Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 641

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

  1. #301
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,290

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Just wanted to say as an impartial observer that I think the penalty call in OT was complete BS. I was also impressed by the passion that Bob showed after the goal. I loved the lip reading on the B10 feed. I also heard he got into it downstairs with the head of officiating--shows his passion and dedication. I felt like you guys were playing well down the stretch and deserved a fair chance to get into the tourney. It was painful to watch your season get blown up by such a bad call. That should not happen ever!
    Thanks for your kind words, MagnessMan. Obviously an extremely tough way to end the season, but we Gopher fans are optimistic about the future of the team with Bob leading the way. And best of luck to your Pioneers in the tourney.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  2. #302
    Legend in everybodys mind
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    7,882

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Frustrating season. Expectations are some of the highest in the country. But they should be. We are the only D1 school in arguably the top recruiting grounds in the country. And Michigan and Wisconsin should also be doing better. Motzko will right the ship.
    After seeing a full season I agree.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  3. #303
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,135

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Frustrating season. Expectations are some of the highest in the country. But they should be. We are the only D1 school in arguably the top recruiting grounds in the country. And Michigan and Wisconsin should also be doing better. Motzko will right the ship.
    I don't think you should be frustrated, it's his first year, it's going to take a few of his classes to get things going. Him and Pearson are proven D1 coaches, they both will figure it out. The jury is still out on Granato.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #304
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,844

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Well I suppose you can spin it any way you want, but the sad fact is that this year's Gophers' squad put themselves into an extremely untenable position of making the NCAA Tourney, where at the end everything had to fall their way if they were to make it. Given the parity of today's hockey landscape, the odds were not in their favor. I am more optimistic about next year, provided Robson stays for his senior season.
    Robson gone

  5. #305
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,015

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Love that the wild got him. But I think this sets the Gophers back a step or two. He was a tremendous college goalie.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  6. #306
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,113

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    All three goalies will be new next year. Hooray.

  7. #307
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,844

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Everyone except people in denial knew it was coming.

  8. #308
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    28

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    All three goalies will be new next year. Hooray.
    aaaaaaaand we don't have a goalie next year.
    Great.

  9. #309
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,015

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by directmagna View Post
    aaaaaaaand we don't have a goalie next year.
    Great.
    Huh?

    We have a number of goalies coming in. We're going to pull in a kid from the same program Robson came out of up in Canada. Among others.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  10. #310
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,113

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    I'm not actually terribly worried about it. Just odd when everyone at a position is leaving.

  11. #311
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,290

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Just odd when everyone at a position is leaving.
    Isn't everyone who's on the team "at a position"? And obviously they aren't all leaving...so it's not all that odd!

    But sad about Robson, as he was arguably the team's most important player this year.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  12. #312
    Registered User Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,409

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Isn't everyone who's on the team "at a position"? And obviously they aren't all leaving...so it's not all that odd!

    But sad about Robson, as he was arguably the team's most important player this year.
    I assume that is the best possible thing for him. He signed a NHL contract after 2 years on the Gophers. If you can promise that to every goalie prospect, you are going to get some real good kids. I mean, I really wanted him to stay, but getting a NHL contract had to be his goal, after all. He has his chance at the big time, it is up to him to succeed from here.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


    The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

    this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

  13. #313
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,290

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I assume that is the best possible thing for him. He signed a NHL contract after 2 years on the Gophers. If you can promise that to every goalie prospect, you are going to get some real good kids. I mean, I really wanted him to stay, but getting a NHL contract had to be his goal, after all. He has his chance at the big time, it is up to him to succeed from here.
    Agree 100%, you certainly can't begrudge or fault him for leaving and chasing a dream. I was just speaking from a pure fan's perspective, that he will be sorely missed because he meant so much to the team.

    I wish him nothing but the best.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  14. #314
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    399

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Thanks for your kind words, MagnessMan. Obviously an extremely tough way to end the season, but we Gopher fans are optimistic about the future of the team with Bob leading the way. And best of luck to your Pioneers in the tourney.
    Ditto, all around.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

  15. #315
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Just wanted to say as an impartial observer that I think the penalty call in OT was complete BS. I was also impressed by the passion that Bob showed after the goal. I loved the lip reading on the B10 feed. I also heard he got into it downstairs with the head of officiating--shows his passion and dedication. I felt like you guys were playing well down the stretch and deserved a fair chance to get into the tourney. It was painful to watch your season get blown up by such a bad call. That should not happen ever!
    I disagree. I watched the play several times in slow motion. The incident happened near the red line and the ref was on the wall 10 ft. away outside the Gopher blueline. It was a judgment call but IMO could be either a hook or even interference.

    Sheehy never touches Theisen's stick, but his stick is parallel to the ice and he hits his glove on the lift AND collides with Theisen's left skate at the same time before either player touched the puck. Definitely not just a stick lift or a dive.

    Rule 58.1 Hooking - A player shall not impede the progress of an opponent by hooking with the stick or by using the stick in a reverse position to obtain the puck or prevent the opponent from playing the puck. Rule 59.1 Interference - A player shall not interfere with or impede the progress of an opponent who is not in possession of the puck...etc.

    Whether one thinks it's a bad call or not, refs are human beings and they're not going to get it right every time. If you play this game long enough you learn to control your emotions and move on to control what you can control. In this case, the Gophers lost several puck battles on the PK that led to the GWG.

    Regarding Motzko's tirade of F-bombs after the game, IMO that's unnecessary and unprofessional. This is college, not the NHL. He did the same thing to Montgomery last season (HERE). Motzko has other options to express his disapproval of the call. Screaming F-bombs at the refs and inviting them to step outside live on camera while shaking hands with a Notre Dame coach with kids standing behind the glass in full view of it is not one of them.

    A coach or other non-playing person connected with a team shall not use foul or abusive language; obscene gestures; threatening language or gestures;
    or other unsportsmanlike conduct to an official, or otherwise try to influence or intimidate an official either before or during a game.

  16. #316
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,113

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Can everyone just acknowledge that there is a person that disagrees so they can move on?

  17. #317
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Can everyone just acknowledge that there is a person that disagrees so they can move on?
    "so they"? I have no problem moving on, but apparently you do.

  18. #318
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,113
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    I have no problem moving on...but apparently you do.
    I posted a few times yesterday about a completely different topic regarding the team. Try again.

  19. #319
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    i posted a few times yesterday about a completely different topic regarding the team. Try again.
    Ok.

  20. #320
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,844

    Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Regarding Motzko's tirade of F-bombs after the game, IMO that's unnecessary and unprofessional. This is college, not the NHL. He did the same thing to Montgomery last season (HERE). Motzko has other options to express his disapproval of the call. Screaming F-bombs at the refs and inviting them to step outside live on camera while shaking hands with a Notre Dame coach with kids standing behind the glass in full view of it is not one of them.
    It's not mites, either. I think most competitive people would be just as ****ed. The guy ended his team's season and the careers of a large number of players he has likely grown to care about.

    I LOVE the passion and it's such a welcome change from what we had for years. Maybe it'll translate into a team that isn't one of the softest in the country year in and year out...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •