Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Stumbled on ASU Twitter (literally, since I don't twitter) and they were hinting MN was flopping to draw penalties.
    Bear in mind they're from Arizona, and "ice hockey" is kind of new thing.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    There is at least a little more hope, based on more consistent recent play, than I had mid-season.
    Somewhere a few pages back I stated that I thought the Gophers were showing improvement in their overall play, for which I took some criticism. But I think it's now safe to say that the "improved play" trend has continued. But Arizona - minus Johnny Walker - was a big disappointment, to me at least. I expected more talent, better teamwork, better goaltending, more grit....but all we got was the grit, and dirty grit at that.

It would be super fun for the Gophers to take out Michigan this weekend and keep the season going a little while longer!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Last post to the Michigan thread:

"One of the most disappointing series in recent memory. Two wins against a lesser team and we finish in 2nd with home ice the first 2 rounds. Instead we just gave away 2 games to finish in 6th. Sloppy play by the team and terrible goalie play both nights. What a disappointing season."

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Bear in mind they're from Arizona, and "ice hockey" is kind of new thing.

Somewhere a few pages back I stated that I thought the Gophers were showing improvement in their overall play, for which I took some criticism. But I think it's now safe to say that the "improved play" trend has continued. But Arizona - minus Johnny Walker - was a big disappointment, to me at least. I expected more talent, better teamwork, better goaltending, more grit....but all we got was the grit, and dirty grit at that.

It would be super fun for the Gophers to take out Michigan this weekend and keep the season going a little while longer!
        They are rather unfamiliar with that there Yankee Water (ice).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Yes he's a flight risk - I put it at 50/50.

What you're failing to recognize is where he would fit in the pecking order were he to leave how that might dissuade him from leaving.
          Pitlick is trending up as a top three prospect for the Predators. Nashville has some cap issues and RFAs, so things could change quickly this summer for Pitlick to make the move.

Comment

Goonery update: The knee-on-knee stunt by Croston of the Arizona Sun Goons basically ended Nathan Burke's season who is out for 6 weeks. Burke's loss breaks up the Freshman line with Norman as a possible replacement for Friday vs Mich.

Meanwhile, the WCHA which is responsible to adjudicate disciplinary action against this goon squad, added one more game to Jacob Wilson's flying contact hit to the head penalty on Sampo Ranta which resulted in a beautiful row of stitches. The two game suspension means Wilson will not play again unless ASU reaches the FF. The weird twist to the story is Wilson and Ranta are former teammates with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL.

Ranta Hit

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              Goonery update: The knee-on-knee stunt by Croston of the Arizona Sun Goons basically ended Nathan Burke's season who is out for 6 weeks. Burke's loss breaks up the Freshman line with Norman as a possible replacement for Friday vs Mich.

Meanwhile, the WCHA which is responsible to adjudicate disciplinary action against this goon squad, added one more game to Jacob Wilson's flying contact hit to the head penalty on Sampo Ranta which resulted in a beautiful row of stitches. The two game suspension means Wilson will not play again unless ASU reaches the FF. The weird twist to the story is Wilson and Ranta are former teammates with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL.

Ranta Hit

If that collection of crap asks for another series I hope Bob tells them to pound sand.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                If that collection of crap asks for another series I hope Bob tells them to pound sand.
                Agreed. Definitely not worth it. Hope they never find a conference and go belly up. Won't happen, but I'd be fine with it.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Agreed. Definitely not worth it. Hope they never find a conference and go belly up. Won't happen, but I'd be fine with it.
                  That's a bit much...
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    That's a bit much...
                    I was a proponent of "Hey we swept them, good OOC team, let's keep that going!" I am now rethinking that. I have no love for the ASWhioux.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Why isn't Croston suspended? Dirty knee on knee that ends a player's season?

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        That's a bit much...
                        No one gains anything from a program where the players have third grade fits when they're losing that result in pointless and avoidable injuries. They can go away.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          That's a bit much...
                          It absolutely isn’t. You didn’t see the series.

These were malicious hits with intent to injure. And that doesn’t happen the first time you ever play a program unless that program is a cancer.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            It absolutely isn’t. You didn’t see the series.

These were malicious hits with intent to injure. And that doesn’t happen the first time you ever play a program unless that program is a cancer.
                            I did see the series.. And wishing death on an entire program is just wrong.
                            They were frustrated.. First games on the big sheet... Without their best player and their coach saying before the series they can't outskill anyone...
                            Went too far sure... But to wish the program dead? Give me a break.
                            We played them a couple years ago... No issues... So maybe its you guys.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              I did see the series.. And wishing death on an entire program is just wrong.
                              They were frustrated.. First games on the big sheet... Without their best player and their coach saying before the series they can't outskill anyone...
                              Went too far sure... But to wish the program dead? Give me a break.
                              We played them a couple years ago... No issues... So maybe its you guys.
                              Your request for a break is denied. I'll go ahead and have my opinion. Screw em.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen. I don't think he'll be signing any agreement with these clowns until they clean up their act. Motzko was piissed.

Comment

Working...
                                X