Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 641

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

  1. #441
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,108

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Rem Pitlick gets a spot on the murals. Good.

  2. #442
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Rem Pitlick gets a spot on the murals. Good.
    I remember watching the team open their season against the two Alaska schools (up there) and marveling at the freshman's ability to shoot the puck. It was immediately obvious that the coaches had recruited a real winner. Glad his contributions are being recognized by giving him a place on the murals.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  3. #443
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    18

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    What exactly are you trying to figure out?
    I can't really tell from the discussion either. I would like to figure out a ranking system that gets the Gophers into the post season every year. Please provide ideas. Here are a few for starters:

    Don't count the games over the Christmas break. the Gophers always play terribly in them. And the Gophers might have a player playing in WCJ
    Over-weight the games against the previous year NCAA champions (hey, the Gophers can almost always beat UMD)
    Open the field to 32 teams (the NHL pretty much let's in the top 50%)
    Give some additional credit for any game against NCHC teams even if they lose (at least they were brave enough to schedule them)

  4. #444
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,019

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
    I can't really tell from the discussion either. I would like to figure out a ranking system that gets the Gophers into the post season every year. Please provide ideas. Here are a few for starters:

    Give some additional credit for any game against NCHC teams even if they lose (at least they were brave enough to schedule them)
    That would take big stones instead of little berries.

  5. #445

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,967

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Gophers cut season ticket prices!!

    @LetsPlay_Hockey: Gophers announce slash in men's hockey season ticket prices ($200 decrease over 2 years). Lowest get-in price now $500 (~$25 per game). Home slate will include 2-game series with UND, home-and-home vs. UMD, and Mariucci Classic with SCSU, Minnesota State & Bemidji State. https://twitter.com/GopherSports/sta...25367018950659

  6. #446
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    460

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Gophers cut season ticket prices!!

    @LetsPlay_Hockey: Gophers announce slash in men's hockey season ticket prices ($200 decrease over 2 years). Lowest get-in price now $500 (~$25 per game). Home slate will include 2-game series with UND, home-and-home vs. UMD, and Mariucci Classic with SCSU, Minnesota State & Bemidji State. https://twitter.com/GopherSports/sta...25367018950659
    Ya, they lowered the price of season tickets but they did not point out that they are raising the per seat extortion fees $300 to $500, $200 to $400 and $100 to $200. They are still screwing the season ticket holders, $45 per game for an arena that is at best 35% full is ridicules.
    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

  7. #447
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Ya, they lowered the price of season tickets but they did not point out that they are raising the per seat extortion fees $300 to $500, $200 to $400 and $100 to $200. They are still screwing the season ticket holders, $45 per game for an arena that is at best 35% full is ridicules.
    Ya, for my two seats the seat donation fee is going from $600 to $1,000, a 67% increase! I am definitely going to explore my options.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  8. #448
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,976

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Ya, they lowered the price of season tickets but they did not point out that they are raising the per seat extortion fees $300 to $500, $200 to $400 and $100 to $200. They are still screwing the season ticket holders, $45 per game for an arena that is at best 35% full is ridicules.
    Mine went down $100. Zone 4.

  9. #449
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,790

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Ya, they lowered the price of season tickets but they did not point out that they are raising the per seat extortion fees $300 to $500, $200 to $400 and $100 to $200. They are still screwing the season ticket holders, $45 per game for an arena that is at best 35% full is ridicules.
    Those "fees" are tax deductible and therefore your cost per game will be lower.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-19-2019 at 04:38 AM.

  10. #450
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    The Gophers are reducing prices for their cheapest season tickets, but their more expensive packages will cost the same. In those more expensive sections, the ticket prices are lower but the mandatory scholarship seating donation price increased, making the changes a wash. - STrib.
    Hmmmm... Kind of a slap in the face to the STHs. This is a controversial revenue management decision by the AD. IMHO the finance and athletic depts. at the U are shooting themselves in the foot by raising the "donation fee" among their most faithful fans and corporate clients.

    The new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act effective Jan. 1 this year completely eliminated deductions for business entertainment expenses. Before the tax bill, companies could deduct 50 percent of a variety of business entertainment expenses, such as client meals, event tickets, charitable event tickets including these "donation fees". Under the new law, no deduction is allowed for any activity generally considered to be entertainment, amusement or recreation.

    I don't know what average corporate ownership of Gopher hockey season tickets is (pro sports is about 30%), but companies will scrutinize their budgets carefully and look to spend their dollars more wisely which means less butts in the seats at Mariucci. The same applies to individual STHs. The collateral damage will inevitably affect concessions revenue as well. I don't see the wisdom in ruffling the feathers of your faithful corporate and individual STHs who represent the backbone of your revenue stream.

    "We live in a vibrant community and state where entertainment options are endless," Coyle said in the release. "We have to be extremely competitive and creative with the options we offer, while still making sure that we provide every opportunity for our student-athletes. We will continue to explore additional options for all our sports in the future."
    If Coyle wants to be competitive with ticket pricing, passing the savings onto STHs should be a top priority.

