Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Did anybody notice that the host said the Frozen Four will be played at the highest remaining seed, with no qualifications? Not sure if the producers of the video are uninformed or if that's significant. I am guessing it is the former, because there are ALWAYS qualifications (e.g. submitting a bit, being able to host, etc).
    The production of these live shows are usually very ignorant of what they are producing. Just look at some of the pronunciations over the years. So, I take NOTHING of what they say seriously.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by tom coughlin View Post
      i take back what i said.
      lol
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
        I take back what I said.
        I said it first!! PFFFT!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          The production of these live shows are usually very ignorant of what they are producing. Just look at some of the pronunciations over the years. So, I take NOTHING of what they say seriously.
          You mean Geneseo IS NOT pronounced "JIN-EZ-EE-YOO" like it was in 2016???

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
            SNC and UWSP got screwed.
            Even though one of them will get to host the FF?? whoever survives will be playing the FF in their home barn. Seems to me to be a huge advantage (for the survivor)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
              I take back what I said.
              Just curious...why?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                SNC got screwed.
                Definitely a tough draw but impossible for the NCAA to tailor the tournament this year to make it possible for both SNC and UWSP go to the Frozen Four...especially sticking with the travel restrictions they have strictly held to in years past. Looking at the tourney the last few years I don't really think there is much of an argument. The travel restrictions suck and definitely put a big obstacle in getting the best teams to the Frozen Four all together.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                  You mean Geneseo IS NOT pronounced "JIN-EZ-EE-YOO" like it was in 2016???
                  You should see how they butcher the D3 football names...
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Taking it forward, the winner of the UWSP bracket plays winner of the Norwich bracket, and winner of Oswego bracket plays winner of the Geneseo bracket? Assuming all 4 seeded teams win the Oswego-Geneseo game should be the best of the year.
                    Last edited by The Real Georgia Peach; 03-04-2019, 10:00 AM.
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Can somebody explain if the NCAA is following PWR and USCHO's PWR is right, how did UNE, which is ranked higher than Manhattanville, get sent to Trinity, which is ranked higher than UMB.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                        Definitely a tough draw but impossible for the NCAA to tailor the tournament this year to make it possible for both SNC and UWSP go to the Frozen Four...especially sticking with the travel restrictions they have strictly held to in years past. Looking at the tourney the last few years I don't really think there is much of an argument. The travel restrictions suck and definitely put a big obstacle in getting the best teams to the Frozen Four all together.
                        Book your flights now to Wisconsin?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Book your flights now to Wisconsin?
                          Should I just book a general flight to Wisconsin, bring a parachute, and jump out over the city that wins on March 16?
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                            Taking it forward, the winner of the UWSP bracket plays winner of the Norwich bracket, and winner of Oswego bracket plays winner of the Geneseo bracket? Assuming all 4 seeded teams win the Oswego-Geneseo game should be the best of the year.
                            Not according to d3hockey's bracket.

That's confirmed with the NCAA bracket. So, we could get an all SUNYAC final.
                            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-04-2019, 10:08 AM.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Not according to d3hockey's bracket.

That's confirmed with the NCAA bracket. So, we could get an all SUNYAC final.
                              The committee went off the guidelines 2x then. One with the QF matchups and then the SF pairings.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The committee went off the guidelines 2x then. One with the QF matchups and then the SF pairings.
                                Though, I've seen initial brackets, even from the NCAA, be incorrect.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X