Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I see that Mexico is talking about a request to extradite the El Paso shooter and try him in Mexico because Mexican citizens were killed in the attack. Hmmm, a life sentence in a Mexican prison. There is some appeal to that as punishment for this guy.
    Mexico also has a record of allowing masterminds like El Chapo to escape from prison, so I think I'll pass, thanks.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

He didnít seem to care when it was other peopleís kids being shot up. But his kid?? Now itís different!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Mexico also has a record of allowing masterminds like El Chapo to escape from prison, so I think I'll pass, thanks.
    I doubt this guy has the resources to escape and I doubt heíll last too long in a prison full of Mexican criminals.

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Works for me:

Doctor: "Do want to own a high capacity semi auto gun?"

Fondler: "Yes."

Doctor: "You fail the mental health exam. Next!"
    The doctor needs to find out if the guy is delusional or just has a small dick.

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He didnít seem to care when it was other peopleís kids being shot up. But his kid?? Now itís different!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e39_story.html
    Iím not surprised in the least. I just about committed a rage felony when someone threatened my kid with a slap, I canít imagine knowing heís at the scene of a mass shooting. A scare like that would turn Clint Eastwood into a gun grabber.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    So how would have your idea impacted either shootings.

Given how fast both of them got rounds off and the police reacted- my concept would have greatly reduced the number of rounds gotten off. Which would have saved lives. That's pretty easy.
    From what we know about the Dayton incident, hello red flag laws.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    From what we know about the Dayton incident, hello red flag laws.
    It will be interesting to hear the analysis of the proposed law if it would really have flagged him or not.

Kings affiliate

Motorcycle backfires in/near Times Square...causes mass panic.
    This is where we are now...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...1.html%3famp=y

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    It will be interesting to hear the analysis of the proposed law if it would really have flagged him or not.
    From what I've read, police were contacted in the past about hit lists/rape lists. Now, I wouldn't care if that were yesterday or 10 years ago, to be honest. He was showing a trend for a tendency towards violence. No gun for him.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Just a boring user.

Companies that make actual money are starting to weigh in- https://www.linkedin.com/company/royal-caribbean

At some point, their donations will out strip whatever the NRA can bring in.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    We are kidding ourselves if we think we can crawl inside their minds and try to figure out their thinking.

The world we live in has changed. When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, people for the most part were pretty isolated. Even if you lived in a big city, your experiences with other people were generally limited to your family, friends, neighbors, people at school or people at work. I certainly wouldn't be communicating daily with Cornell hockey fans and BU hockey fans and Michigan Tech hockey fans, etc...

If you had crazy ideas or thoughts running through your head about killing and violence and what not, there is a pretty good chance that you did not know of anyone else who was experiencing similar thoughts. I think in some small way that had the effect of suppressing action on those thoughts.

Today, everyone throughout the world is connected to one another. If you have moonbat crazy ideas running through your head, it is extraordinarily easy to find others having similar thoughts. That connectivity provides support. It suggests to you that maybe you aren't crazy, that maybe the actions you are thinking about should be acted upon.

I don't know. Maybe it's complete bs, but I have a feeling that news coverage we see from these tragedies and the reinforcement the killers get from others they've managed to connect with is playing some role here.
    This is part of it. I think the crazier also egg each other on. We're talking about young males, the most insecure people who ever walked the face of the earth. Now scoop off the portion who are uniquely enraged and feel victimized and you have perfect laboratory conditions for peer pressure spinning people up to making their fantasies come true.

The internet makes these people's ideas into their whole identity. They become professionally aggrieved. They aren't dating or fishing or working, they're pounding their keyboards echoing and amplifying these ideas 24/7.

Think of the racism of the typical GOPer. In the past it would be there but they would be doing 100 different things, 96 of which it would not impact. But now they listen to Hate Radio or Fox or the rest of the Echo Chamber, and go on the net to talk to other like-minded losers, and their whole world gets filled up with racism. And so you wind up with Build The Wall and the Great Replacement and all the risible mythology of the political right. Their bigotry becomes their lifestyle. They are always "on" where their forbears would be too tired from working or raising a family to act on their nonsense.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Well Kep - this should be a must watch for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlRlV0ZowA

And here is the IMDB entry: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8244784/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

ĒAny society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.Ē
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post

It was better with aliens and humans and called "Predator."

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Texas now loosening gun requirements to allow them at churches. Churches. Yeah, because when I go to worship the Lord, I really want the guy sitting next to me to be packing heat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/te...VCUyoLpRq6d2sQ
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Interesting take on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME. Might be worth $6 for a matinee/Tuesday show...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Texas now loosening gun requirements to allow them at churches. Churches. Yeah, because when I go to worship the Lord, I really want the guy sitting next to me to be packing heat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/te...VCUyoLpRq6d2sQ
    I'm sorry, I know I've expressed this before, but guns in church is just so d@mn funny. I was a Catholic. Just imagine some guy (obviously a guy) with a hip holster during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-08-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

That doesn't seem like a very nice movie...
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Well, did you enjoy "Battle Royale" or "Hunger Games"? (although those were slightly different in hunters/prey)

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Sounds like the jack reacher book set in New Hampshire

Thread Information