Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Quote Originally Posted by lakont55 View Post
    Please explain your reasoning, I’m not criticizing your post , I just would like to hear your meaning
    He's referring to Neumann who only got a slap on the wrist for committing the same infraction other schools during that time (Geneseo, Buffalo State, Potsdam) got for misusing the aid to foreign (i.e., Canadian players) students got. Those other schools were banned from the playoffs for a year while Neumann got to keep their championship.

As to your post, the NCAA never gives the championship or even wins to the opposition whenever a team is forced to vacate their title/wins later on. That's their policy in that situation and that has been one thing they have been consistent about over the decades. That's why they use the term "vacate" instead of "forfeit."
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Thanks for the update, and the definition of why the NCAA never gives the Championship to the opposition

Don't get me started...Good to see PSU I figured he would get in the mix on this one...I agree with lakont55
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-06-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Don't get me started...Good to see PSU I figured he would get in the mix on this one...I agree with lakont55
    You still leave a spot on your mantel for that medal, don't you?
    Russell Jaslow

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    He's referring to Neumann who only got a slap on the wrist for committing the same infraction other schools during that time (Geneseo, Buffalo State, Potsdam) got for misusing the aid to foreign (i.e., Canadian players) students got. Those other schools were banned from the playoffs for a year while Neumann got to keep their championship.

As to your post, the NCAA never gives the championship or even wins to the opposition whenever a team is forced to vacate their title/wins later on. That's their policy in that situation and that has been one thing they have been consistent about over the decades. That's why they use the term "vacate" instead of "forfeit."
    Never understood the fairness in letting Neumann keep the Championship. Hobart played and lost 2-0 in the semi final game at Lake Placid after splitting the first 4 games against Neumann during the season. Gustavus Adolphus lost in the final 4-1. This was a very talented Neumann team , but Hobart's probably best team ever played them tough every time. Ten years ago now, just hope we can make it back but Plymouth State and Oswego will be tough.

You still leave a spot on your mantel for that medal, don't you?
    Na no room ..have the 2nd place in my cigar room...

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Na no room ..have the 2nd place in my cigar room...
    in my cigar room Drafty FTW!!! Will I see you at The Wheelhouse the 16th?

Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    “in my cigar room” Drafty FTW!!! Will I see you at The Wheelhouse the 16th?
    The best place on earth 400 sq ft of solitude cigars and libations.....I'll be at my second favorite place the 16th OBX tending to the houses,wish I could be there but duty calls,maybe Final Fore at The Campus Center

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

Spot on. Take nothing away from Oswego, they were a great team, but I still don't think the "crimes" were worthy of vacating a Championship (especially when compared to some of the things schools/boosters today get away with). I have still yet to read a post/report that states a player committed to PSU because of (only only because of) the "benefits". Or said player didnt go to Team B because of said "benefits". Ferras is still coming to Plattsburgh. Panek, Barnett, Dineen....all coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Spot on. Take nothing away from Oswego, they were a great team, but I still don't think the "crimes" were worthy of vacating a Championship (especially when compared to some of the things schools/boosters today get away with). I have still yet to read a post/report that states a player committed to PSU because of (only only because of) the "benefits". Or said player didnt go to Team B because of said "benefits". Ferras is still coming to Plattsburgh. Panek, Barnett, Dineen....all coming.
    The latter part of your argument means absolutely nothing. The fact is they did go and they received "free" room and board. A major NCAA D3 violation. Infraction committed. Championship vacated. As simple as that...
    Russell Jaslow

Lets not forget that the U.S. Cheese Championship is going on at Lambeau right now. West is better than the east in this as well.
    Also, this is the first of two national championships Green Bay will be hosting this month😉

Quote Originally Posted by snc1 View Post
    Lets not forget that the U.S. Cheese Championship is going on at Lambeau right now. West is better than the east in this as well.
    Also, this is the first of two national championships Green Bay will be hosting this month��
    Better bring some salami for that cheese....yummmm

Also, this is the first of two national championships Green Bay will be hosting this month😉
    Haha....when I first read it, I thought it was the US CHESS Championship...silly me.

It's A Great Day For Hockey

Also, this is the first of two national championships Green Bay will be hosting this month��
    10 of the 20 finalists are from Wisconsin. 3 Vermont. 3 California and assorted others.

https://fox11online.com/news/offbeat...cheese-contest

https://www.uschampioncheese.org/201...nty-finalists/
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 2019
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-18, 2019
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

It's A Great Day For Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Haha....when I first read it, I thought it was the US CHESS Championship...silly me.
    St. Louis, it would appear:
    https://www.uschesschamps.com/2019-u...nship/overview
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 2019
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-18, 2019
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Colorado Cadets Fan

I'll take white Vermont cheddar over dyed orange Wisconsin cheese 8 days a week.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I'll take white Vermont cheddar over dyed orange Wisconsin cheese 8 days a week.
    Love Cabot Cheese. We Have been to the factory tour.

Beer Chese Soup and Friday Night Fish Frys - for the better part of a dozen years early in my career, I spent more time in Wisconsin than anywhere else...you have not lived until youve experience both in a VFW or fire station or church hall...but Id still love to see the finals played in Oz while Im still alive.💚💛🙃

The RIT Curse Lives On

If you think that hosting playoff games is a cluster only in D3 ...

RIT blew its chance to host last weekend, and is now playing a quarter final series in a high-profile Wed-Thurs-Fri series vs Sacred Heart. Evidently SHU wasn't anticipating hosting, Jeff Dunham booked their arena, and has relegated Atlantic Hockey to a rare mid-week series.

Actually this time it's not RIT's fault, but I don't really feel much sympathy.

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Re: The RIT Curse Lives On

Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    If you think that hosting playoff games is a cluster only in D3 ...

RIT blew its chance to host last weekend, and is now playing a quarter final series in a high-profile Wed-Thurs-Fri series vs Sacred Heart. Evidently SHU wasn't anticipating hosting, Jeff Dunham booked their arena, and has relegated Atlantic Hockey to a rare mid-week series.

Actually this time it's not RIT's fault, but I don't really feel much sympathy.
    No offense to RIT or Sacred Heart, but I'd rather go see Jeff Dunham!!!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Thread Information