Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

He fixes the cable?

Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Just like how I had a hard time believing Snoke couldn't tell Kylo was going to kill him instead of Rey. Now that I know that it was Palpatine that made him, it makes sense. Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Just like how I had a hard time believing Snoke couldn't tell Kylo was going to kill him instead of Rey. Now that I know that it was Palpatine that made him, it makes sense. Moron.
    Truth. And then there are the "half-truths." The future does become true, but not in the way you think....

Like, in the first trilogy, Luke's father is dead......in a way.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Internet Nutcase
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Did she? Seems like the way it happened is that she let Palpatine kill himself by just reflecting his assault on her. And she also gains by not "hating" and killing him- and also directing her energy to the dark side. Just like how Luke could not kill his father in RotJ. But Luke had no way to protect himself, whereas Rey had two light sabers to do it.

(which raises an interesting force question, why didn't Palpatine feel Aniken coming up from behind and throwing him over the side?)

Still- if someone shoots you, and you have something that can reflect the shot back to the shooter, thus killing that person- who did it? That's why I don't see Rey killing Palpatine as much as he killed himself.
    I agree she didnít kill him, I was just throwing a possible twist out there that would have really ended the storyline because the Skywalker sand Palpatines would have ended.

During the scene I figured Ben would come in to save the day and kill Palpatine and sacrifice himself in the process

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I agree she didnít kill him, I was just throwing a possible twist out there that would have really ended the storyline because the Skywalker sand Palpatines would have ended.

During the scene I figured Ben would come in to save the day and kill Palpatine and sacrifice himself in the process
    He kinda did.

But Palpatine was killed by Rey. It was his own doing, but she was the one deflecting towards him, so she is responsible. That being said, it was for a noble cause, so no evil/Dark Side involved.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzG3m-ZW198

Cool video on the Rey Palpatine theory long before the movie came out.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

4th trilogy news
    https://youtu.be/FBVnjEFuzII

In talks with Anthony Hopkins? Holy **** that would be great!

Also, as someone else called it earlier, Disney is moving Star Wars in a Marvel direction to have multiple tv shows and stand alone movies that will eventually connect to a trilogy at some point.

wubba lubba dub dub

Perhaps I missed it here, but reading some reporters' accounts, Finn was not going to tell Rey that he loved her. Instead, his reveal was to say that he's Force sensitive. This is per a Q&A with J.J. Abrams. Abrams then chose to not have Finn disclose that prior to the end of the movie just to mess with people.

I've read that same thing in three spots, so I guess it's true. Such is life.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Yes, the books are for us uber geeks. We were ticked off by the Rey-Poe 'meeting' at the end of TLJ since they already met and talked in the TFA novel. And Chewbacca already has his medal from Yavin IV, he just wanted to receive his quietly rather than have a ceremony like Han and Luke. He didn't need Maz to give him one. This isn't just a Disney thing. There's a whole different beginning to the first film that was left on the cutting room floor but is included in the novelization. Wampas play a much bigger role in ESB than we see on film. Don't get me started on Yoda's skin color.
    I thought that was more along the line of Maz giving Chewie a keepsake of Han's, not awarding him some medal he didn't receive when he earned it.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I thought that was more along the line of Maz giving Chewie a keepsake of Han's, not awarding him some medal he didn't receive when he earned it.
    I've read that speculated as well. I can go along with that...just one more thing to wonder though...why does Maz have Han's medal?

Perhaps I missed it here, but reading some reporters' accounts, Finn was not going to tell Rey that he loved her. Instead, his reveal was to say that he's Force sensitive. This is per a Q&A with J.J. Abrams. Abrams then chose to not have Finn disclose that prior to the end of the movie just to mess with people.

He wanted to tell her he had saved 15% on his car insurance.

He fixes the cable?
    I've read that speculated as well. I can go along with that...just one more thing to wonder though...why does Maz have Han's medal?
    Couldn't it be Luke's? I really don't know. I think it is probably Han's. Did Leia have it again? Did Han trade it to Maz at some point? Who knows.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

No it is pretty obvious that is what he was gonna tell her...the whole not telling her thing was stupid as hell.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No it is pretty obvious that is what he was gonna tell her...the whole not telling her thing was stupid as hell.
    The not telling was a flaw (although a nitpick) in my eyes.

Force sensitive made the most sense.

HISHE > Di$ney

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I never thought he was going to tell her he loved her. It would have been out of place and awkward as hell, never mind illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I never thought he was going to tell her he loved her. It would have been out of place and awkward as hell, never mind illogical.
    Correct. He was all about Rose, and in this last one, the other ex-Imperial sista.

Just a boring user.
    Just saw it a second time, and still came away thinking that. Especially the movie potential for Fenn.

It is interesting that the empire rounded up some people with force sensitivity. By accident.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Just saw it a second time, and still came away thinking that. Especially the movie potential for Fenn.

It is interesting that the empire rounded up some people with force sensitivity. By accident.
    From all the movies, the Force is there in everyone. It's a matter of whether or not they realize it (the [sp] medichlorian levels).

wubba lubba dub dub

So I ended up in the theater when my buddy was in town and wanted to take his kids to the show. While watching the time when Leia gets ready to take her leave, she's clutching Han's medal. Maz must've taken it from her bed after she vanished. So the Pirate's Cove owner took it upon herself to give Han's medal to Chewie.

I find it best to not think too much about the things that happen in this movie. If you try and break things down or find the logic behind it the movie becomes rather awful. The less you worry about details the more you enjoy it
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I find it best to not think too much about the things that happen in this movie. If you try and break things down or find the logic behind it the movie becomes rather awful. The less you worry about details the more you enjoy it
    A couple people have asked me about the movie. I have said:

If you go in as a fanboy, you'll hate it.
    If you go in as an avid fan, but not hardcore, you'll really like it.

I haven't had too many dissenting opinions on that take at all.

Thread Information