Friday and Sat Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Just thinking about the DMG brings back memories (good ones in my case -- the DMG against Fredonia in 2006). It's odd that the NCHA still uses it. Adrian stayed alive today but imagine they'd lost twice this weekend. It would have likely sunk their season. The SUNYAC got rid of the double elimination with a mini-game format to help out their teams' at-large prospects and it was a good decision. It's amazing some conferences still use it in spite of the obvious drawbacks.
    I’m not sure I understand your point. If Adrian had lost today in the first game , the DMG wouldn’t have been an issue. Are you advocating for best of 3, or single elimination? Because it’s not really double elimination - at least in the way baseball or softball use that.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Re: Friday and Sat Scores

LFC and Aurora going to overtime in the DMG
      ---

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        I’m not sure I understand your point. If Adrian had lost today in the first game , the DMG wouldn’t have been an issue. Are you advocating for best of 3, or single elimination? Because it’s not really double elimination - at least in the way baseball or softball use that.
        I'm advocating for single elimination. It's bad for a team with at-large prospects to need to lose twice in their conference tournament in order to be eliminated.

Edit: I know they don't technically need to lose twice. They can be eliminated by losing once and tying once. Or losing once, winning once, and losing the DMG. But the point is the format allows them to lose more than once, which can hurt a team's at-large potential when the rankings are close.
        Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 02-16-2019, 10:47 PM.
        #OneKnight

Comment

I'm advocating for single elimination. It's bad for a team with at-large prospects to need to lose twice in their conference tournament in order to be eliminated.

Edit: I know they don't technically need to lose twice. They can be eliminated by losing once and tying once. Or losing once, winning once, and losing the DMG. But the point is the format allows them to lose more than once, which can hurt a team's at-large potential when the rankings are close.
          Ah. Gotcha. And it is single elimination the rest of the way for the NCHA.

That said, Adrian’s season would have been over if just single elimination (if Friday’s result would have been the only game).
          ---

Comment

Sardina scores for LFC and they advance to play Adrian . At 5:33 of the DMG
            Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 02-17-2019, 08:24 AM.
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              Sardina scores for LFC and they advance to play Marian. At 5:33 of the DMG
              A couple things would still need to happen for LFC to play Marian.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                A couple things would still need to happen for LFC to play Marian.
                It was a late night typo /brain freeze.
                ---

Comment

I get what you're saying to a point...but I think Adrian has a hard time at an at-large bid if they just lose that one game vs. MSOE. Now, the rest of the tournament is single elimination and if they make the NCHA final, they've gone 2-2 vs. 0-1. I think 2-2 with the opponents they'll be playing helps them out more in the long run to try and get an at-large over going 0-1 and being done in the NCHA Quarterfinals.

Right now if all the conference tournaments favorites were to win their conference, Adrian is the first team out. The team in front of them is Hobart. Let's say Hobart loses to UMass Boston this week, Adrian beats whoever they are playing and then loses to the St. Norbert in the final. I can't predict the future and how that all shakes out, but I'm betting Adrian's PWR resume is boosted by the win and loss to a really high team and I could easily see Adrian going back above Hobart and gaining the last at-large spot.
                  Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-18-2019, 11:21 AM.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I get what you're saying to a point...but I think Adrian has a hard time at an at-large bid if they just lose that one game vs. MSOE. Now, the rest of the tournament is single elimination and if they make the NCHA final, they've gone 2-2 vs. 0-1. I think 2-2 with the opponents they'll be playing helps them out more in the long run to try and get an at-large over going 0-1 and being done in the NCHA Quarterfinals.

Right now if all the conference tournaments favorites were to win their conference, Adrian is the first team out. The team in front of them is Hobart. Let's say Hobart loses to UMass Boston this week, Adrian beats whoever they are playing and then loses to the St. Norbert in the final. I can't predict the future and how that all shakes out, but I'm betting Adrian's PWR resume is boosted by the win and loss to a really high team and I could easily see Adrian going back above Hobart and gaining the last at-large spot.
                    Or Adrian just loses to Lake Forest, and tries to fight them at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
                      Or Adrian just loses to Lake Forest, and tries to fight them at the end of the game.
                      Connor Armour is awarded the NCHA's "Knockout of the Week" award.
                      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Not sure if a whole new thread is necessary, but a few early scores (both early in the 1st)...

Naz - 2
                        Wilkes - 0

LVC - 1
                        M’Ville - 0
                        Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-19-2019, 06:16 PM.
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

Halfway through regulation, and Manhattanville is turning it up a notch...

Naz - 3
                          Wilkes - 1

LVC - 1
                          M’Ville - 3
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

...and almost at the same exact point in time, both games go to 3-2 (same teams in the lead, of course)!

EDIT: Two in the books, and that’s where it stays...

Naz - 3
                            Wilkes - 2

LVC - 2
                            M’Ville - 3
                            Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-19-2019, 07:27 PM.
                            Dave
                            RIT - '90

Comment

Pair of 5-2 finals in the UCHC first round, with Nazareth & Manhattanville advancing.
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

Working...
                              X