Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Continue. This should be fun.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

This is hilarious.

Comment

Shoulda kept Lucia, Bob didn’t win a natty at SCSU

Comment

Sure didn’t. He’s all yours now.

Comment

Pretty sure Red doesn't get the cut of our jib.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Oh, I do 100%

Comment

Good lord, let him bring in a recruiting class or two of his and you’ll be just fine. In the B1G anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                Good lord, let him bring in a recruiting class or two of his and you’ll be just fine. In the B1G anyway.
                No, he's worthless, can't get to the F4 this year, fire him!

Comment

Oh exactly. Yet his recruits are looking like they could very well get the #1 overall seed two years in a row. What they do from there, completely another discussion. Let him take a balance of those guys and the divas the U usually gets, and you should be able to roll the B1G on a consistent basis. Probably be the 3rd best team in Minnesota but that will be a step up from where they are now.

Comment

ok - well since the mods closed the real U of M Gopher hockey thread I'll continue pontificating in the thread -

We were discussing in the other threat why the players are not responding to Coach Motzko -

Has anyone forwarded the theory that perhaps the players are rebelling because they wanted Guentzel?

it was very enjoyable to watch SCSU after the Gophers game last night -- SCSU - very entertaining, skilled hockey - hopefully this is what the Gophs will resemble again in a few seasons --

One thing I noticed in the SCSU/CC game - not as much checking as I expected -- possibly just because it was on the olympic ice and it was two speed teams -- but then again, maybe tight checking has left the college game --

The one thing the Gophers are good at is losing track of their defensive assignments and an opposing skater floating free near the scrum infront of Robeson -- and giving up easy goals --

I would also like to say that just because your from Finland and you are abnormally large, does not make you a good player --

This Ranta guys is as slow as a moose, can't handle the puck, doesn't do anything for this team -- I don't think he'll be asked back to the team next year -- does that ever happen in college hockey? A player being cut?

Comment

Lol
                      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by directmagna View Post
                        The one thing the Gophers are good at is losing track of their defensive assignments and an opposing skater floating free near the scrum infront of Robeson -- and giving up easy goals --
                        I’ve also noticed in my limited experiences watching the Gophers that it’s their defense that blows my mind. Those guys lose puck battles and let guys skate right around them as if their skate blades are riddled with burrs and they’re just trying to not fall flat on their face. Simply going through the motions of showing up to the game and hopping on
                        the ice, but that’s where their obligations end
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          No, he's worthless, can't get to the F4 this year, fire him!

Since I can't reply to your point about Lucia's message going stale in the other thread, I will here. To me, 'coaches message going stale' means players are no longer listening because the coach has been around too long. I am guessing this is what you are implying. First, I assume this is 100% speculation on your part? You've said it multiple times. I understand that speculation is what we often do online, but typically when we hear this in the NHL it is because reporters are actually hearing this from disgruntled players (ie. there is some evidence it is true). I just don't know how likely this is a situation in college hockey, where players are typically only playing 3 years on average. In the NHL players might be under the same coach 6 or more years and play over twice the games in each longer season. I could maybe buy that Lucia lost some of his fire for coaching and wasn't paying attention to details as much in the last few years, but have trouble buying the 'stale message' argument when you are dealing with a league with constant turnover of players. We won't know. Or, the decline might be more about some of the reasons I listed.

Comment

This is funny.

Maybe it’s just possible that the other teams from the state of hockey have passed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Since I can't reply to your point about Lucia's message going stale in the other thread, I will here. To me, 'coaches message going stale' means players are no longer listening because the coach has been around too long. I am guessing this is what you are implying. First, I assume this is 100% speculation on your part? You've said it multiple times. I understand that speculation is what we often do online, but typically when we hear this in the NHL it is because reporters are actually hearing this from disgruntled players (ie. there is some evidence it is true). I just don't know how likely this is a situation in college hockey, where players are typically only playing 3 years on average. In the NHL players might be under the same coach 6 or more years and play over twice the games in each longer season. I could maybe buy that Lucia lost some of his fire for coaching and wasn't paying attention to details as much in the last few years, but have trouble buying the 'stale message' argument when you are dealing with a league with constant turnover of players. We won't know. Or, the decline might be more about some of the reasons I listed.
                              When recruiting, you pull out all the bells and whistles, etc. So, in college, expectations might be different than reality. Add to it, some players just don't live up to expectations, and the team suffers for it, so that adds to it as well. If a coach can't/won't adapt to what he has...

And magna: threads automatically close after 1000 posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X