Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Nah, SNC had to play a first round game in ‘11 or ‘12 as the tournaments #1 overall seed. They won it all that season.

No big deal. The best team in the tournament seems to win most every year, regardless if they received a bye to the quarters.
    That was in 2012, we beat St. Thomas, Gustavus Adolphus, Norwich and Oswego on the way to the National Championship...
    I have no problem in having to play in the first round...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I'd propose a WSP auto final 4 bid, going unbeaten is a feat that is fitting of that reward. Then you have a quarter determining the second west team in. And let the east beat itself into a pulp with Genny and Nor being the gate keepers. Have a bottom 2 seeds as play ins. Pretty radical but not that crazy when you sit and think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Good point. As was GB post. But in both cases, you’re still gambling,
        Very good, Russell. Very, very good!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

St. Norbert leads the "I got screwed" thread
          I guarantee you SNC has no problem playing this Saturday. If any team got screwed it’s Point - they now have to play SNC or Augsburg in the quarterfinal round rather than Adrian.

Comment

D3hockey and Webb have a variation on a theme. Very interesting.

https://www.d3hockey.com/bracketolog...nal-projection
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
              Oswego, haven't been relevant in 5 years, havent won it in over a decade. But yeah pitchforks and **** those guys. Let's just give the west the easy road again.

Is Oswego deserving of a Bye? Not in my opinion.

I'd prefer to host a first round anyways. Forget the bye, keep em fresh with games.
              See d3hockey referenced above.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I had forgotten Curry and Geneseo are more than 500 miles away (In fairness, I tried to forget everything about that game). Some good insight before tomorrow.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Boy that Webb guy has done his homework....it looks like

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    I don't disagree, but I'd rather the beneficiary of the undeserved bye be anybody but Oswego.
                    Well, that’s your personal problem....
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                      I'd propose a WSP auto final 4 bid, going unbeaten is a feat that is fitting of that reward. Then you have a quarter determining the second west team in. And let the east beat itself into a pulp with Genny and Nor being the gate keepers. Have a bottom 2 seeds as play ins. Pretty radical but not that crazy when you sit and think about it.
                      I was thinking about this possibility this morning. That would certainly be an interesting looking bracket.
                      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        See d3hockey referenced above.
                        The difference between Oswego's strength of schedule and 2nd place in SOS is the difference between 2nd and 14th. Not sure about the "not deserving" part, they took on a tough non-conference schedule (Salve, Williams X2, Utica, Hobart) along with being in the conference that had a .611% for inter-conference records, only .005% behind the NEHC.

I'll obviously disagree with you about the relevancy part, but that's just semantics. To say they aren't deserving ignores all of the data.

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        Oswego, haven't been relevant in 5 years, havent won it in over a decade. But yeah pitchforks and **** those guys. Let's just give the west the easy road again.

Is Oswego deserving of a Bye? Not in my opinion.

I'd prefer to host a first round anyways. Forget the bye, keep em fresh with games.

Comment

Does anybody have the link to the selection show? I couldn't find it on ncaa.com yet.
                          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                            The difference between Oswego's strength of schedule and 2nd place in SOS is the difference between 2nd and 14th. Not sure about the "not deserving" part, they took on a tough non-conference schedule (Salve, Williams X2, Utica, Hobart) along with being in the conference that had a .611% for inter-conference records, only .005% behind the NEHC.

I'll obviously disagree with you about the relevancy part, but that's just semantics. To say they aren't deserving ignores all of the data.
                            #OswegoPride
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

The more I look at Webb's Bracket B, the more I really like it for keeping bracket integrity more or less intact while conforming with the realities of the NCAA's requirements (sorry Norwich, for getting a 1st round game). I just wonder how much of a precedent the Curry example actually is. Curry is 584 miles from Geneseo, vs 884 miles between Oswego and St. Norbert. 84 miles is an extra hour and a half on the bus, whereas 884 miles would absolutely require a flight (I can't remember if Curry bussed it or not). Either way, it would be great if they were willing to fly the winner of that game out.

Edit: It was Colby, not Curry
                              Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                                The more I look at Webb's Bracket B, the more I really like it for keeping bracket integrity more or less intact while conforming with the realities of the NCAA's requirements (sorry Norwich, for getting a 1st round game). I just wonder how much of a precedent the Curry example actually is. Curry is 584 miles from Geneseo, vs 884 miles between Oswego and St. Norbert. 84 miles is an extra hour and a half on the bus, whereas 884 miles would absolutely require a flight (I can't remember if Curry bussed it or not). Either way, it would be great if they were willing to fly the winner of that game out.
                                Curry never played Geneseo in the NCAA’s ? Not sure where you got that? They have been to Plattsburgh, Middlebury, Elmira, Norwich??

Comment

Working...
                                X