stances on the thread topic.

Sorry everyone, carry on with the predictable circular discussion.
        I sort of enjoy pointing out peoples' stupidity and/or lack of self awareness. I don't really require any triggering.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          I sort of enjoy pointing out peoples' stupidity. I don't really require any triggering.
          Yup.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            I sort of enjoy pointing out peoples' stupidity and/or lack of self awareness. I don't really require any triggering.
            Sorry, I'm not buying it. Only reason you respond is because you feel like your post fell into one of the four options I originally listed.

You are correct that I should have completely ignored your first response, though. Really undermined the message.
            Last edited by state of hockey; 03-24-2019, 09:35 PM.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Sorry, I'm not buying it. Only reason you respond is because you feel like your post fell into one of the four opinions I originally listed.

You are correct that I should have completely ignored your first response, though. Really undermined the message.
              No need to apologize. But, the fact is I saw your post and chuckled at how self unaware it was. I responded because, well, sometimes I'm kind of a dick like that...whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                I do believe that the Kalashnikov is (was?) the most prevalent assault rifle used worldwide.
                The gun nuts in my office, even though they are "YOU ESS EH TRUMP!!!!" types, always say that the AK-47 never jams even if you totally abuse it in the field. They say if you need to drop off a hundred guns in an African village to give to the untrained child captive soldiers (er, hypothetically), use AKs because American weapons are overengineered and will be too complex / finicky for your slave army.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The gun nuts in my office, even though they are "YOU ESS EH TRUMP!!!!" types, always say that the AK-47 never jams even if you totally abuse it in the field. They say if you need to drop off a hundred guns in an African village to give to the untrained child captive soldiers (er, hypothetically), use AKs because American weapons are overengineered and will be too complex / finicky for your slave army.
                  I've heard the same thing quite a bit. The only question I have is how much of that is mythology now and how much is it backed by actual... uhhhh, data, I guess.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I've heard the same thing quite a bit. The only question I have is how much of that is mythology now and how much is it backed by actual... uhhhh, data, I guess.
                    Good question. Also not sure how many of the billions of AKs floating around in the Third World are legit and how many are knock off.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      There have been sales pitches where people grab the AK from a mud pit and just starts firing. The weapon can work after being abused like few others, but I've read accounts where US soldiers and marines in Vietnam were more worried about the VC aiming their guns at the person next to them than being the target themselves.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Good question. Also not sure how many of the billions of AKs floating around in the Third World are legit and how many are knock off.
                        From what I've read, the tollerances were built a little bigger on the original AK to reduce the likelyhood of jamming. Also, that the original Soviet states all produced a variant of it and sold the surplus to Soviet friendly nations, and even encouraged knockoffs to be made. Same as others said, it's been shown to be reliable after being buried in sand or mud. The accuracy isn't top not because of the tollerance, but some studies show it can still produce a good grouping from a distance.

One article said that in Pacific nations, the choices come down to AK-47's or M-16's because of the availability of ammunition and replacement parts, and whichever one is more popular in each territory comes down to who they were once allied with.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Parkland and Newtown survivors have apparently committed suicide. They're speculating it as survivor's guilt. More devastation.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...arty-shooting/

My main point for posting this- what an incredible dog. We don’t deserve dogs.

But if only this Great Pyrenees had had a gun.

Comment

And your point is... ?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                And your point is... ?
                                Using a racial slur to own the libs.

Comment

Working...
                                X