  11. #451
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,142

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Those "fees" are tax deductible and therefore your cost per game will be lower.
    Not on the federal form anymore. That was part of the 2017 tax change.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  12. #452
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,976

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Those "fees" are tax deductible and therefore your cost per game will be lower.
    They aren't. That changed with the Trump/Ryan tax bill IINM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  13. #453
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,976

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Hmmmm... Kind of a slap in the face to the STHs. This is a controversial revenue management decision by the AD. IMHO the finance and athletic depts. at the U are shooting themselves in the foot by raising the "donation fee" among their most faithful fans and corporate clients.
    No, it's not. It's a wash for those people. They are not the people being priced out of tickets. It's the blue collar fans that are most impacted by high prices. The people who are buying center ice aren't living paycheck to paycheck, so to speak.

    The new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act effective Jan. 1 this year completely eliminated deductions for business entertainment expenses. Before the tax bill, companies could deduct 50 percent of a variety of business entertainment expenses, such as client meals, event tickets, charitable event tickets including these "donation fees". Under the new law, no deduction is allowed for any activity generally considered to be entertainment, amusement or recreation.

    I don't know what average corporate ownership of Gopher hockey season tickets is (pro sports is about 30%), but companies will scrutinize their budgets carefully and look to spend their dollars more wisely which means less butts in the seats at Mariucci. The same applies to individual STHs. The collateral damage will inevitably affect concessions revenue as well. I don't see the wisdom in ruffling the feathers of your faithful corporate and individual STHs who represent the backbone of your revenue stream.

    If Coyle wants to be competitive with ticket pricing, passing the savings onto STHs should be a top priority.
    Good. **** those corporate seats. That's half the problem. Corporations aren't fans, fans are. You want butts in the seats? Get the tickets in the hands of the people who want to come but don't want to pony up $1,500 a year for two tickets.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  14. #454
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Good. **** those corporate seats. That's half the problem. Corporations aren't fans, fans are. You want butts in the seats? Get the tickets in the hands of the people who want to come but don't want to pony up $1,500 a year for two tickets.
    Pretty much, though I'm guessing those same corps will still buy them and they'll remain unused.

  15. #455
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    I think it's a misconception that those center-ice premium sections are mostly occupied by "corpies". I've been in 19 ever since the big shake-up after the points system was put in place, and the fans all around me have, for the most part, remained the same. They are definitely not the oft-maligned "corpies", which I believe are mostly confined to the suites above us.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  16. #456
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No, it's not. It's a wash for those people. They are not the people being priced out of tickets. It's the blue collar fans that are most impacted by high prices. The people who are buying center ice aren't living paycheck to paycheck, so to speak.
    IMO the Strib piece is overgeneralized. It's not a "wash" for every fan or companies that will take a harder look at their sport ticket holdings and marketing budgets. I don't have any stats about STHs on the red line, but I'm assuming they are not all corporate seats. Many of those seats are purchased by long time fans or smaller companies.

    Corporations with huge marketing budgets that include sports ticket portfolios don't care much about increases or decreases in ticket prices or donation fees.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Good. **** those corporate seats. That's half the problem. Corporations aren't fans, fans are. You want butts in the seats? Get the tickets in the hands of the people who want to come but don't want to pony up $1,500 a year for two tickets.
    My comments were directed to individual STHs and companies, not corporations.

    Nevetheless, your comment is misleading. Some corporations spend millions of dollars on a sport and entertainment ticket portfolio mainly for business development and retention (58%)*. According to D & B, an average corporate sports ticket portfolio (demand %) has NFL (30%), NBA (12%), MLB (17%), NHL (4%), College sports (6%) and other entertainment options (30%). It's estimated that over 40% of corporate tickets go unused every year.

    Statistically, 67% of corporate sports tickets are requested 15-60+ days in advance (highest is 24%/30-60 days). Generally speaking, business guests that request Gopher tickets from a variety of sporting events well in advance are fans of Gopher hockey.

    *Ticket ownership and trends by industry as classified by Dun & Bradstreet study of 1000 corporations.

  17. #457
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,976

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I think it's a misconception that those center-ice premium sections are mostly occupied by "corpies". I've been in 19 ever since the big shake-up after the points system was put in place, and the fans all around me have, for the most part, remained the same. They are definitely not the oft-maligned "corpies", which I believe are mostly confined to the suites above us.
    And that must be why they remain open for games. Because they’re die hard fans, right?

  18. #458
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    And that must be why they remain open for games. Because they’re die hard fans, right?
    For most games the more expensive "donation seats" were more occupied than the corner and the end zone seats (Sections 4 through 22). Perhaps that's why they raised the total cost for Zone 1 renewals the most.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  19. #459
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,976

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    That’s because those seats in the corners, especially 23-4,have gone unsold for years.

  20. #460
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That’s because those seats in the corners, especially 23-4,have gone unsold for years.
    Yes, and those seats are not, nor have they ever been purchased, for the benefit of the much maligned "corpies".
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •