Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    So if they pull off the win this weekend, would people rather play Ped State at home, or Ohio on the Road?
    My vote would be Ohio St.. Not to sound cliche, but I think that the Gophers match up better with them.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

At the same time it would be more exciting to have that game at home and if you can't beat a team that is outside of the tournament as far as at large when it counts most you don't deserve to make it.

Let's beat ND first.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        At the same time it would be more exciting to have that game at home and if you can't beat a team that is outside of the tournament as far as at large when it counts most you don't deserve to make it.

Let's beat ND first.
        Agreed & agreed.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

Let's beat ND first.
          Whoa whoa hold on a second. What makes you think that another home playoff game would be any better than the train wreck for attendance this past weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
            Whoa whoa hold on a second. What makes you think that another home playoff game would be any better than the train wreck for attendance this past weekend?
            No HS Hockey tournament that weekend. Improved weather (we all hope). False hope for the weather and team. Fewer conflicts from other U sporting events.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              No HS Hockey tournament that weekend. Improved weather (we all hope). False hope for the weather and team. Fewer conflicts from other U sporting events.
              This weekend had the HS hockey tourney, the Gophers women hockey, wrestling meet, I think a couple other things, along with the weather forecast (which turned out to not be an issue).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                Did I say that? It would be ugly. Less ugly but ugly.

But I would like to watch one more game at home and that would be a big one.

Comment

I just discovered the forums on USCHO and I thought you guys would be interested in this: I have been tracking just about every game of the Gophers this year and created shot maps of various situations, whether it's even strength shots, power play shots, shots when certain players are on the ice, etc. Here's some recent examples of my shot maps from this weekend: Gophers Even Strength March 9 Shots, Gophers PP Shots, March 8 & 9, Gates-Pitlick-Sheehy CF On, Ranta-Walker-McLaughlin CF On, Wolverines Even Strength March 9 Shots

For possession counting stats, they are all found here. You can find CF%, FF%, PDO, and more at various strengths. At 5v5, I included total game score and game score/games played.

If you don't want to navigate through my graphs, then here's a quick summary:
                  Top GS/GP:
                  1. Walker, 0.5883
                  2. Gates, 0.5275
                  3. Pitlick, 0.4416

Top PDO (luckiest players):
                  1. Burke, 1.102
                  2. Walker, 1.0692
                  3. Brinkman, 1.0634

Worst PDO (unluckiest players):
                  1. Norman, 0.9473
                  2. Wait, 0.9483
                  3. Romanko, 0.957

Top CF%:
                  1. Stucker, 50.68% (20 GP)
                  2. Pitlick, 48.59%
                  3. Gates, 48.38%

Lowest CF%:
                  1. Ranta, 39.88%
                  2. Reedy, 41.34%
                  3. Zuhlsdorf, 41.99%

Best FO% (min. 100 FO taken):
                  1. Gates, 63.37%
                  2. Sheehy, 56.58%
                  3. Novak, 53.38%

If you enjoy the content I am creating and want to stay updated, I would greatly appreciate a follow on Twitter- that is where I mainly post my content as I create it- I will follow back. My Twitter is @The_Kyle_Young, or here for the direct link. If anyone has any suggestions or requests, please let me know, go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    This weekend had the HS hockey tourney, the Gophers women hockey, wrestling meet, I think a couple other things, along with the weather forecast (which turned out to not be an issue).
                    The big rosemaling festival in Blaine was the real killer.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      ASU is UND of the South circa 200x.
                      While true. The entire team will be gone and replaced by a squad of 18 yos next year.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

This article is in the NY Times today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/s...oud-state.html

Comment

TL;DR: Motzko is pretty much saying that the look and feel of Gopher hockey is about to change quite drastically to compete with the other MN schools
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Do or die tonight. Time to de-activate the C3P0s!
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Do or die tonight. Time to de-activate the C3P0s!
                              LOL, I've been calling them that since the first time I saw them!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Game Day!

With Notre Dame sitting at #17 in the PWR, a loss could be the end of the road this season for ND and definitely the Gophers tonight. The Gophers swept ND in their last meeting two months ago at the Compton Family Ice Arena. Can the Gophers notch a third victory in a row on ND home ice?

ND netminder Cale Morris was impressive last weekend, recording back-to-back shutouts on home ice against MSU and the high scoring KHL line.

The GPS line for the Gophers has been resonating their own firepower lately racking up 10 pts. last weekend in the sweep against Mich. Robson was on his game with a 1.5 GAA in the series. Offensively the Gophers are on a 5 game winning streak that has avg. 3.4 G/GP and arguably playing their BEST hockey of the season.

Notre Dame has struggled scoring all season and managed only a goal in each loss to the Gophers in South Bend in January. But this is PLAYOFF HOCKEY. I expect the ND defense and goaltending to be their firewall once again, which really came to life last weekend. The Gophers will need more puck possession time in the O-zone than they had against Mich. to solve the ND D and Morris. Perimeter play is not going to cut it.

I've got ND with a slight edge on home ice tonight. But potent special teams action could be the wild card tonight with the ND PP @ 22.6% (13th) and the Gophers 24.1% (9th). Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X