Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 641

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

  1. #601
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,287

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    Who am I kidding Edina should always be the number one seed regardless of how anybody else has done during the year. The community has won 13 state boys championships, and they still want Giles fired for not winning more. They really had no business not winning back to back championships the last two years with all their talent. It's really inexcusable to be honest. Even though EHA has brought home 71 state titles the most in the state and have been runner-up 47 times also most in the state they want all the coaches who lost 47 times to step down. Like the Edina people say we only hang championships we wouldn't have any room for the second, third, fifth place finishes. Win or go bust.
    Very high expectations!
    https://youtu.be/RvU_Zhe8tpw
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  2. #602
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    The Vegas Golden Knights Fortress Invitational, set to be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas from Jan. 3-4, 2020, will feature Army West Point, Cornell, Ohio State and Providence.

    “We are very excited to host the Vegas Golden Knights Fortress Invitational at T-Mobile Arena,” Golden Knights president Kerry Bubolz said in a statement. “The Fortress Invitational provides our fans an opportunity to see some of the best college hockey players in the country with the unique in-game experience they are accustomed to seeing at VGK home games. We look forward to this tournament becoming a college hockey tradition in Las Vegas for years to come.”
    Not sure how much the VGK are kicking in for this bash, but two-day passes are ONLY $50! I'd love to see the Gophers in this tourney in the future. I don't know if it would ever be possible, but can you imagine a rivalry cohort like MN, Wis, UND and....? (Michigan? or ?) in Vegas all for $50. Too good to be true perhaps, but I'd love to see that happen.

  3. #603
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,803

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    Who am I kidding Edina should always be the number one seed regardless of how anybody else has done during the year. The community has won 13 state boys championships, and they still want Giles fired for not winning more. They really had no business not winning back to back championships the last two years with all their talent. It's really inexcusable to be honest. Even though EHA has brought home 71 state titles the most in the state and have been runner-up 47 times also most in the state they want all the coaches who lost 47 times to step down. Like the Edina people say we only hang championships we wouldn't have any room for the second, third, fifth place finishes. Win or go bust.
    Tonka handled them just fine and their title was won without K'Andre Miller and Clay Hanus, and last year (undefeated until mid-season then something fell off) without Hanus and Bobby Brink. Perhaps you're trolling so I'll leave it at that.

  4. #604
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Tonka handled them just fine and their title was won without K'Andre Miller and Clay Hanus, and last year (undefeated until mid-season then something fell off) without Hanus and Bobby Brink. Perhaps you're trolling so I'll leave it at that.
    The 2017-2018 season Minnetonka and Edina tied for the conference with 6-1 records but Minnetonka won the neutral site rubber match in Dec at Xcel. (Match results 5-2, 2-8 and 5-3.) In both Minnetonka wins they had a 3-2 lead and scored 2 empty nets and 4-3 lead with one empty net. Edina raced off to a huge lead so there was no empty net goals. Both teams were one and two in the state to be honest it was shame they didn't face off in the Final it would have been fun! Congrats, on their first title with the best team they have ever had.

    Last year Edina won the conference with a 7-0 record and Minnetonka finished with a 3-2-2. (Match results 2-5, 1-3) This was a mediocre Edina team who won their 13th school title but they had sound defense and goal tending. Next year they return goal tending and 4 signed D1 defensemen. IMO, BSM's with all their Edina kids who didn't make the Hornets are the team to beat next year.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  5. #605
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,287

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    IMO, BSM's with all their Edina kids who didn't make the Hornets are the team to beat next year.
    If BSM will have what is essentially Edina's JV squad how can they be the team to beat? (And yes I do realize that the Red Knights will be very good).
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  6. #606
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,803

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    The 2017-2018 season Minnetonka and Edina tied for the conference with 6-1 records but Minnetonka won the neutral site rubber match in Dec at Xcel. (Match results 5-2, 2-8 and 5-3.) In both Minnetonka wins they had a 3-2 lead and scored 2 empty nets and 4-3 lead with one empty net. Edina raced off to a huge lead so there was no empty net goals. Both teams were one and two in the state to be honest it was shame they didn't face off in the Final it would have been fun! Congrats, on their first title with the best team they have ever had.

    Last year Edina won the conference with a 7-0 record and Minnetonka finished with a 3-2-2. (Match results 2-5, 1-3) This was a mediocre Edina...
    You clearly didn't watch many games and are only looking at online records. They finished 20-2-3 with the #2 SOS but as I said for some reason struggled down the stretch after beating Andover on HDM. They were 19-0-1 after that game. That one of their best players came down with frostbite didn't help, and clearly the loss of Brink hurt.

    Likely the best Tonka team was likely the 2010 team (28-2-0) that sadly lost in the final but beat Edina 3 times during the season. The 2008 team had (off memory) 10 future Div I players as did the 2011 team. Both won 24 games. Also last season was not a mediocre Edina team, although Hogg played a bit above his pay grade.

