Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The committee went off the guidelines 2x then. One with the QF matchups and then the SF pairings.
    Semi-final pairings are by the book, aren't they? #1 vs. #5 and #2 vs. #3?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Semi-final pairings are by the book, aren't they? #1 vs. #5 and #2 vs. #3?
      Never mind. Washer went off balance
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So if SNC beats point we could have Geneseo host the Frozen four. I might have to fly back for that
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          So if SNC beats point we could have Geneseo host the Frozen four. I might have to fly back for that
          You haven't been paying attention. It's going west at all costs.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• As a fan I like how this bracket turned out for SNC. Our chances of hosting the frozen four just went up. Going to have to beat UWSP on the road at some point to win the championship, may as well do it in the quarterfinal with the reward of hosting the FF. Also, an additional home game against the Auggies will make for excellent Saturday night entertainment (not a gimme, we’re 0-1-1 against the auggies this year)

As a SNC player/coach, not so excited about having our quarterfinal matchup in the first round and our semifinal matchup in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Arete19 View Post
              Going to have to beat UWSP on the road at some point to win the championship, may as well do it in the quarterfinal with the reward of hosting the FF.
              That's a really good way of thinking about it
              #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                It may be a reference to the selection show, which stated the highest remaining seed would host - not highest western seed
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  It may be a reference to the selection show, which stated the highest remaining seed would host - not highest western seed
                  Yes, but we already covered that in this thread right when that was said. Like I said, he wasn't paying attention. Or, too lazy to read a few posts...
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    The production of these live shows are usually very ignorant of what they are producing. Just look at some of the pronunciations over the years. So, I take NOTHING of what they say seriously.

I have been paying attention, just because you said the NCAA is ignorant doesn't make it so, it could be at Geneseo if Point falls, I think we need clarification from the NCAA. The only way we'll know for sure is if SNC/Augsburg beat UWSP

Comment

SEEDING AND PAIRING
                      [Reference: Championship Structure in this handbook and Bylaw 31.1.3 in the NCAA Division III Manual.]
                      The Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Committee will rank the teams using the selection criteria. The highest-ranked teams will
                      be given consideration as host sites, assuming they meet the requirements of Bylaw 31.1.3.2.3.
                      The committee will pair the
                      teams regionally, based on geographic location of all participants and final seeding. Teams located more than 500 miles
                      from one another will only be paired if it is not possible to pair them with opponents located within 500 miles. Please refer to
                      Appendix A on page 18 for the Division III men’s ice hockey bracket.
                      Quoted directly from the 2018-2019 DIII Mens Ice Hockey Pre-Championship manual Page 15. There's nothing in there about giving preference to Western schools and this is what this years committee is supposed to base their decisions on
                      Last edited by OSU2010; 03-04-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                        Quoted directly from the 2018-2019 DIII Mens Ice Hockey Pre-Championship manual Page 15. There's nothing in there about giving preference to Western schools and this is what this years committee is supposed to base their decisions on
                        Yeah, but it just says they will be given consideration, not given hosting.
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                          In another document, it clearly states the western preference for this year and the eastern preference for 2021. This was mentioned in a post about a week ago. Plus, I posted right after that, I heard this straight from a committee person's mouth.

Like I said, it has been discussed. You weren't paying attention.

It's going to be in Wisconsin. Mark my words. (Unless Augsburg pulls two massive upsets!)

P.S. I never said the NCAA is ignorant. I said the producers of those live selection shows are ignorant.
                          Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-04-2019, 02:18 PM.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

(Unless Augsburg pulls two massive upsets!)
                            I would hardly consider Augsburg beating SNC an upset. They did take 3 out of 4 points from SNC (albeit in Minneapolis). They've given SNC hell in the quarterfinals for three straight years.
                            5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                              I would hardly consider Augsburg beating SNC an upset. They did take 3 out of 4 points from SNC (albeit in Minneapolis). They've given SNC hell in the quarterfinals for three straight years.
                              The key question is, can Augsburg host? I have no idea about their facilities.

If not, all us eastern folk are suddenly going to become huge Augsburg fans.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                The key question is, can Augsburg host? I have no idea about their facilities.

If not, all us eastern folk are suddenly going to become huge Augsburg fans.
                                Locker rooms could be a problem from what I have been able to find, and I think the capacity maxes under 1100.
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X