Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Luck of the Irish strikes again! I sure didn't see any penalty.
    Didn't I hear once McInchak and Pochmara are both Catholic?

Comment

Feel for you guys. Maybe the worst call I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        I am so F**ck--g p***ed. The first goal, ND player clearly moved his hand to connect with the puck. That is not what the intent of the rule is. Now Sheehy lifts a guys stick in OT and it is a penalty!!!!!!!!! This season seemed to be getting less frustrating towards the end, but to end it based on the calls of the Refs is a Sh*tty way to end it. If they had both been legit goals and a legit penalty, I would be fine with it. Not sure which season ending of the last two is more frustrating: players crap the bed in the last four games, or get crapped on by the refs?
        I didn't see anything wrong with first ND goal. Nothing conclusive. But that penalty call in OT...atrocious. Ref is gonna be sick to his stomach when he sees that again.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I didn't see anything wrong with first ND goal. Nothing conclusive. But that penalty call in OT...atrocious. Ref is gonna be sick to his stomach when he sees that again.
          If that were the case then he'd be so sick from a career of bad calls he'd be in I.C.U.

Comment

tBob called out the refs hardcore in the post-game. He'll probably get fined, but I don't think he cares. And he's justified in the criticism.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Horrible call, yes, but the Gophers just dug themselves too deep of a hole to realistically have a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Given their overall team talent level and poor start to the season they needed lots of puck bounces and a healthy dose of luck to win "x" number of games in a row to avoid having their season come to an end. Sad to say, their poor odds finally caught up to them tonight. All it took was that final horrible call.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Horrible call, yes, but the Gophers just dug themselves too deep of a hole to realistically have a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Given their overall team talent level and poor start to the season they needed lots of puck bounces and a healthy dose of luck to win "x" number of games in a row to avoid having their season come to an end. Sad to say, their poor odds finally caught up to them tonight. All it took was that final horrible call.
                We're just mad about this game. We knew the bad odds given the earlier results of the season. To snatch that long shot away from us...ugh.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  We're just mad about this game. We knew the bad odds given the earlier results of the season. To snatch that long shot away from us...ugh.
                  I know, I feel terrible, and I'm just a fan.

Comment

I know, I feel terrible, and I'm just a fan.
                    I'm just a fan, too. My initial reaction to all of this....the ACLU wouldn't dare defend me.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Not true. The Gophers did not dig themselves a whole too deep to make the tournament. The Big Ten is not great and they would have just needed to win one more game.

Go anywhere in the tournament if they got there? Doubtful but that's why they play the games.

Comment

But the result was taken out of their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          But the result was taken out of their hands.
                          This.

Comment

Well I suppose you can spin it any way you want, but the sad fact is that this year's Gophers' squad put themselves into an extremely untenable position of making the NCAA Tourney, where at the end everything had to fall their way if they were to make it. Given the parity of today's hockey landscape, the odds were not in their favor. I am more optimistic about next year, provided Robson stays for his senior season.
                            Last edited by D2D; 03-16-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

He's not staying.

Comment

Well I suppose you can spin it any way you want, but the sad fact is that this year's Gophers' squad put themselves into an extremely untenable position of making the NCAA Tourney, where at the end everything had to fall their way if they were to make it. Given the parity of today's hockey landscape, the odds were not in their favor. I am more optimistic about next year, provided Robson stays for his senior season.
                                I personally didn't expect anything. However, the refs took that opportunity away. That's what gets me. We didn't get the chance to (cliche) "shock the world." They shut it down with that BS call.

Comment

Working...
                                X