Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

The ignorance on here is astounding.

Yes, there are most definitely building requirements for hosting an NCAA championship. cetihcra laid out the general list.

There is a huge difference in requirements for hosting a single game NCAA playoff versus a four-team tournament NCAA championship.

Requirements for hosting a conference championships have nothing to do with any NCAA requirements.

Just because you were able to host a NCAA championship in a different sport means nothing towards being able to host a championship in another sport.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-13-2019, 07:48 AM.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Just for yucks and giggles does anyone know what schools have/have not applied to host?
      Yes.
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        The ignorance on here is astounding.

Yes, there are most definitely building requirements for hosting an NCAA championship. cetihcra laid out the general list.

There is a huge difference in requirements for hosting a single game NCAA playoff versus a four-team tournament NCAA championship.

Requirements for hosting a conference championships have nothing to do with any NCAA requirements.

Just because you were able to host a NCAA championship in a different sport means nothing towards being able to host a championship in another sport.
        That is not correct. It does mean that you have dealt with the NCAA and their bidding processes in the past. Venues and individual rules for being able to bid maybe different, but you have experience in bidding for NCAA final fours. It is possible to assume that if you have bid for one thing, your school might be interested in bidding for another, especially if your rink meets their other requirements.
        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
          That is not correct. It does mean that you have dealt with the NCAA and their bidding processes in the past. Venues and individual rules for being able to bid maybe different, but you have experience in bidding for NCAA final fours. It is possible to assume that if you have bid for one thing, your school might be interested in bidding for another, especially if your rink meets their other requirements.
          I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. Not being sarcastic here.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. Not being sarcastic here.
            We all can remember schools that should have hosted an NCAA tournament game but didn't because their administration didn't put in the paperwork either out of ignorance or incompetence or both. At the same time, there are schools that submit the paperwork every year because they know how the process works and they don't want to be surprised if and when they make the tournament and have an opportunity to host. I think what BetterInLakePlacid is saying is that if you're in the latter camp you are more likely to submit a Frozen Four bid because you're already familiar with the NCAA process for submitting hosting bids, than if you're new or inexperienced at submitting bids. Yes, the criteria for hosting an NCAA tournament game and the Frozen Four are different, but the process of submitting bids is similar enough that the same schools will likely apply for both, assuming their rink meets the criteria to host the Frozen Four. Sorry BetterInLakePlacid if I'm misrepresenting.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Seems pretty dumb that Utica can bus to Adrian for a regular season game last year and Adrian can bus to Utica for two regular season games this year but neither can't bus to each other for a tournament game.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                Seems pretty dumb that Utica can bus to Adrian for a regular season game last year and Adrian can bus to Utica for two regular season games this year but neither can't bus to each other for a tournament game.
                Both can't, neither can.

Don't be overly negative. Ba da boom.
                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                  I was surprised to find out that Utica was more than 500 miles from Adrian. It didn't make sense to me that Elmira was so much closer than Utica was. Utica lies between Oswego, under 500 miles and Elmira, under 500 miles. Weird....
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    We all can remember schools that should have hosted an NCAA tournament game but didn't because their administration didn't put in the paperwork either out of ignorance or incompetence or both. At the same time, there are schools that submit the paperwork every year because they know how the process works and they don't want to be surprised if and when they make the tournament and have an opportunity to host. I think what BetterInLakePlacid is saying is that if you're in the latter camp you are more likely to submit a Frozen Four bid because you're already familiar with the NCAA process for submitting hosting bids, than if you're new or inexperienced at submitting bids. Yes, the criteria for hosting an NCAA tournament game and the Frozen Four are different, but the process of submitting bids is similar enough that the same schools will likely apply for both, assuming their rink meets the criteria to host the Frozen Four. Sorry BetterInLakePlacid if I'm misrepresenting.
                    But that has nothing to do with what I said. Submitting paperwork is one thing (granted, a very important step). Having the criteria to host is completely separate.

Just because you were great at hosting in sport X doesn't mean you meet the criteria for sport Y, nor will it even be considered for sport Y. That is what I am saying.
                    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-14-2019, 07:42 AM.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Lets just end this the bid goes to RIT...………..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Not funny!!!!!
                        The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                        "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                        "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                        9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          I was surprised to find out that Utica was more than 500 miles from Adrian. It didn't make sense to me that Elmira was so much closer than Utica was. Utica lies between Oswego, under 500 miles and Elmira, under 500 miles. Weird....
                          Utica is 82 miles east of Oswego and 142 miles northeast of Elmira. Geography 101

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Every morning I wake up and check whether I'm 500 miles from Adrian, and when I'm not I breathe a huge sigh of relief
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              Utica is 82 miles east of Oswego and 142 miles northeast of Elmira. Geography 101
                              Thank you for the geography lesson. I hadn't gotten out my map and ruler. I just mentioned I was surprised. But again, thank you.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                I laughed.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X