Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

East Region schools within 500 miles of Adrian (per NCAA calculator thingy):

Chatham - 275
    Fredonia - 303
    Buffalo State - 352
    Geneseo - 395
    Brockport - 404
    Nazereth - 416
    Hobart - 448
    Elmira - 458
    Oswego - 486
    Leb Valley - 487
    King's - 495
    Wilkes - 495

Just missing out:
    Stevenson - 510
    Cortland - 521
    Morrisville - 521
    Hamilton - 530
    Utica - 534
    Canton - 550
    Neumann - 558
    Potsdam - 562

r

Comment

West Region schools within 500 miles of Adrian (per NCAA doohickey):

Trine - 66
      Lake Forest - 260
      Aurora - 268
      MSOE - 319
      Concordia (WI) - 334
      Marian - 384
      Lawrence - 424
      St. Norbert - 435
      UWSP - 490

Soooo, despite conference alignment, should Adrian be considered "west" for tournament purposes?

r
      Last edited by cetihcra; 02-14-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Lets just end this the bid goes to RIT...………..
        That would be great for me!
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
          West Region schools within 500 miles of Adrian (per NCAA doohickey):

Trine - 66
          Lake Forest - 260
          MSOE - 319
          Concordia (WI) - 334
          Marian - 384
          Aurora - 399
          Lawrence - 424
          St. Norbert - 435
          UWSP - 490

Soooo, despite conference alignment, should Adrian be considered "west" for tournament purposes?

r
          Not sure that Aurora total is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            But that has nothing to do with what I said. Submitting paperwork is one thing (granted, a very important step). Having the criteria to host is completely separate.

Just because you were great at hosting in sport X doesn't mean you meet the criteria for sport Y, nor will it even be considered for sport Y. That is what I am saying.
            And the point sailed over your head that my initial response was to if anyone was asking if anyone knew who submitted bids. My statement was that since Point has for other NCAA things, they probably would for this. Obviously facilities play into it and other rules, but that was not my point and never was (however, the hotel type of requirements are similar so that does apply in one way). I am not stupid enough to ignore that part of it nor did I ever try and state that since they hosted for basketball, they must be able to host for hockey. I am stating prior history states that UWSP bids for these type of things if they are able to. That is it. If they are able to (hint, they are), they will bid.

Guess what else? I was right. UWSP has bid.
            I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
              And the point sailed over your head that my initial response was to if anyone was asking if anyone knew who submitted bids. My statement was that since Point has for other NCAA things, they probably would for this. Obviously facilities play into it and other rules, but that was not my point and never was (however, the hotel type of requirements are similar so that does apply in one way). I am not stupid enough to ignore that part of it nor did I ever try and state that since they hosted for basketball, they must be able to host for hockey. I am stating prior history states that UWSP bids for these type of things if they are able to. That is it. If they are able to (hint, they are), they will bid.

Guess what else? I was right. UWSP has bid.
              Good heavens.

You said my original post was wrong in post #48. Where was it wrong? Because I never touched upon what you just wrote above. Talk about something sailing over your head....

P.S. Of course UWSP bid. Why wouldn't they? As I'm sure SNC, Geneseo, Oswego, and all other schools that meet the requirements will bid.
              Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-14-2019, 02:01 PM.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                Not sure that Aurora total is right.
                You are correct, probably clicked on the wrong school. Aurora is 268 miles. Updated original post.

r

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  That would be great for me!
                  Press box catering. Nuff said.

Comment

lots of big games this weekend, lets see how that alters the brackets.
                    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                      lots of big games this weekend, lets see how that alters the brackets.
                      Of course, the biggest effect on these mock brackets is we are forced to use the league leaders as the AQ representatives because the conference tournaments haven't taken place. And, it's very rare that stays accurate 100% across the board. So, that's where the real altering of the brackets takes place -- after we finally know the AQs. But then, there's no fun anymore at that point.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Easiest bracket ever? Gosh the pairwise makes things easier. Two changes this week have a massive change on the bracketing...Hobart moves ahead of Adrian with the solo victory while Adrian split, which takes Adrian out of the projected field and gives a true East/West region split again. Trinity also took over the NESCAC spot after beating Wesleyan twice to earn the NESCAC bid in the projection.

SUNYAC - Geneseo (2)
                        CCC - Salve Regina (12)
                        MASCAC - Plymouth State (31)
                        MIAC - Augsburg (11)
                        NCHA - St. Norbert (5)
                        NEHC - UMass Boston (6)
                        NESCAC - Trinity (9)
                        UCHC - Utica (14)

Pool C - Stevens Point (1)
                        Pool C - Norwich (3)
                        Pool C - Oswego (4)
                        Pool C - Hobart (7)

As i said above, the bracket is really simple complying within the 500 mile rule without having to worry about Adrian. We get to set up four three-team pods and reward the top four seeds with byes. Literally perfect within the construct of the NCAA travel rules.

First Round:

Augsburg at St. Norbert
                        Plymouth State at UMass Boston
                        Utica at Hobart
                        Salve Regina at Trinity

Quarterfinals:
                        SNC/Augsburg at Stevens Point
                        UMass Boston/Plymouth at Oswego
                        Hobart/Utica at Norwich
                        Trinity/Salve Regina at Geneseo
                        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-17-2019, 09:58 AM.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Easiest bracket ever? Gosh the pairwise makes things easier. Two changes this week have a massive change on the bracketing...Hobart moves ahead of Adrian with the solo victory while Adrian split, which takes Adrian out of the projected field and gives a true East/West region split again. Trinity also took over the NESCAC spot after beating Wesleyan twice to earn the NESCAC bid in the projection.

SUNYAC - Geneseo (2)
                          CCC - Salve Regina (12)
                          MASCAC - Plymouth State (31)
                          MIAC - Augsburg (11)
                          NCHA - St. Norbert (5)
                          NEHC - UMass Boston (6)
                          NESCAC - Trinity (9)
                          UCHC - Utica (14)

Pool B - Stevens Point (1)
                          Pool C - Norwich (3)
                          Pool C - Oswego (4)
                          Pool C - Hobart (7)

As i said above, the bracket is really simple complying within the 500 mile rule without having to worry about Adrian. We get to set up four three-team pods and reward the top four seeds with byes. Literally perfect within the construct of the NCAA travel rules.

First Round:

Augsburg at St. Norbert
                          Plymouth State at UMass Boston
                          Utica at Hobart
                          Salve Regina at Trinity

Quarterfinals:
                          SNC/Augsburg at Stevens Point
                          UMass Boston/Plymouth at Oswego
                          Hobart/Utica at Norwich
                          Trinity/Salve Regina at Geneseo
                          I thought there was no Pool B this year.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Assuming Stevens Point stays number one, and they make it to the Frozen Four, does it become a safe assumption KB Willett hosts the Frozen Four?
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              Assuming Stevens Point stays number one, and they make it to the Frozen Four, does it become a safe assumption KB Willett hosts the Frozen Four?
                              Yes...no doubt...tickets will be in HIGH demand...they have been selling out in their recent home games...
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                                Yes...no doubt...tickets will be in HIGH demand...they have been selling out in their recent home games...
                                From skimming the NCAA's championship manual I think each school would get an allocation of 200 tickets which can only be released if they are not sold by the day before. 200 is not many tickets, but if a school travels light it might make it easier for the few people who do want to go.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X