Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology 1.1 - before the conference tournaments. Don't be upset

I don't know why people keep wasting time considering potential attendance as never once prior has evidence been generated, be it in written protocol or actual practice, that the bracket has been arranged with attendance in mind. Because it hasn't been and won't be, so I continue to fail to understand the slavish devotion to such mythology. It's also a waste of time to talk about potential hosts that didn't even bother bidding for the thing.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      I don't know why people keep wasting time considering potential attendance as never once prior has evidence been generated, be it in written protocol or actual practice, that the bracket has been arranged with attendance in mind. Because it hasn't been and won't be, so I continue to fail to understand the slavish devotion to such mythology. It's also a waste of time to talk about potential hosts that didn't even bother bidding for the thing.
      Just for yucks and giggles does anyone know what schools have/have not applied to host?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Just for yucks and giggles does anyone know what schools have/have not applied to host?
        I'm sure the NCAA knows who bid at this point.
        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          St. Norbert has...
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            But isn't suitability of facility a criteria? Yea, I could look it up but 2 grandkids want to play with Granddad.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
              St. Norbert has...
              I would assume UWSP has as it has hosted Women's DIII Final Four Basketball before so hosting a DIII final is not a new concept for them.
              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                But isn't suitability of facility a criteria?
                No.

Comment

But isn't suitability of facility a criteria? Yea, I could look it up but 2 grandkids want to play with Granddad.
                  I know there have to be four locker rooms with showers, plus an area for the officials (not sure if it has to be an official locker room) for the final four.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Hobart was allowed to host both NCAA and ECAC/W tourney games. Visiting locker room is so small that the 2nd and 3rd string goalies had to remain in the rink outside the locker room door, interacting with the fanbase heading to the concessions. I would say that suitability is likely not a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      Hobart was allowed to host both NCAA and ECAC/W tourney games. Visiting locker room is so small that the 2nd and 3rd string goalies had to remain in the rink outside the locker room door, interacting with the fanbase heading to the concessions. I would say that suitability is likely not a factor.
                      The final four is a different beast than single-game matchups with different requirements.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        I know there have to be four locker rooms with showers, plus an area for the officials (not sure if it has to be an official locker room) for the final four.
                        In addition to spwood’s requirements above, there are also requirements for media rooms, hospitality rooms, press conference space etc, and the facility must be ADA compliant. The facility must be able to commit the ice time to give each team a practice slot on free days, and a morning skate on game days. There’s also a blurb in the site manual about the committee preferring on-campus arenas, and a 1,000 person minimum capacity.

r

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          The final four is a different beast than single-game matchups with different requirements.
                          IIRC - Hobart hosted the four-team ECAC/W semi/finals tourney at least once.

Comment

Do you guys think the NCAA is going to run a championship and have a possibility of not having a building to play it in? It will get played somewhere. If it is in a substandard building, then that is the committee's fault for going back to this model.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              IIRC - Hobart hosted the four-team ECAC/W semi/finals tourney at least once.
                              Once again...league final four requirements are different than ncaa requirements. I’m not saying what buildings can and can’t host. But there are definitely some specs not all D3 facilities meet.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Webb posted an entertaining "what if" for the first bracketology on the other site:
                                http://www.d3hockey.com/bracketology/men/2019/feb-12

Man, he's right. That would be a great tournament.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X