Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Oh, heck. Itís about time SNC gets a play-in game. (If Joe's prediction holds.)
    5 seconds (+ overtime). That's all it took. If Utica had hung on for 5:05, then it would have been an 8/4 split.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Oh, heck. It’s about time SNC gets a play-in game. (If Joe's prediction holds.)
    I've got basically the same thing. In an ideal bracket the byes would go to UWSP, Genny, NU, and SNC.

Oswego (as usual) gets the benefit of a break, because hey they're special, they're Oswego.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I've got basically the same thing. In an ideal bracket the byes would go to UWSP, Genny, NU, and SNC.

Oswego (as usual) gets the benefit of a break, because hey they're special, they're Oswego.
    Unless they fly Oz to GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Old #35 View Post
    Unless they fly Oz to GB.
    That would be an interesting development. But I've read (in this thread??) that the 500 mile rule is not set in impermeable concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post

Considering how often western teams have gotten breaks sending them all straight to the quarterfinals no matter how low their rankings were, I donít see how you can say that about Oswego.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    That would be an interesting development. But I've read (in this thread??) that the 500 mile rule is not set in impermeable concrete.
    Itís not. But we also have to consider they will be flying three teams for the Frozen Four, so I donít see them flying another earlier than that.

It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Itís not. But we also have to consider they will be flying three teams for the Frozen Four, so I donít see them flying another earlier than that.
    Just spitballing...

If you think UWSP will host the FF. Could send Oswego to SNC and Augsburg to SP for the quarters. And if you think SNC might win - that could be two western teams to help attendance... and whatís the difference if the three flights are for the finals OR one for the quarters and two for the finals. But an Oswego win at SNC would mean a fourth flight then the next week... so that does decrease the odds of that senario

But it creates the possibility of two western teams for the FF
    Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 03-03-2019 at 05:23 PM.

St. Norbert Hockey Fan
    If the final will be out west regardless and itís really all about the dollars, then have Plymouth state play Manhattanville and the winner goes to Uwsp. Top seed gets the most favorable matchup in the quarterfinals, you very likely still end up with 3 flights total, and you double attendance at the frozen four.

It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete19 View Post
    If the final will be out west regardless and itís really all about the dollars, then have Plymouth state play Manhattanville and the winner goes to Uwsp. Top seed gets the most favorable matchup in the quarterfinals, you very likely still end up with 3 flights total, and you double attendance at the frozen four.
    This way does guarantee two western teams, which my idea did not. Could be better.... but methinks SNC will play Augsburg in the first round

Edit: sorry. Shouldnít have said ďguaranteeĒ. Just thinking UWSP would win. Not a given of course.
    Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 03-03-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arete19 View Post
    Good point. As was GB post. But in both cases, youíre still gambling,

St. Norbert Hockey Fan
    If you lose the gamble in the quartfinals, then you hold the frozen four out east this year. You can go for the sure thing out west in 2021 in that case, but maybe you get lucky in 2021 and 4 west teams get in that year. Again, this is the way you try to maximize overall dollars. While it would benefit SNC and hurt Norwich this year, I actually hope it doesnít happen because it would solidify the greed of the ncaa as the primary goal of the organization.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Considering how often western teams have gotten breaks sending them all straight to the quarterfinals no matter how low their rankings were, I don’t see how you can say that about Oswego.
    I don't disagree, but I'd rather the beneficiary of the undeserved bye be anybody but Oswego.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

St. Norbert Hockey Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Oh well...hopefully they clean up their act before next season.
    Iím pretty critical of the culture at Adrian, but I have to give credit to coach Krug last night. He pulled an incredibly upset, senior player off the ice after the ENG. The last 20 seconds would have been ugly with him out there. Maybe coach Krug is finally starting to get it.

who the hello?
    Oh, heck. Itís about time SNC gets a play-in game. (If Joe's prediction holds.)
    Nah, SNC had to play a first round game in Ď11 or Ď12 as the tournaments #1 overall seed. They won it all that season.

No big deal. The best team in the tournament seems to win most every year, regardless if they received a bye to the quarters.
    Last edited by altazo; 03-03-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Oswego, haven't been relevant in 5 years, havent won it in over a decade. But yeah pitchforks and **** those guys. Let's just give the west the easy road again.

Is Oswego deserving of a Bye? Not in my opinion.

I'd prefer to host a first round anyways. Forget the bye, keep em fresh with games.

Rocking 'The Stone'

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Nah, SNC had to play a first round game in Ď11 or Ď12 as the tournaments #1 overall seed. They won it all that season.

No big deal. The best team in the tournament seems to win most every year, regardless if they received a bye to the quarters.
    That was in 2012, we beat St. Thomas, Gustavus Adolphus, Norwich and Oswego on the way to the National Championship...
    I have no problem in having to play in the first round...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

I'd propose a WSP auto final 4 bid, going unbeaten is a feat that is fitting of that reward. Then you have a quarter determining the second west team in. And let the east beat itself into a pulp with Genny and Nor being the gate keepers. Have a bottom 2 seeds as play ins. Pretty radical but not that crazy when you sit and think about it.

Very good, Russell. Very, very good!

who the hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post

St. Norbert leads the "I got screwed" thread
    I guarantee you SNC has no problem playing this Saturday. If any team got screwed itís Point - they now have to play SNC or Augsburg in the quarterfinal round rather than Adrian.

D3hockey and Webb have a variation on a theme. Very interesting.

https://www.d3hockey.com/bracketolog...nal-projection

Thread Information