Miami Redhawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami Redhawks

Pokes head into the Miami thread...agrees with everything Dan is saying about recruiting...sees it has turned into another OSU/Miami hatefest...goes back to being silent on the forum and making my weekly picks.
    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Hit a nerve did we Dan?
      You can rant and claim you "punked" us even though it's only in your mind. At best you can claim equality to OSU as you have no national title in hockey either but I see us getting there before you do. I have more insight to both programs than you could know and I'm a Miami parent and don't have any issue with the school itself. My issue was solely how when your program was riding high was how arrogant and insufferable many of your fans became. They've become pretty much invisible here on forum now that your "greatness" has faded away and that amuses me. And I'll give Steve Cady your regards next time I talk to him.
      If any outsiders want to understand why OSU and Bowling Green fans can get along so well here yet neither has any use for Miami fans, this thread is a great place to look. It's also a great tool to understand how a school that had just tasted a little bit of success in the sport--and despite not actually having won a title--could declare itself the sport's dynasty.

If we win the title this year, I really can't fathom Ohio State fans acting like that. From the Pooley brothers to the first Frozen Four to the Umberger/Steckell class, we've seen the promise of becoming a national player in hockey dissolve in a heartbeat. We know from experience that it can end quickly, so while I'll savor every second of it, I won't take anything for granted much less claim we're the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
        If any outsiders want to understand why OSU and Bowling Green fans can get along so well here yet neither has any use for Miami fans, this thread is a great place to look. It's also a great tool to understand how a school that had just tasted a little bit of success in the sport--and despite not actually having won a title--could declare itself the sport's dynasty.

If we win the title this year, I really can't fathom Ohio State fans acting like that. From the Pooley brothers to the first Frozen Four to the Umberger/Steckell class, we've seen the promise of becoming a national player in hockey dissolve in a heartbeat. We know from experience that it can end quickly, so while I'll savor every second of it, I won't take anything for granted much less claim we're the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey.
        I humbly and graciously admit Miami has a lot going for it. First and foremost, they aren't Toledo...

Comment

I don't think Miami is down for good but you are at that juncture where you need a coaching change to get back on the upswing and Miami painted themselves into a corner with Enrico's contract. Also with OSU's hockey program being the current dominate one in the state we will be attracting the best in state talent now instead of Miami. It's nothing against Miami but it's just the way things work when you're on top.

Comment

Your behaving like that RIGHT now. Don't come back in here and pretend to be a victim when you started this whole thing - I had the audacity to disagree 100% respectfully with your first post, express pride in my University and highlight the ways in which I thought its hockey program could be revived and you responded with a temper tantrum full of stereotypes and name calling to kick this all off. And now you're in here begging for sympathy. All the outsiders can read this thread and see for themselves, so I don't know who you think you're fooling. I guess yourself...

I'm not sure what issues you and HockeyBuckeye (who I always thought was genuine, maybe I was wrong) had with Miami posters in the past - but it took you two and a half years of regular season success (and two recruiting classes) to start behaving exactly like you say they did. At least it took Miami fans 15+ years. Although, the way you both gleefully waltzed in here looking for a fight at the first mention of Miami on this board years, its hard to take seriously this notion that you've ever been any sort of victim. More than likely, you can dish it out but can take it - and simply never had any real ammunition in the fight. Either way, I guess you've both lost your faux moral authority to Miami now, too...

We could have had any sort of conversation you wanted, and you made your choice clear as day.

---

As for OSU winning over top-Ohio recruits, now that they're winning, I think they have some fences to mend first...

https://theathletic.com/95646/2017/0...hockey-talent/
            Last edited by Dan; 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Its clear this thread has devolved into a thread of hopeful rivals, attempting to reassure themselves that Miami is down for good. This thread can die on the vine as far as I'm concerned and they can take that line of discussion back to their Ohio State thread (where despite their ardent claims of Miami insignificance - its a surprisingly common topic of conversation)...

---

My apologies to the original poster - and anyone else who wanted real answers - for taking the bait. Suffice it to say, Miami has shot themselves in the foot with poor recruiting decisions (as well as a few mismanaged roster decisions - ie. Hamilton & Meyer). Much to the chagrin of many, however, the athletic department is not as content and hamstrung as they'd have you believe. They forced Blasi to fire his assistants last year, and made clear to him that either he will turn the program around in short order or they will make a change to someone they believe can do the job. Whether that turns out, time will tell...

