Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Lucia Apologist

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Last I checked, didn’t we sweep ND at ND?

Gophs are giving way too much time and space in own zone resulting in too many good scoring opportunities. Need to get more aggressive.

Lucia Apologist

THATS A TERRiBLE ****ING CALL

Lucia Apologist

Un****ingreal. That was terrible.

Lucia Apologist

Motzko is LIVID

Lucia Apologist

The guy ran into Sheehy’s stick!!! Horrific call.

Big Ten reffing was a ****ing joke all year and I said it a million times. Unbelievable. No one likes the conference and we'll continue to just hate it more.

I am so F**ck--g p***ed. The first goal, ND player clearly moved his hand to connect with the puck. That is not what the intent of the rule is. Now Sheehy lifts a guys stick in OT and it is a penalty!!!!!!!!! This season seemed to be getting less frustrating towards the end, but to end it based on the calls of the Refs is a Sh*tty way to end it. If they had both been legit goals and a legit penalty, I would be fine with it. Not sure which season ending of the last two is more frustrating: players crap the bed in the last four games, or get crapped on by the refs?

He fixes the cable?

Wow. Irish were sure handed that one!

Feel awful for the seniors. They didn't deserve to have their time end that way. Embarrassing for the official that made that call.

Luck of the Irish strikes again! I sure didn't see any penalty.
    Didn't I hear once McInchak and Pochmara are both Catholic?

Feel for you guys. Maybe the worst call I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    I am so F**ck--g p***ed. The first goal, ND player clearly moved his hand to connect with the puck. That is not what the intent of the rule is. Now Sheehy lifts a guys stick in OT and it is a penalty!!!!!!!!! This season seemed to be getting less frustrating towards the end, but to end it based on the calls of the Refs is a Sh*tty way to end it. If they had both been legit goals and a legit penalty, I would be fine with it. Not sure which season ending of the last two is more frustrating: players crap the bed in the last four games, or get crapped on by the refs?
    I didn't see anything wrong with first ND goal. Nothing conclusive. But that penalty call in OT...atrocious. Ref is gonna be sick to his stomach when he sees that again.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I didn't see anything wrong with first ND goal. Nothing conclusive. But that penalty call in OT...atrocious. Ref is gonna be sick to his stomach when he sees that again.
    If that were the case then he'd be so sick from a career of bad calls he'd be in I.C.U.

tBob called out the refs hardcore in the post-game. He'll probably get fined, but I don't think he cares. And he's justified in the criticism.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Horrible call, yes, but the Gophers just dug themselves too deep of a hole to realistically have a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Given their overall team talent level and poor start to the season they needed lots of puck bounces and a healthy dose of luck to win "x" number of games in a row to avoid having their season come to an end. Sad to say, their poor odds finally caught up to them tonight. All it took was that final horrible call.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Horrible call, yes, but the Gophers just dug themselves too deep of a hole to realistically have a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Given their overall team talent level and poor start to the season they needed lots of puck bounces and a healthy dose of luck to win "x" number of games in a row to avoid having their season come to an end. Sad to say, their poor odds finally caught up to them tonight. All it took was that final horrible call.
    We're just mad about this game. We knew the bad odds given the earlier results of the season. To snatch that long shot away from us...ugh.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    We're just mad about this game. We knew the bad odds given the earlier results of the season. To snatch that long shot away from us...ugh.
    I know, I feel terrible, and I'm just a fan.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

I know, I feel terrible, and I'm just a fan.
    I'm just a fan, too. My initial reaction to all of this....the ACLU wouldn't dare defend me.

Not true. The Gophers did not dig themselves a whole too deep to make the tournament. The Big Ten is not great and they would have just needed to win one more game.

Go anywhere in the tournament if they got there? Doubtful but that's why they play the games.

But the result was taken out of their hands.

Thread Information