Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Just have to hope that the "Puppies don't crap in the barn."
    It's puppies crapping on the carpet and putting hay in the barn.

And there's been plenty of crapping in 2019. That article is really interesting and concerning!

Sad Panda

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    It's puppies crapping on the carpet and putting hay in the barn.

And there's been plenty of crapping in 2019. That article is really interesting and concerning!
    I was intentionally conflating them just to annoy people. I'm good like that.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Is it time to initiate the UW football program system and **** the 4*and 5* athletes for 3* boys who aren't "entitled" and see how they perform?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Is it time to initiate the UW football program system and **** the 4*and 5* athletes for 3* boys who aren't "entitled" and see how they perform?
    Wasn't that MM's plan at the end?

I see those replica practice jerseys went for over $1000, good for then but bad for me, way out of my price range.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    I'm hopeful for the future. I think "turning around the ship" takes time.
    I was kidding, I am stoked about the future as you can see by my drooling over in the recruiting thread. That article does concern me a bit though. Maybe a 30% pp, 88% pk, 6 sh goals and single digit losses for the season is a little too optimistic. If you don't have hope, you don't have anything.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think that was the Eaves plan following all the 2010 departures. They couldn't just go out and completely reload as they used to do because the superstars they needed had begun committing 3 or 4 years earlier instead of one by then. So instead of five blue chippers every year they thought they could mix in a couple here and there with some older lunchpail guys to smooth things out, which is really what the formula for success has become more like, so he wasn't wrong really. Just the execution went all wrong. The class imbalance made it hard, and then a series of decommits from the limited number of superstars they then had, who maybe decided they didn't want to play with lunchpail guys when they could jump to another loaded team.

Looking back it's possible it could have gone differently. If everybody just did what they said they were going to do, in 14-15 instead of a slew of puppies, they might have had Nick and Jordan Schmaltz and Christian Dvorak, which then gives Kerdiles the reason he needed to come back, plus it probably pushes some guys like Tyler Barnes or Jeff Dahl back a year. And then those guys go with Besse and Labate, and Rumpel in net, and instead of a 4 win team, you have another Frozen Four type team. Which probably Brock Boeser doesn't decommit from for the next year, nor Opilka, and so on.

But it didn't go that way at all of course, so Tony is in and is going after all the blue chippers he can dig up. I'm confident there are many more top players beyond next year in the pipeline, but it does remain to be seen whether a bunch of 18-19 year old superstars can beat a bunch of 23-25 year old, fully developed players, on a consistent basis. And how they will go about mixing in more lunchpail guys beyond this year's freshman class, and what success they will have in finding and developing those 4 year guys in the future alongside the superstars.

Right now though, the next few years look really bright.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Right now though, the next few years look really bright.
    I will believe it when I see the wins. Sure there will be higher end talent and yes they should win more next year.

I thought that this year and last year and it didn't / hasn't happened.

I will believe it when I see the wins. Sure there will be higher end talent and yes they should win more next year.

I thought that this year and last year and it didn't / hasn't happened.
    I agree. So they donít have talent and donít coach up like Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan. Then, we have great talent but they left. I mean weíre saying freshman cannot lead or win a title? Ha!
    From day 1 the Burish class led Wisconsin. From day 1 Paul Kariya led Maine. If Wisconsin wasnít a 1 line team with Heatley theyíd Have one a title when he was a freshman.

And the fab five and on and on. Thereís always some excuse with Wisconsin Hockey since 1994.

Winning isnít everything, itís the only thing. Pretty sure some famous guy said that.

Eaves changed recruiting after 06 and 10. The results on ice depicted how terrible a decision he made. You donít Win titles without thoroughbreds.

Not really, Timbo. Other than a few, he just couldn't land the big boys. He was trying for the 5*.

Anyway, it's time for the puppies to crap in the barn and lay some hay on the carpet. If you look at the whole enchilada, that’s a big gorilla to eat, and you got to start with the first bite.

Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-14-2019 at 12:33 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

Not really, Timbo. Other than a few, he just couldn't land the big boys. He was trying for the 5*.

Anyway, it's time for the puppies to crap in the barn and lay some hay on the carpet. If you look at the whole enchilada, thatís a big gorilla to eat, and you got to start with the first bite.

I thought he said at one point the the early departures were a problem and he was angling towards more 4 year guys, like the post OZ period.

I thought he said at one point the the early departures were a problem and he was angling towards more 4 year guys, like the post OZ period.
    I think the recruiting went down for MM with the assistants he hired after Oz left. Those assistants left a lot to be desired. Some were downright terrible (not their fault for being in over their head - that was on MM). It's why I wanted Miller, or another great recruiter type when Donnie left.

GAME DAY. I can see everyone's fired up with all the posts......crickets......

Sad Panda

GAME DAY. I can see everyone's fired up with all the posts......crickets......
    There was much rejoicing....

At least the game is on TV thanks to Neutered Dame. NBC is so far up that school's *** it's funny. I wonder who in the Neutered Dame athletic department has compromising pictures of some NBC suits?

Let's sweep 'em on NBCsn and punk 'em in their own crib.

I had a hint of a cold yesterday and woke up today feeling like I got hit by a Sidewinder Missile. I rarely drink anything at home, but tonight I'm opening up a bottle of Coquard Reserve Brandy I bought in December, warming it up, and putting in a little honey and lemon juice. Sipping my way to sleep.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-15-2019 at 11:56 AM.

I had a hint of a cold yesterday and woke up today feeling like I got hit by a Sidewinder Missile. I rarely drink anything at home, but tonight I'm opening up a bottle of Coquard Reserve Brandy I bought in December, warming it up, and putting in a little honey and lemon juice. Sipping my way to sleep.
    badgers vs ND? You won't need the booze to fall asleep, especially if they get up 1-0.

Let's go RED!

At some point the PP has to come to life, a bunch of blind one armed monkeys couldn't have a pp this bad for this long. It will wake up like the PK has. Let's go RED! It's HAMMER time (what a witty tread title).

I blame the hiring of Butters. Dirty Gopher plant!

Sad Panda

A powerplay goal! It's a miracle!!!

Sad Panda

Shocked that it's only a tie game. Lebedeff stood on his head in that first period. So many bad turnovers and situations where players put themselves out of position.

And the goal allowed is another not covering guys around the net after Lebby made the first save.

Thread Information