Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Suddenly less than 24 hours later, LaFontaine is registered. Haha...
    Has there been a reason given why he would transfer for just one more year of eligibility after having to sit out a whole season?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Has there been a reason given why he would transfer for just one more year of eligibility after having to sit out a whole season?
      Not that I know of, but I was just looking around and didn't see him registered until yesterday, which is late given he gave a verbal commit in March I think. And he wasn't on the roster on the Gopher website.

Motzko mentioned he would let the three goalies fight it out in rotation. All three had great seasons last year. I like LaFontaine, a Hurricanes 3rd rounder in 2016 who had a breakout season and learned to use his NHL size and mobility really well with the Vees. He never really hit that level with the Wolverines in his freshman and sophomore seasons.

Last edited by SteveO; 08-20-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

If you'd been a goalie at Michigan in recent years, you might also want to get out.

Comment

LaFontaine's plan all along was to return to Michigan after going back to Juniors. The skunkbears informed him during the 2018-19 season that he was no longer in their plans (perhaps related to landing Portillo). So, he was forced to make alternate plans, and staying in the B1G gives him an opportunity to go on the vengeance/PPW tour.

Comment

Motzko added LaFontaine to the roster yesterday > Article

Comment

I believe he has 2 years left.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I believe he has 2 years left.
                Correct and thanks, I became aware of that after reading the announcement of his addition to the roster in the Strib. Should be great competition to see who ultimately becomes No. 1 in goal.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Team Tria won the John Scott Cup on Wed. in the Da Beauty League. Try drinking champagne out of THAT trophy. Gopher players (left to right): Erik Haula, Justin Kloos, Justin Holl, Coach Ben Clymer, Aaron Ness and Casey Mittelstadt.

View image on Twitter

Erik Haula was voted the 2019 MVP (9-9-18). VGK and particularly Erik Haula fans were saddened by the trade that sent Haula to the Carolina Hurricanes for the upcoming NHL season which starts on Sept. 18. VIDEO The injury that inevitably sent Erik to the Canes > VIDEO

View image on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                    Team Tria won the John Scott Cup on Wed. in the Da Beauty League. Try drinking champagne out of THAT trophy. Gopher players (left to right): Erik Haula, Justin Kloos, Justin Holl, Coach Ben Clymer, Aaron Ness and Casey Mittelstadt.

View image on Twitter

Erik Haula was voted the 2019 MVP (9-9-18). VGK and particularly Erik Haula fans were saddened by the trade that sent Haula to the Carolina Hurricanes for the upcoming NHL season which starts on Sept. 18. VIDEO The injury that inevitably sent Erik to the Canes > VIDEO

View image on Twitter
                    Long time with no posts, considering season is finally approaching. (Will this message echo in here?) Anyone going to Duluth?

Comment

I am
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

There's a thread for the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Long time with no posts, considering season is finally approaching. (Will this message echo in here?) Anyone going to Duluth?
                          Doing all three WCHA trips this year. Also traded in season tickets for the Premium aka WCHA aka games people want to go to package. So my ticket schedule so far is:
                          @CC x2
                          UMD/@UMD
                          uw x2
                          UND x2
                          BSU/(SCSU or MNSU)
                          @uw x2

Definitely excited

Comment

Working...
                          X