Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/22, 2/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/22, 2/23)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Cornell & Colgate (2/22, 2/23)

The curseeeeeee !!!!!

In before shabby.

Comment

Cornell, clinging to a one-point hold on first place going into this weekend, has plenty of incentive to come out firing against RPI and Union this weekend.

Big Red goalie Matt Galajda, who has been solid for most of the season, had an uncharacteristically rough couple of games against Brown and Yale last weekend. If this is a sign that he might be going into a slump, that could be a break for the visitors from the Capital District. Of course, if he returns to the form he showed over the previous two weeks, when Cornell only gave up a total of two goals in four games, it's going to be a lot tougher.

I don't quite understand the reference to a curse in the previous post. Does RPI's one-game winning streak against Colgate count as a curse?

Curse or no curse, if the Engineers want to hold on to ninth place in the ECAC standings, they probably need to win Saturday night's game. A tie would leave the Raiders within striking distance, and RPI, even at home, will probably be underdogs against both Harvard and Dartmouth the final weekend, while Colgate, even on the road, should have a good chance to pick up two points against St. Lawrence.
      Last edited by Waite21; 02-17-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Making my first trip to Lynah. Wish me luck.🙄

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
          Making my first trip to Lynah. Wish me luck.��
          Are you coming to the alumni event beforehand, or just the game? Will be good to have you there, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            I don't quite understand the reference to a curse in the previous post. Does RPI's one-game winning streak against Colgate count as a curse?
            This curse actually has nothing to do with RPI, but rather #26. When I started posting here, Union had a habit of sorts where they'd never win at Colgate. The poster sshablak would make it a point of rubbing it in with said declaration with all spelling and punctuation in context. It's sort of become, at least in my view, a bit of a meme when it comes to that matchup.

Comment

It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Are you coming to the alumni event beforehand, or just the game? Will be good to have you there, either way.
                Seeing how I'm not an RPI alumni, it will be just dinner and the game for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  This curse actually has nothing to do with RPI, but rather #26. When I started posting here, Union had a habit of sorts where they'd never win at Colgate. The poster sshablak would make it a point of rubbing it in with said declaration with all spelling and punctuation in context. It's sort of become, at least in my view, a bit of a meme when it comes to that matchup.
                  Union had 3 total wins at Starr Rink, but have already won twice (and are undefeated) when playing at the Class of 1965 Arena. FlagDUDE, I think you're trying to curse Colgate now
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    Union had 3 total wins at Starr Rink, but have already won twice (and are undefeated) when playing at the Class of 1965 Arena. FlagDUDE, I think you're trying to curse Colgate now
                    If I am, it certainly isn't working all too well, given you presently have a winning record. Although I did notice a win after grabbing seat 13.

Comment

Something for RPI to bear in mind on Saturday is that Colgate's leading scorer, Bobby McMann, was banished in the twelfth minute of the game in Troy after drawing a five & game for checking from behind.

Assuming he commits no further indiscretions, the Raiders should have his services for the whole game in Hamilton.

Comment

RPI pregame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JNyk5n8bMs

Apparently Danny DiGrande is injured. I thought that he has been a healthy scratch.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-22-2019, 05:42 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You were saying... ?

Comment

Trouble is as trouble does.

Comment

It did not appear last night as though Cornell goalie Matt Galajda has gotten back to the top of his game, as he let 3 out of 16 shots get past him (and if Lacka's effort had counted, it would have been 4 out of 17).

Union's goalies, however, fared even worse, allowing 5 goals out of 18 shots against Colgate.

So, it seems reasonable to expect tonight's Union-Cornell game to wind up something like 8-7, though given what usually happens when I make predictions, it'll probably be more like 2-1.

Colgate amassed five goals and eight assists last night. Twelve different players hit the scoresheet, with only one of them having as many as two points. Everybody can forget what I said about Bobby McMann being Colgate's only scoring threat.

Both Colgate and RPI fans seem to think that their teams are playing with a lot of spirit, and they both have reason to think that a home-ice berth for the first round of the playoffs is not out of reach. Should be an entertaining game tonight in Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                              X