    Keep trolling it's fun.

  7. #607

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,967
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    If BSM will have what is essentially Edina's JV squad how can they be the team to beat? (And yes I do realize that the Red Knights will be very good).
    So where does the Jr. Gold team fall in the pecking order?

  8. #608
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    You clearly didn't watch many games and are only looking at online records. They finished 20-2-3 with the #2 SOS but as I said for some reason struggled down the stretch after beating Andover on HDM. They were 19-0-1 after that game. That one of their best players came down with frostbite didn't help, and clearly the loss of Brink hurt.

    Likely the best Tonka team was likely the 2010 team (28-2-0) that sadly lost in the final but beat Edina 3 times during the season. The 2008 team had (off memory) 10 future Div I players as did the 2011 team. Both won 24 games. Also last season was not a mediocre Edina team, although Hogg played a bit above his pay grade.

    Keep trolling it's fun.
    I disagree since the 2008 Tonka team didn't win a championship in my view they can't be the best team ever but surely they were the most talented. There were some special players on that 2008 team.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  9. #609
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    If BSM will have what is essentially Edina's JV squad how can they be the team to beat? (And yes I do realize that the Red Knights will be very good).
    BSM's recruited players not from Edina who are really good.

    EDIT: More clarity.
    Last edited by 4four4; 08-10-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  10. #610
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    So where does the Jr. Gold team fall in the pecking order?
    We were talking about Jr. Gold the other night. How does Adam Carlson an Edina Jr. Gold alum who was cut twice at Edina by Giles sign a NHL/AHL contract? Word around the community before cutting goalies Carlson's Jr. Gold coach told Giles and his staff they were cutting the wrong player.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  11. #611
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Speaking of Edina, Da Beauty League is back for the summer at Braemar Arena. It's an interesting mix of NHL, minor league and college players who train for much of the summer in Minnesota. The league which began July 10, runs Mondays and Wednesdays through Aug. 21 and features four-on-four play, no body checking and two 23-minute running-time periods. All penalties result in a live penalty shot with action continuing immediately if the goalie makes the save.

    The lineup is like an NHL All-Star Game-MN style, as six teams compete for the John Scott Cup in August. Admission for three games is $10 beginning at 5:30 p.m. and proceeds go to charity.

    Quite a few former and present Gophers are playing in the league: Alex Goligoski, Nick Bjugstad, Erik Haula, Brady Skjei, Brent Gates, Nate Schmidt, Nick Leddy, Sammy Walker, Vinni Lettieri, Kyle Rau, Travis Boyd, Ryan Lindgren, Jake Bischoff, Seth Helgeson, Casey Mittelstadt, Justin Kloos, Hudson Fasching, Tyler Nanne, Mike Reilly, Aaron Ness, Ryan Zuhlsdorf, Justin Holl, Ben Brinkman, Clayton Phillips, Tommy Novak, Blake McLaughlin, Jared Moe, Adam Wilcox.

    Sammy Walker in his first appearance in Da Beauty League ranks second in goals/game (6/3) behind Brock Nelson (12/5). Good news if Sammy's goal scoring translates to this coming season!

    Da Beauty League
    Last edited by SteveO; 08-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  12. #612

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,967

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Da Beauty League Jersey auctions:

    https://www.32auctions.com/organizat...ns/68342?t=all

  13. #613
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    We were talking about Jr. Gold the other night. How does Adam Carlson an Edina Jr. Gold alum who was cut twice at Edina by Giles sign a NHL/AHL contract? Word around the community before cutting goalies Carlson's Jr. Gold coach told Giles and his staff they were cutting the wrong player.
    Speaking of Adam Carlson, Tom Chorske had him on his podcast the other day. Great interview for those curious to know Adam's backstory and hear about his journey:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000446282260

  14. #614
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Guentzel/$400, Boeser/$333.33 and Haula/$300?? I wonder who sets these prices? There goes the resale profit margin.

  15. #615
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,287

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    The names look like they're affixed to the back with white tape, which is why the white jersey's look the best.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  16. #616
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    The names look like they're affixed to the back with white tape, which is why the white jersey's look the best.
    Yeah...haha. Jake Oettinger's jersey even looks like there's another name patch underneath it! Maybe that's the tape.

  17. #617
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,143

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    The names look like they're affixed to the back with white tape, which is why the white jersey's look the best.
    Wasn't that part of the premise for the league - cheap jerseys, etc., to try and mimic adult pickup games?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  18. #618
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,992

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Wasn't that part of the premise for the league - cheap jerseys, etc., to try and mimic adult pickup games?
    Yes.

    The duct tape is part of the attraction.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  19. #619
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Guentzel/$400, Boeser/$333.33 and Haula/$300?? I wonder who sets these prices? There goes the resale profit margin.
    All the money goes towards charity.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  20. #620
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Wasn't that part of the premise for the league - cheap jerseys, etc., to try and mimic adult pickup games?
    No, it's because these guys are short on cash.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •