Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Why would anyone not have a passport? They’re fairly inexpensive and good for 10 years.
    I forget the exact stat, but less than 25% of Americans actually ever leave the country.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I forget the exact stat, but less than 25% of Americans actually ever leave the country.
      I had an employee who, until she reached the age of 46, had never left the state of Minnesota.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        And for some states like MI where you can just drive to Canada, you can get an enhanced license for 1/3 of the cost of a passport.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Found a stat - only 12.9% of Americans responding to the survey traveled abroad within the last year, another 8.1% say it's been >1 year since traveling abroad. That's 21% who've left the country.

https://skift.com/2014/08/25/travel-...-in-last-year/
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

12.9% of Americans responding to the survey traveled abroad within the last year
            That seems incredibly high to me. I wonder what it is if you say "Mexico and Canada don't count"? Also take out nation of origin of parents. For annual, 1%? For lifetime, I dunno, 7%?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              That seems incredibly high to me. I wonder what it is if you say "Mexico and Canada don't count"? 1%?
              I left the country once in 2018, flew to Quebec City. Prior to that, I last left the US in 2000 for a European vacation.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of Americans don't leave the US because we are geographically large and diverse - from glaciers to the tropics, you can see experience it all without changing currency. We're 9,629,091 km^2 while all of Europe is roughly 10,180,000 km^2. We have size and convenience, which likely lends to a lot of domestic travel.

Comment

People are complaining about their drivers license not working for domestic flights, if you have a passport you don’t have to worry about it. Seems much easier to me.
                You can spend $100/10 years for a specific document or just use your DL to fly. Since everyone who flies likely has a DL, then use it. Unless you go across a border...

And given the number of cruisers I know who do not have passports (they are not required for specific cruises), then I can easily see and understand people who do not fly across a border not getting a passport.

And in the context of this current argument, if a passport is required to vote, that becomes a poll tax for all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  You can spend $100/10 years for a specific document or just use your DL to fly. Since everyone who flies likely has a DL, then use it. Unless you go across a border...

And given the number of cruisers I know who do not have passports (they are not required for specific cruises), then I can easily see and understand people who do not fly across a border not getting a passport.

And in the context of this current argument, if a passport is required to vote, that becomes a poll tax for all of us.
                  There are other situations where it is useful to have a passport. I consider it money well spent even though I only leave the country every few years. To each their own I guess.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There are other situations where it is useful to have a passport. I consider it money well spent even though I only leave the country every few years. To each their own I guess.
                    And that's the important part. $100 is a lot of money to most people.

Comment

That seems incredibly high to me. I wonder what it is if you say "Mexico and Canada don't count"? Also take out nation of origin of parents. For annual, 1%? For lifetime, I dunno, 7%?
                      this made mookie go and check... but he currently has a rabbit card, two oyster cards, an instanbulkart, and a nol card. and all have balances on them so mookie can go and get on straight from the airport without needed to topp off
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I left the country once in 2018, flew to Quebec City. Prior to that, I last left the US in 2000 for a European vacation.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of Americans don't leave the US because we are geographically large and diverse - from glaciers to the tropics, you can see experience it all without changing currency. We're 9,629,091 km^2 while all of Europe is roughly 10,180,000 km^2. We have size and convenience, which likely lends to a lot of domestic travel.
                        I wasn't criticizing those who don't travel outside the country.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wasn't criticizing those who don't travel outside the country.
                          No, I get that, however there are people who do like to travel internationally and will very quickly cut into those who choose to travel domestically.

Comment

No, I get that, however there are people who do like to travel internationally and will very quickly cut into those who choose to travel domestically.
                            I'm too busy criticizing my loved ones to beef with strangers.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Most Nodaks are of the rightful opinion that there's not much to see west of the Badlands or east of the Red. South Dakota has the Corn Palace, but you can see pictures of that online nowadays. Doesn't seem fair to people born and raised elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Most Nodaks are of the rightful opinion that there's not much to see west of the Badlands or east of the Red. South Dakota has the Corn Palace, but you can see pictures of that online nowadays. Doesn't seem fair to people born and raised elsewhere.
                                And there you go putting down roots east of the Red River.

Comment

Working...
                                X