Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Can 3 Game Best Kept Secret Series

Its own thread...

All Canada on the ice so far but not quite on the scoreboard.

Can't remember the last time I saw Canada play this well for an entire period.

Dirty move by Bellamy...that's the kind of stuff that gets remembered.

Burt? Is this her first time on the roster?

Re: USA vs Can 3 Game Best Kept Secret Series

Too many squandered power plays for Canada in the 2nd period.

The score is too close regardless of the difference in play and shots on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      Burt? Is this her first time on the roster?
      Yes. She's played very well, giving her team a chance.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Yes. She's played very well, giving her team a chance.
        This series might even be a better kept secret than I initially thought.

Judging by the blistering posting pace on this thread it appears that you and I might have been the only two people here that watched game 2.

Comment

I watched, and am heading to the game on Sunday. I can’t say enough good things about the series. Really enjoyable hockey, love watching on tv, great crowds etc. Refs definitely put their whistles away, I wonder if it will be like that on Sunday.

Comment

Got the DVR set for tomorrow @11:00am (Central).

GO USA!

Comment

Johnston making her presence known in the first period with some opportunities in the slot and one flying through the crease.

Might have scored one if she had been able to get her shots off quicker.

Canada needs to stay out of the box like they did last game although it seemed like one or two of the calls were borderline.

A nice glove save by each choolie.

Comment

Gorgeous goal Stacey-Rattray-Turnbull. Rattray drilled the feed pass in front to Turnbull.

Interesting story about Turnbull and Rigsby being best friends. Life beyond and after hockey.

Comment

For a secret, the crowd is pretty impressive. The reserved seats sold out and the ga/ends are pretty full. Assuming the lower bowl seats about 10k, I'd guess there are about 8500 people here.

Now if we could get Michigan to care about women's hockey more than once a year...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                    For a secret, the crowd is pretty impressive. The reserved seats sold out and the ga/ends are pretty full. Assuming the lower bowl seats about 10k, I'd guess there are about 8500 people here.
                    Yes, I noticed that at the beginning of the game. The secret got out, I guess, which is good news.

Just noticed the tickets were substantially more expensive for the Canadian games than for today's US game even after factoring in the exchange rate.

Looks like Boobus Canadianus being taken advantage of by marketers again like the auto industry.
                    Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-17-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I haven't spent any time analyzing it, but it seems to me that Canada's roster is pretty much made up of players who have all but locked up a spot on their team for the Worlds, whereas the U.S. has many more who are "on the bubble" and are being looked at as possibilities. At least that better be the case, because if not I believe the U.S. is in series trouble.

Comment

Two posts for each team.

I think the story of this game, beside Canada's constantly taking time and space away from the US as they did in the last game, was Canada's skaters absolutely shutting down the US power play with pressure and blocked shots to the point that almost no pucks got to Szabados.

Late in the game I think that number was 3.

Can't remember the last time I saw Canada play so consistently well and hungry for 60 minutes as they did in these last two games on both sides of the puck.

Comment

The thing that I noticed about the game was that the two broadcasters seemed to have a slight disagreement on whether it had been 20 years or 21 years between gold medals for the USA at the Olympics. They seemed to mention the two different number of years it had been every 10 minutes or so during the game. I think they would both agree that the Olympic game was decided with a not quite legit shootout. Or as he said, "21 years and then there was the shootout."

For me as far as the actual game goes, "Bring Back Stauber"?
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-17-2019, 02:40 PM. Reason: Spooner next on the WCHA anniversary team after Rigsby?
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            Or as he said, "21 years..."
                            I don't know which is more embarrassing: that an adult can't figure out that it is 20 years from 1998 to 2018; or that he doesn't listen to someone who can.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                              For me as far as the actual game goes, "Bring Back Stauber"?
                              I never thought I'd be thinking that, but this team was flat today, did not move their feet enough and could seldomly connected more than 2 passes in sequence and played very undisciplined hockey penalty-wise. They played terrible. Why was Duggan not on the team?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X