How bad of a coach is Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad of a coach is Mike Eaves?

How is it that a coach that could win a D1 and WJC title has such a terrible record with St Olaf in a weak conference? Shouldn't you be showing some progress by the 3rd year?
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Re: How bad of a coach is Mike Eaves?

Is he getting the institutional support to recruit the talent he needs? He can have the coaching chops to get more wins than Scotty Bowman but if St. Olaf can't or won't put the financial aid packages to get enough of the right talent it's for naught.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Is he getting the institutional support to recruit the talent he needs? He can have the coaching chops to get more wins than Scotty Bowman but if St. Olaf can't or won't put the financial aid packages to get enough of the right talent it's for naught.
      He had one of the highest budgets at Wisconsin and that didn't help him not be terrible at the end there.
      I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Eaves has a brand new arena, great live stream coverage and a motivated athletic department. I think it is just a matter of time until he starts to successfully recruit the right kind of player and the Ole’s start winning. St. Olaf offers great academics and it’s not easy to get in to the school so not every guy playing Jr’s can get in to the school.

Comment

Originally posted by oldauggie View Post
          Eaves has a brand new arena, great live stream coverage and a motivated athletic department. I think it is just a matter of time until he starts to successfully recruit the right kind of player and the Ole’s start winning. St. Olaf offers great academics and it’s not easy to get in to the school so not every guy playing Jr’s can get in to the school.
          He has had two full recruiting years and has yet to get one kid from a Junior A program. You can't tell me all the smart kids are hiding in the NA3HL or going to only every other school in D3.
          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
            He has had two full recruiting years and has yet to get one kid from a Junior A program. You can't tell me all the smart kids are hiding in the NA3HL or going to only every other school in D3.
            I think when he can show off the new arena to his recruits we will see improvement. This was the first year and it opened mid year to boot. Northfield is not a hockey hotbed like other parts of MN but I think he can do it. I saw them at Augsburg this year and they looked to be well coached but just not the same level player on the ice. Who knows as I have no insider information, just speculating.

Comment

Working...
            X