Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Honestly, I think I prefer the no-name actor approach. It makes the movie more about the story and less about the actors who may just be in it to cash a check - which is what Depp seems to do a lot of these days.
    I prefer the no-name approach as well. It’s fascinating however, that DiCaprio would consider this.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

I've not read a single SW book nor watched any of the animated shows. My youngest said the next trilogy will have no ties to the first three? Can someone briefly summarize (if it's known) what/when the new one would be?

Also are there any other SW stand alone projects in the works that are tied to the previous universe?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Honestly, I think I prefer the no-name actor approach. It makes the movie more about the story and less about the actors who may just be in it to cash a check - which is what Depp seems to do a lot of these days.
        This.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I've not read a single SW book nor watched any of the animated shows. My youngest said the next trilogy will have no ties to the first three? Can someone briefly summarize (if it's known) what/when the new one would be?

Also are there any other SW stand alone projects in the works that are tied to the previous universe?
          They are all tied to the universe, it is just the end of the Skywalker story.

I dont buy the Dicaprio thing...the guy has said in the past he doesnt want to do franchises. Depp is a waste of space and has been forever.

Disney has no clue what makes Star Wars great they prove it with every decision they make.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Not a lot of actual details out there, other than it's going to be set a large number of years apart from any of the shows/novels/comics out there to watch or read since Disney's acquisition of the franchise. Most things you could find online right now are all gossip and theories.

My wager is that they want to setup the franchise to move beyond the Skywalker name, but still operate within that galaxy and have kids see new (or really old) Jedi, Sith, and other Force users.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Thanks Handy and StC.

Comment

Do not read unless you want big spoilers...this outline mirrors much of what mike zeroh has reported...not sure how I feel about this. It’s more than ambitious. Parts of it sounds incredibly silly: https://t.co/a4DPGSqeTD?amp=1

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Do not read unless you want big spoilers...this outline mirrors much of what mike zeroh has reported...not sure how I feel about this. It’s more than ambitious. Parts of it sounds incredibly silly: https://t.co/a4DPGSqeTD?amp=1
                  That's one big pile of...

big-pile-of-****

Comment

Yeah you really are way too trusting with clickbait...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeah you really are way too trusting with clickbait...
                      Possibly. The poster shows 3p0 with a bow caster or gun of some sort which may indicate the memory swap is true.

As for the rest who knows? multiple sites have reported palpatine inhabiting a knight of Ren and attempting to inhabit kylo’s Body.
                      If true, I don’t like the idea of resurrecting Kylo and am meh on how they bring back Palpatine.

What I do know is Lucas and Abrams dove into one of the original return of the Jedi drafts for concepts.

Comment

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Possibly. The poster shows 3p0 with a bow caster or gun of some sort which may indicate the memory swap is true.

As for the rest who knows? multiple sites have reported palpatine inhabiting a knight of Ren and attempting to inhabit kylo’s Body.
                        If true, I don’t like the idea of resurrecting Kylo and am meh on how they bring back Palpatine.

What I do know is Lucas and Abrams dove into one of the original return of the Jedi drafts for concepts.
                        I don't recall Ren dying in TLJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I don't recall Ren dying in TLJ?
                          It’s an alleged spoiler that he dies in EP9. More in the link below.

Comment

https://youtu.be/3n1T3HxHd7Y

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the franchise but my daughter got her boyfriend, who is a huge SW nerd, light saber chopsticks. I approve.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-07-2019, 12:42 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'm not a big fan of the franchise but my daughter got her boyfriend, who is a huge SW nerd, light saber chopsticks. I approve.

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X