Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
    You’ve been taking shots at individuals for years, which is easy to do behind a screen name. And no....im not his mom
    Oh, sorry to "hide"... (So, then your actual name is JSice dog? )

This is a hockey board. People name names, but I have almost always cited guys by name only when they have excelled, just as I have cited Baggs all season long.

And it's curious that you have posted a mere 12 times, but claim to have followed this forum "for years"..?

Huh. A SN behind a SN seems likely. (And being somebody's mom seems likely, too.)

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      They blew the lead in the third. Why aren't you talking about that? Best of luck to M'Ville.
      UC never led in that game. Why are you trolling here, if you don't even know that much?

Comment

Well they never led in the third. I guess they only led for less than a minute in the first period.

Either way UC had a great season. Much better than EC.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
          Well they never led in the third. I guess they only led for less than a minute in the first period.

Either way UC had a great season. Much better than EC.
          Yeah, for less than minute. Forgot that.

In any case, as disappointed as I am, M'ville was the better team all weekend long. Even when losing Game One, they looked like men against boys half the time. The Violents are grown men, and capable. Wouldn't surprise me to see them advance.

Comment

Originally posted by pegs View Post
            UC got ****ing hosed. How did this goal get called off?

https://twitter.com/SDavidsonWKTV/st...69874179952640

Those refs are an embarrassment to the sport. Robbed the team and the fans of a decent game.
            I watch D1 hockey and or NHL every night for fifty years(not summer obv). I went to my first UC game Sunday and had absolutely no idea why the goal didn't count, so ty Pegs for putting this up so I could see it.

If it was goalie interference, why wasn't a penalty called ???

I watched it about ten times, Landrigan was trying to cut in front of the goalie, he was pushed(although not blatantly) into the goalie, if the defenseman didn't push him, he would of cut in front of the crease for a great scoring opportunity, the defensemen was beat.

I've literally seen thousands of games over many years, that was a goal, UC got screwed. Not to say they would have won after that, who knows what would
            have happened, didn't M-Ville score about a minute after the disallowed goal ??

A very entertaining game, UC was off to the NCAA's without that dam goal with five seconds left, to me, that was the biggest bummer !

Note...M-Ville is huge, Berglund 6-3 240# is a horse, and can skate. They have six Europeans from Sweded, Finland, and Czechoslavakia, also nine Canadians, they looked like an International team. UC returns all but four players for next year, they should be goodagain.
            Last edited by sshablak; 03-05-2019, 08:47 AM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I remember last yr when M'ville came to Oswego and they beat us physically and on the scoreboard,big team they have a couple of huge netminders as well..

Comment

Manhattanville sounds like the kind of team that could give a highly skilled team fits in the playoffs. Not sure I want any part of that, especially when the pressure is all on the other bench.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  Manhattanville sounds like the kind of team that could give a highly skilled team fits in the playoffs. Not sure I want any part of that, especially when the pressure is all on the other bench.
                  You got that right, IMO.

M'ville is a very big and strong team. (And -so I'm told- the oldest D-3 squad this year.) Furthermore, that team is well-conditioned, and not slow afoot at all for a team that bulky.

They'd be a tough match-up for anyone right now. (Even Point, IMO... And I've seen Point this year.)

M'ville is cut from the Western cloth. Watch out for that, you smaller, "more-skilled" teams. That's what did-in Utica on Sunday.

It's all about the bounces in a one-off, but I wouldn't want to face the Violents right now.

(Pack some liniment, in any case.)
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-05-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    M'ville is cut from the Western cloth. Watch out for that, you smaller, "more-skilled" teams.
                    In Ma'ville's early years, their rosters were > 50% from Western Canada, and their coach is from Saskatchewan. He's a type of player/coach that you want on your team, but viscerally hate if on the opponent's team.

They'll also employ some gadget trapping defenses at times that can disorient a team if not prepared for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      I watch D1 hockey and or NHL every night for fifty years(not summer obv). I went to my first UC game Sunday and had absolutely no idea why the goal didn't count, so ty Pegs for putting this up so I could see it.

If it was goalie interference, why wasn't a penalty called ???

I watched it about ten times, Landrigan was trying to cut in front of the goalie, he was pushed(although not blatantly) into the goalie, if the defenseman didn't push him, he would of cut in front of the crease for a great scoring opportunity, the defensemen was beat.
                      Watched it bunch of times and the only thing I see that could be cause for the call is that the UC player had his stick across the goalies shoulders impeding his ability to get up off the ice. Of course it also looked like the goalie wasn't even trying to move. Washed out goals suck, almost as much as the idea of a mini game right after playing a full game.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

M'ville vs UM Boston should be a fun first game. UMB, Hobart & Norwich
                        can all play should be interesting game to watch and see how that bracket may indicator
                        of other games.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          I remember last yr when M'ville came to Oswego and they beat us physically and on the scoreboard,big team they have a couple of huge netminders as well..
                          I haven't seen any of Manhattanville this year, so i don't know how their roster build/nucleus compares to last year. But I called both of their games for WTOP at the Pathfinder Tournament and they came in and dominated both Hobart and Oswego in back-to-back nights. Truly was an exceptional weekend performance.

Comment

Not a big fan of this iteration of M'ville, but they can't be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                              I haven't seen any of Manhattanville this year, so i don't know how their roster build/nucleus compares to last year. But I called both of their games for WTOP at the Pathfinder Tournament and they came in and dominated both Hobart and Oswego in back-to-back nights. Truly was an exceptional weekend performance.
                              ...and you were on 🔥🔥🔥
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                ...and you were on ������
                                When isn't TOP on fire ...another great year for them..Thanks boys/girls....I know thread jacked...

Comment

Working...
                                X