Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: UCHC Playoffs 2019

  1. #1
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    871

    UCHC Playoffs 2019

    #4 Wilkes vs. #5 Nazareth

    #3 Manhattanville vs. # 6 Lebanon Valley

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Fomerly Known As Stu13
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    553

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    two upsets, Nazareth and LVC.
    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

  3. #3
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post

    Thoughts?
    Thread needs a good subtitle....like "Countdown to an NCAA bid.....suck on that RIT."
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  4. #4
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    1,779

    An All-NY Semi

    Elmira gets Manhattanville

    Utica gets Nazareth

    ...with a pair of 5-2 finals in the first round.
    Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-19-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added "All-NY Semi" to post title

  5. #5
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: An All-NY Semi (and all old ECAC-W semi)

    Quote Originally Posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
    Elmira gets Manhattanville

    Utica gets Nazareth

    ...with a pair of 5-2 finals in the first round.
    Nazareth always makes me nervous, but not so much at home. Looking forward to the playoff format.....I hope it works the way the league heads think it will work.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  6. #6
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    Nazareth always makes me nervous, but not so much at home. Looking forward to the playoff format.....I hope it works the way the league heads think it will work.
    UC’s Shawn Lynch had a fighting DQ against Wilkes and won’t be playing Saturday.

  7. #7
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    UC’s Shawn Lynch had a fighting DQ against Wilkes and won’t be playing Saturday.
    Yeah, it really irked me to see him lose it and throw a punch the other night. With both him and Cavanagh out, Saturday's lineup is looking a little thin.

  8. #8
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    First game at Elmira ends in 2-2 tie. Winner of either the 2nd game or, should that game end in a tie, the mini game moves to the championship series.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  9. #9
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    First game at Elmira ends in 2-2 tie. Winner of either the 2nd game or, should that game end in a tie, the mini game moves to the championship series.
    There's no incentive to try to win a first-game OT tilt via this format. This "series" is still a one-off.

    Play three full games, please.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-22-2019 at 09:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    There's no incentive to try to win a first-game OT tilt via this format. This "series" is still a one-off.

    Play three full games, please.
    Just Bring It and play one !

  11. #11
    Fomerly Known As Stu13
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Reisterstown, MD
    Posts
    553

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    all to play for...................
    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

  12. #12
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    UCHC's first ever Mini-game is about to start in Elmira

    Edit: Manhattanville wins mini-game 2-1 to move to championship series.
    Last edited by UCBadger; 02-23-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  13. #13
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    UCHC's first ever Mini-game is about to start in Elmira

    Edit: Manhattanville wins mini-game 2-1 to move to championship series.
    Not surprised. M'ville has been hot of late.

  14. #14
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Utica will host Manhattanville next Saturday and Sunday for the UCHC championship and NCAA autobid.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  15. #15
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    871

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    How exciting was that!? M'Ville and EC go to the mini game, and then this weekend M'Ville scores with 5 seconds left to beat Utica to force yet another mini game. I really like the new playoff format and think it should continue. I know there are UC fans that might disagree but UC had plenty of chances to beat M'Ville and couldn't finish. Hats off to M'Ville and best of luck in the NCAA tournament!
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Fulton, NY
    Posts
    1

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    That was a good, hard-fought series by both teams but I'm disgusted at Manhattanville's actions & attitude. Coach was disrespectful to fans, players stomping on Utica's logo, flipping off fans. There's no room for that kind of act, even if you're in hostile territory. It clouds the championship win. They should be ashamed of themselves.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by USAHockey80 View Post
    That was a good, hard-fought series by both teams but I'm disgusted at Manhattanville's actions & attitude. Coach was disrespectful to fans, players stomping on Utica's logo, flipping off fans. There's no room for that kind of act, even if you're in hostile territory. It clouds the championship win. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    Couldn't agree more. Manhattanville actions over the course of both games were just disgraceful. Coach had no self control getting into it with fans both behind the bench and in the suite by the locker room exit. I understand he may have been being taunted, but as a coach you can't be stooping down to that level yourself.

  18. #18
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    How exciting was that!? M'Ville and EC go to the mini game, and then this weekend M'Ville scores with 5 seconds left to beat Utica to force yet another mini game. I really like the new playoff format and think it should continue. I know there are UC fans that might disagree but UC had plenty of chances to beat M'Ville and couldn't finish. Hats off to M'Ville and best of luck in the NCAA tournament!
    IDK, the mini-game thing really dragged things out for everyone involved.

    That format is odd. Utica out-scored MC over the weekend, but lost the "series", which consisted of 2 legitimate games and a throw-in period posing as a game. Didn't add-up to me. If the UCHC wants a real series, then start it on a Thursday and play 3 actual hockey games. All the guys were so gassed in the "mini-game" that is was like watching them skate on Jell-O.

    Having said all that, M'ville was the better team this weekend, overall. I didn't think that they were were especially thuggish, either. They are an older (25-26 YO) team and a physical one, and they wore a smaller UC squad down. Didn't help that Baggs had his worst game ever in net for UC, but that's how it goes.

    Here I go again, but what in the world is illogical about RS champs getting the AQ, if one is to be gifted? Utica finished the RS a mile ahead of M'ville, then had to deal with the pitfalls of the BS PS tournament.

    That really is stupid. It is. Who can advance any sort of a cogent argument that a game and a third should be worth more than the 20 previous? (Please, haters, don't even bother to try to sell that.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2019 at 09:01 PM.

  19. #19
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    They are an older (25-26 YO) team and a physical one, and they wore a smaller UC squad down.
    26? You think Manhattanville is picking up freshmen who aged out of junior hockey 2 years prior?

    The oldest player on Manhattanville is 24, just like Utica.
    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0081892019.html
    Last edited by altazo; 03-03-2019 at 08:41 PM.

  20. #20
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,226

    Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    26? You think Manhattanville is picking up freshmen who aged out of junior hockey 2 years prior?

    The oldest player on Manhattanville is 24, just like Utica. But whatever helps you sleep...

    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...081892019.html
    i was repeating what I heard from the (surprisingly abundant) M'ville fans with whom I visited over the weekend. I can't verify that independently, and your link didn't work.

    It doesn't much matter anyway, truly. Shouldn't have gone there in the first place; it was beside the point.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •