X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Bless your heart.
    Who am I kidding Edina should always be the number one seed regardless of how anybody else has done during the year. The community has won 13 state boys championships, and they still want Giles fired for not winning more. They really had no business not winning back to back championships the last two years with all their talent. It's really inexcusable to be honest. Even though EHA has brought home 71 state titles the most in the state and have been runner-up 47 times also most in the state they want all the coaches who lost 47 times to step down. Like the Edina people say we only hang championships we wouldn't have any room for the second, third, fifth place finishes. Win or go bust.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      Who am I kidding Edina should always be the number one seed regardless of how anybody else has done during the year. The community has won 13 state boys championships, and they still want Giles fired for not winning more. They really had no business not winning back to back championships the last two years with all their talent. It's really inexcusable to be honest. Even though EHA has brought home 71 state titles the most in the state and have been runner-up 47 times also most in the state they want all the coaches who lost 47 times to step down. Like the Edina people say we only hang championships we wouldn't have any room for the second, third, fifth place finishes. Win or go bust.
      Very high expectations!
      https://youtu.be/RvU_Zhe8tpw
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The Vegas Golden Knights Fortress Invitational, set to be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas from Jan. 3-4, 2020, will feature Army West Point, Cornell, Ohio State and Providence.

“We are very excited to host the Vegas Golden Knights Fortress Invitational at T-Mobile Arena,” Golden Knights president Kerry Bubolz said in a statement. “The Fortress Invitational provides our fans an opportunity to see some of the best college hockey players in the country with the unique in-game experience they are accustomed to seeing at VGK home games. We look forward to this tournament becoming a college hockey tradition in Las Vegas for years to come.”
        Not sure how much the VGK are kicking in for this bash, but two-day passes are ONLY $50! I'd love to see the Gophers in this tourney in the future. I don't know if it would ever be possible, but can you imagine a rivalry cohort like MN, Wis, UND and....? (Michigan? or ?) in Vegas all for $50. Too good to be true perhaps, but I'd love to see that happen.

Comment

Tonka handled them just fine and their title was won without K'Andre Miller and Clay Hanus, and last year (undefeated until mid-season then something fell off) without Hanus and Bobby Brink. Perhaps you're trolling so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Tonka handled them just fine and their title was won without K'Andre Miller and Clay Hanus, and last year (undefeated until mid-season then something fell off) without Hanus and Bobby Brink. Perhaps you're trolling so I'll leave it at that.
            The 2017-2018 season Minnetonka and Edina tied for the conference with 6-1 records but Minnetonka won the neutral site rubber match in Dec at Xcel. (Match results 5-2, 2-8 and 5-3.) In both Minnetonka wins they had a 3-2 lead and scored 2 empty nets and 4-3 lead with one empty net. Edina raced off to a huge lead so there was no empty net goals. Both teams were one and two in the state to be honest it was shame they didn't face off in the Final it would have been fun! Congrats, on their first title with the best team they have ever had.

Last year Edina won the conference with a 7-0 record and Minnetonka finished with a 3-2-2. (Match results 2-5, 1-3) This was a mediocre Edina team who won their 13th school title but they had sound defense and goal tending. Next year they return goal tending and 4 signed D1 defensemen. IMO, BSM's with all their Edina kids who didn't make the Hornets are the team to beat next year.

Comment

IMO, BSM's with all their Edina kids who didn't make the Hornets are the team to beat next year.
              If BSM will have what is essentially Edina's JV squad how can they be the team to beat? (And yes I do realize that the Red Knights will be very good).
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The 2017-2018 season Minnetonka and Edina tied for the conference with 6-1 records but Minnetonka won the neutral site rubber match in Dec at Xcel. (Match results 5-2, 2-8 and 5-3.) In both Minnetonka wins they had a 3-2 lead and scored 2 empty nets and 4-3 lead with one empty net. Edina raced off to a huge lead so there was no empty net goals. Both teams were one and two in the state to be honest it was shame they didn't face off in the Final it would have been fun! Congrats, on their first title with the best team they have ever had.

Last year Edina won the conference with a 7-0 record and Minnetonka finished with a 3-2-2. (Match results 2-5, 1-3) This was a mediocre Edina...
                You clearly didn't watch many games and are only looking at online records. They finished 20-2-3 with the #2 SOS but as I said for some reason struggled down the stretch after beating Andover on HDM. They were 19-0-1 after that game. That one of their best players came down with frostbite didn't help, and clearly the loss of Brink hurt.

Likely the best Tonka team was likely the 2010 team (28-2-0) that sadly lost in the final but beat Edina 3 times during the season. The 2008 team had (off memory) 10 future Div I players as did the 2011 team. Both won 24 games. Also last season was not a mediocre Edina team, although Hogg played a bit above his pay grade.

Keep trolling it's fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  If BSM will have what is essentially Edina's JV squad how can they be the team to beat? (And yes I do realize that the Red Knights will be very good).
                  So where does the Jr. Gold team fall in the pecking order?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You clearly didn't watch many games and are only looking at online records. They finished 20-2-3 with the #2 SOS but as I said for some reason struggled down the stretch after beating Andover on HDM. They were 19-0-1 after that game. That one of their best players came down with frostbite didn't help, and clearly the loss of Brink hurt.

Likely the best Tonka team was likely the 2010 team (28-2-0) that sadly lost in the final but beat Edina 3 times during the season. The 2008 team had (off memory) 10 future Div I players as did the 2011 team. Both won 24 games. Also last season was not a mediocre Edina team, although Hogg played a bit above his pay grade.

Keep trolling it's fun.
                    I disagree since the 2008 Tonka team didn't win a championship in my view they can't be the best team ever but surely they were the most talented. There were some special players on that 2008 team.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      BSM's recruited players not from Edina who are really good.

EDIT: More clarity.
                      Last edited by 4four4; 08-10-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        So where does the Jr. Gold team fall in the pecking order?
                        We were talking about Jr. Gold the other night. How does Adam Carlson an Edina Jr. Gold alum who was cut twice at Edina by Giles sign a NHL/AHL contract? Word around the community before cutting goalies Carlson's Jr. Gold coach told Giles and his staff they were cutting the wrong player.

Comment

Speaking of Edina, Da Beauty League is back for the summer at Braemar Arena. It's an interesting mix of NHL, minor league and college players who train for much of the summer in Minnesota. The league which began July 10, runs Mondays and Wednesdays through Aug. 21 and features four-on-four play, no body checking and two 23-minute running-time periods. All penalties result in a live penalty shot with action continuing immediately if the goalie makes the save.

The lineup is like an NHL All-Star Game-MN style, as six teams compete for the John Scott Cup in August. Admission for three games is $10 beginning at 5:30 p.m. and proceeds go to charity.

Quite a few former and present Gophers are playing in the league: Alex Goligoski, Nick Bjugstad, Erik Haula, Brady Skjei, Brent Gates, Nate Schmidt, Nick Leddy, Sammy Walker, Vinni Lettieri, Kyle Rau, Travis Boyd, Ryan Lindgren, Jake Bischoff, Seth Helgeson, Casey Mittelstadt, Justin Kloos, Hudson Fasching, Tyler Nanne, Mike Reilly, Aaron Ness, Ryan Zuhlsdorf, Justin Holl, Ben Brinkman, Clayton Phillips, Tommy Novak, Blake McLaughlin, Jared Moe, Adam Wilcox.

Sammy Walker in his first appearance in Da Beauty League ranks second in goals/game (6/3) behind Brock Nelson (12/5). Good news if Sammy's goal scoring translates to this coming season!

Da Beauty League
                          Last edited by SteveO; 08-11-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Da Beauty League Jersey auctions:

https://www.32auctions.com/organizat...ns/68342?t=all
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We were talking about Jr. Gold the other night. How does Adam Carlson an Edina Jr. Gold alum who was cut twice at Edina by Giles sign a NHL/AHL contract? Word around the community before cutting goalies Carlson's Jr. Gold coach told Giles and his staff they were cutting the wrong player.
                              Speaking of Adam Carlson, Tom Chorske had him on his podcast the other day. Great interview for those curious to know Adam's backstory and hear about his journey:
                              https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000446282260

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Guentzel/$400, Boeser/$333.33 and Haula/$300?? I wonder who sets these prices? There goes the resale profit margin.

Comment

Working...
                                X