Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    And there you go putting down roots east of the Red River.
    Same reason I did. If you live in paradise, where do you go for vacation?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That seems incredibly high to me. I wonder what it is if you say "Mexico and Canada don't count"? Also take out nation of origin of parents. For annual, 1%? For lifetime, I dunno, 7%?
      Same here. I've been to Canada a few times, but it was back when a passport wasn't needed to drive across. Didn't get a passport until relatively recently, since it was needed for work.

Either way, I should probably travel more both domestically and internationally.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:49: SNL Sucks. They're the real Collusion. 25th Amendment Them!!!!!!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Same here. I've been to Canada a few times, but it was back when a passport wasn't needed to drive across. Didn't get a passport until relatively recently, since it was needed for work.

Either way, I should probably travel more both domestically and internationally.
        Especially when you're stuck living in Indiana.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This man is pure ****ing vindictive drip slime. He wants all other countries to take their natives back and deal with them but he won't take back our own? Are you ****ing kidding me?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This man is pure ****ing vindictive drip slime. He wants all other countries to take their natives back and deal with them but he won't take back our own? Are you ****ing kidding me?
            So would you be ok if she was brought back and then charged? That's what he's actually asking other countries to do.

This is a tough one- if a person goes to another country with the intent to fight a war against the home country- how do you deal with them? Enemy combatant? POW? Traitor?

Comment

The UK just revoked the citizenship of a girl in the same scenario.

Actions have consequences. I’m not sure if stripping citizenship or throwing their azzes in jail to rot is the better solution

Comment

To make a treason charge stick, they'd have to prove she actually conspired and/or fought against the US and its allies. If all she did was fall for some guy, marry him, crank out a kid, and make a few "DEATH TO AMERICA" social media posts, that's not treason.

I think I'm OK with Trump/Pompeo doing this. Plus, I keep hearing she's not actually a citizen, though this may just be righties misreading the law, as they often do.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  This is a tough one- if a person goes to another country with the intent to fight a war against the home country- how do you deal with them? Enemy combatant? POW? Traitor?
                  I don't see what's tough about it. If* she's an American citizen she's entitled to due process and a trial and sentencing like anybody else. She doesn't lose her citizenship and she doesn't lose the right to re-enter the country. If she's been charged with a criminal offense and she's in custody in a country with which we have extradition, bring her home in irons to stand trial. Upon conviction she'll rot in a cell or get the chair, depending upon the conviction and sentencing.

We need to stop doing all this extralegal crap skirting the Constitution and the legal system. There should be no exceptions to due process. The witchcraft of the day, whatever it is -- treason, pedophilia, or, well, witchcraft -- should have Americans** processed in our legal system with full rights.

* Pompeo says she isn't, but that counts for less than zero. We need an actual legal battle over her citizenship status, not fiat by herpa-derp.

** Even if she isn't a citizen she meets the definition of "US Person," and therefore she's covered by Constitutional protections.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-20-2019, 04:48 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't see what's tough about it. She's an American citizen so she's entitled to due process and a trial and sentencing like anybody else. She doesn't lose her citizenship and she doesn't lose the right to re-enter the country. If she's been charged with a criminal offense and she's in custody in a country with which we have extradition, bring her home in irons to stand trial. Upon conviction she'll rot in a cell or get the chair, depending upon the conviction and sentencing.

We need to stop doing all this extralegal crap skirting the Constitution and the legal system. There should be no exceptions to due process. The witchcraft of the day, whatever it is -- treason, pedophilia, or, well, witchcraft -- should have Americans processed in our legal system with full rights.
                    Well said. Very well said.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Coast guard lieutenant arrested for planning domestic terrorism, cache of guns and a hit list that included pelosi and AOC.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...3kDUdw8EJV7_Dk

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        The UK just revoked the citizenship of a girl in the same scenario.

Actions have consequences. I’m not sure if stripping citizenship or throwing their azzes in jail to rot is the better solution
                        The UK girl had dual citizenship. The Brits also have a law where citizenship can be revoked *unless* such action removes their "stateness" (makes them have no home nation). 100 Brits alone last year had their British citizenship stripped.
                        Last edited by aparch; 02-20-2019, 05:04 PM.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Coast guard lieutenant arrested for planning domestic terrorism, cache of guns and a hit list that included pelosi and AOC.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...3kDUdw8EJV7_Dk
                          White Nationalist. What a shock.. Loves Trump too, I bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I think I'm OK with Trump/Pompeo doing this. Plus, I keep hearing she's not actually a citizen, though this may just be righties misreading the law, as they often do.
                            Not sure which Immigration and Nationalization Act it's from (1953 or 1962), but one of the exemptions it created to birthright nationalization was that diplomat's children fall into a grey area where they are not quite considered US citizens. Also complicating things is that this woman's father quit being a diplomat months prior to her birth.

Honestly, I wouldn't welcome her with open arms, but i'd bring her home and she would definitely be spending some time in various buildings around Arlington being heavily questioned by all departments related to her activity and if she didnt cooperate she'd be given a one way ticket back to the desert.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Comment

I don't see what's tough about it. If* she's an American citizen she's entitled to due process and a trial and sentencing like anybody else. She doesn't lose her citizenship and she doesn't lose the right to re-enter the country. If she's been charged with a criminal offense and she's in custody in a country with which we have extradition, bring her home in irons to stand trial. Upon conviction she'll rot in a cell or get the chair, depending upon the conviction and sentencing.

We need to stop doing all this extralegal crap skirting the Constitution and the legal system. There should be no exceptions to due process. The witchcraft of the day, whatever it is -- treason, pedophilia, or, well, witchcraft -- should have Americans** processed in our legal system with full rights.

* Pompeo says she isn't, but that counts for less than zero. We need an actual legal battle over her citizenship status, not fiat by herpa-derp.

** Even if she isn't a citizen she meets the definition of "US Person," and therefore she's covered by Constitutional protections.
                                That's a good way of putting it.

Makes me wonder how the US dealt with Germans who moved from the US to fight for Germany in WWII. It's the same thing, for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X