Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I doubt that. Crime stats say about 300,000 people drive drunk each day, but only 3000-3500 are busted. Extrapolate that over 365 days a year, and you get about 109,000,000 total incidents. However, it is safe to assume that a large number of those incidents involve the same individuals, since statistically about a third of the people busted for DUI are repeat offenders, and there are presumably several million others who just haven't been caught yet.
    MN State Patrol's stated in the past that you have to commit an infraction an average of 8xx (almost 900) times prior to being busted for it in a given location. That's on average, and does not take into account certain identifiers like the Whisky Plates we issue here, which result in fewer infractions per catch. I'm taking this from a state patrol spokesman who was on the radio a number of years ago, making the rounds for tougher DWI enforcement during the various holiday seasons.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Don't judge all ________ by the actions of a radical few.

(a) Muslims
      (b) gun owners
      (c) Philadelphia sports fans
      After last night am I allowed to edit (c) to say "Raptors fans" instead?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        jfc
        I don't see a national demand for zero tolerance on drunk driving.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          If gun control advocates had the same political power as MADD, you'd be allowed bolt action rifles and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Not sure I follow. DUI isn't exactly the slap on the wrist it used to be, especially if it's a super or your second/third offense.

You also greatly underestimate the hatred towards drunks (and rightfully so) among victims and affected family members. It's about time overzealous gun nuts with a disregard for safety in the household finally got their due as well.

Comment

4 times in WI before it's a felony. Granted, they are probably lacking compared to other states, but still.....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                4 times in WI before it's a felony. Granted, they are probably lacking compared to other states, but still.....
                And?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  So you admit you're cherry picking, but use it as a supposed representative of the entire country anyway.

Color me shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So you admit you're cherry picking, but use it as a supposed representative of the entire country anyway.

Color me shocked.
                    I'm not cherry picking. Most states are not as hard core at drunk driving as I wish they would be. WI happens to be one of the worst. For me, once is a mistake. Didn't know your limits (within reason, not talking blowing a .20 or anything), but twice? I would like hard jail time, rehab, community service, heavy fines, loss of license, the works.

This is especially true when my generation was brought up with 5% ABV beers like Bud/Miller/etc, and not the craft stuff that can reach up to 19% or in rare cases, even higher than that. A 10% 12oz beer is the same as having two 5% beers. Some don't really realize that until it's too late.

That being said, the outrage at drunk driving in today's climate is still less then the anti-gun rage, which was my original point.

Comment

Drunk driving penalties are a fvcking joke. Period.

Should jail first offense.
                      Kill anyone and it’s life behind bars no parole.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Drunk driving penalties are a fvcking joke. Period.

Should jail first offense.
                        Kill anyone and it’s life behind bars no parole.
                        This has been Chest Thump Theatre.

You don't even get life for premeditated murder, mookie.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          This has been Chest Thump Theatre.

Do if you a colored boy

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Do if you a colored boy
                            As you do for shoplifting and looking at a white woman.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              As you do for shoplifting and looking at a white woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Want to 'off' someone?
                                Run over them with a car and then chug down half a fifth of Jack.

In PA you get six months house arrest and two years probation.
                                https://www.bergerandgreen.com/blog/...ng-pedestrian/

Dang ... now I gave mookie an idea ...

Disclaimer: In my teens I was broadsided by a drunk driver. I'm bitter toward that category ever since.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X