Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
    Easy for you to say... you aren't paying for it!
    **** exaggeration alert ****

True. But since the NCAA D3 hockey budget is about what CBS pays for about 6 minutes of the national championship D1 basketball game, I think the NCAA can afford it.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

True. But since the NCAA D3 hockey budget is about what CBS pays for about 6 minutes of the national championship D1 basketball game, I think the NCAA can afford it.
      Do you fly into Stevens Point or to Madison and take a bus?
      Last edited by joecct; 02-20-2019, 10:42 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Fly into Green Bay and take a very short bus ride to the CCC.
        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post

This whine is used over and over and over again. But it doesn't matter. As NUProf always jokes, the NCAA will give us a tiny bit of money and us D3 folks better be grateful for it.

But on a serious note, the NCAA establishes a budget. Whether you like the amount or not. And they expect each sport to stay within that budget. Now having said that, they will at times be flexible. And they have flown three teams (or more) during the course of a tournament. We'll see. IMO, it wouldn't surprise me if they put the championship weekend out west no matter how many flights it takes.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
            Fly into Green Bay and take a very short bus ride to the CCC.
            LOL

But, I think you need to worry about beating Stevens Point first...
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              LOL

But, I think you need to worry about beating Stevens Point first...
              Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                LOL
                Seriously though, the runway at Austin Straubel is only 1000 yards from the entrance to the CCC. Hard to beat that convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  Easy for you to say... you aren't paying for it!
                  the NCAA has money coming out it's *****, they just have to move it from one program to another. NCAA DI hoops makes more than enough money.
                  The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                  "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                  "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                  9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                    the NCAA has money coming out it's *****, they just have to move it from one program to another. NCAA DI hoops makes more than enough money.
                    We all know that.

Read my previous post.

You're wasting your time getting all worked up over it.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                      Seriously though, the runway at Austin Straubel is only 1000 yards from the entrance to the CCC. Hard to beat that convenience.
                      Then why bus? Make the players walk. They're young and healthy.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Then why bus? Make the players walk. They're young and healthy.
                        Oh, the horror! You'd make them carry their own gear too, wouldn't you?
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Unless you take a private jet, you cannot fly into Stevens Point.
                          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Why would you fly into Madison when Appleton and even Green Bay are much closer? It takes 2 minutes to research these things before you post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                              Why would you fly into Madison when Appleton and even Green Bay are much closer? It takes 2 minutes to research these things before you post.
                              Green Bay is actually about the same as Madison surprisingly. Appleton is by far the closest.

Comment

For Stevens Point you fly to Central Wisconsin Airport is in Mosinee. That’s about 29 miles to KB Willett

And it’s where the jet picked up UWSP before stopping in GB to get SNC on the way to Lewiston ME, if I remember correctly.

And BILP - CWA has commercial service to MSP, ORD and DTW
                                Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 02-21-2019, 01:41 PM.
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X