It won't happen next year, but they've been pretty aggressive in future recruiting with A LOT of commitments (including at least a '99, an '02 and two '03s from Minnesota - and what appear to be pretty good classes starting in the fall of 2020...
              Last edited by Dan; 02-11-2019, 12:39 PM.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Your behaving like that RIGHT now. Don't come back in here and pretend to be a victim when you started this whole thing - I had the audacity to disagree 100% respectfully with your first post, express pride in my University and highlight the ways in which I thought its hockey program could be revived and you responded with a temper tantrum full of stereotypes and name calling to kick this all off. And now you're in here begging for sympathy. All the outsiders can read this thread and see for themselves, so I don't know who you think you're fooling. I guess yourself...

I'm not sure what issues you and HockeyBuckeye (who I always thought was genuine, maybe I was wrong) had with Miami posters in the past - but it took you two and a half years of regular season success (and two recruiting classes) to start behaving exactly like you say they did. At least it took Miami fans 15+ years. Although, the way you both gleefully waltzed in here looking for a fight at the first mention of Miami on this board years, its hard to take seriously this notion that you've ever been any sort of victim. More than likely, you can dish it out but can take it - and simply never had any real ammunition in the fight. Either way, I guess you've both lost your faux moral authority to Miami now, too...

We could have had any sort of conversation you wanted, and you made your choice clear as day.

---

As for OSU winning over top-Ohio recruits, now that they're winning, I think they have some fences to mend first...

https://theathletic.com/95646/2017/0...hockey-talent/
                "You're"

Comment

"You're"
                  Four for five in proper use of Your/You're in the post. Darn, I do like to be perfect. I guess typos happen to everyone, even Miami grads...

Sick burn, though. Grammar is a good last resort when you have nothing informed or clever to offer!
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Four for five in proper use of Your/You're in the post. Darn, I do like to be perfect. I guess typos happen to everyone, even Miami grads...

Sick burn, though. Grammar is a good last resort when you have nothing informed or clever to offer!
                    Live by the spell check, die by the spell check. LOL!

Comment

BTW, sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

Comment

BTW, sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
                        Same - I shouldn't have responded to you with what I really wanted to say to the other guy. Aside from his behavior in this thread, I've never taken issue with Ohio State hockey or any of your fans on this site. And I wont hold his actions against any other OSU fans, either. Ive lurked in your threads and enjoyed the perspective. I've followed Jobst closely because there is a UNH fan here who knows his family - and was adamant they should recruit him and incredulous they never did - and I regret what Meyer went through at Miami.

I've never felt that Miami's success depended on OSU's failure. I think the state is big enough for two successful hockey teams in two different conferences.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

It was late and I didn't realize Eddie tugged your rope first. The ONLY issue I ever had with Miami hockey is the behavior of a large number of Miami fans when playing in our barn. I was offended by their conduct as I never acted like that in your arena and it seemed to become a regular thing. All hockey fans everywhere should always remember that when away you're a guest and act like it. Despite some of my bluntness posting here I live by that philosophy at the games.
                          I even behave at Michigan! LOL!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-11-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

It was late and I didn't realize Eddie tugged your rope first. The ONLY issue I ever had with Miami hockey is the behavior of a large number of Miami fans when playing in our barn. I was offended by their conduct as I never acted like that in your arena and it seemed to become a regular thing. All hockey fans everywhere should always remember that when away you're a guest and act like it. Despite some of my bluntness posting here I live by that philosophy at the games.
                            I even behave at Michigan! LOL!
                            As a Miami fan who attended most of those games in Columbus when our two programs were still playing (and I lived in Ohio), what exactly were the Miami fans doing that upset you so much? This is a genuine question and something I have always wondered since it seems to pop up from time to time when I am lurking on the forum.
                            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Miami (tied with Notre Dame) leads the country with five recruits invited to the US NTDP Tryouts, including a pair of (gasp) top Minnesota natives...

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1003409
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Just checking back in three years down the road. Looks like not much has changed in the fortunes of one Miami State.

They not only made the coaching change but ended up with their first choice. Perhaps it wasn't the coach but simply a long time mediocre program sliding back to its norm.

Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 01-23-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X