Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Was it ever publicly disclosed the violations that lead to the vacating of our 1992 appearance? I’d seen posts on other forums saying that Derksen and MacDonald were paying cheap rent to live with boosters, but I have no idea how true that is.
    I always thought it was the aftermath of the loss that caused it.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      I always thought it was the aftermath of the loss that caused it.
      I can find articles talking about suspensions from future NCAA games for Sauer, Zent, et al because of how poorly they all handled themselves during That Game. But none of those mention vacating the appearance.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I can find articles talking about suspensions from future NCAA games for Sauer, Zent, et al because of how poorly they all handled themselves during That Game. But none of those mention vacating the appearance.
        I think it had to do with the fact Sauer couldn’t control his players and after the game several of them confronted the refs in the hallways out of view of the cameras. It must have been very ugly.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Sauer, Blaine Moore, and Jason Zent all received NCAA tournament single game suspensions. Bill Zito who was in law school and serving as a graduate assistant was banned for two years from the tournament for his role in the post game discussions with the ref. Zito of course would go on to form his own very successful NHL sports agency. He did so well for his players that Columbus eventually hired him as an assistant GM, probably just so they didn't have to argue with him anymore. UW also forfeited the $50k they were due for participation in the title game.

However, I'm pretty sure that the "vacating" had nothing to do with That Game, and was in response to a different violation. Most likely the Derksen/MacDonald rent thing. That same year Lowell was barred for 2 years for a whole slew of similar low rent benefits. The NCAA just caught on to the ploy and handed out penalties.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I used to have Blaine Moore and Jason Zent
            signed freaking programs tacked on my wall as a kid. I dont care what they did we need more of them.

We need some swagger and some attitude in this program.

Edit: and Kelly Fairchild, The Dirk, both Strobels in the same picture, Barry Richter, Rafalski, Maco Balcovek. These guys were ballers. On my wall bc we knew they were ****in good.

This is the tude that needs to come back. I dont remember watching them individually play, but I remember that they won.
            Last edited by druzy192; 04-04-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              I used to have Blaine Moore and Jason Zent
              Signed freaking programs on my wall as a kid. I dont care what they did we need more of them.
              Hell yeah! Loved those players!

Dersken was great, so cocky and backed it up.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Hell yeah! Loved those players!

Dersken was great, so cocky and backed it up.
                I remember a game when Blaine Moore got a hat trick. There were only a few fedoras tossed and mine was one. I knew a screen printer who made a cap made for him; "Hatless Hat Trick" and had MCR Jr give it to him at Skate with the Badgers. I wonder if he remembers that and still has it?

If I recall, Kelly Fairchild was one of the fastest skaters ever at Wisconsin. Looking at Kelly's stats, his final pro year (2009) he played in the Asia League with the Nippon Paper Cranes.. That is ****ing awesome.
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-05-2019, 01:25 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  However, I'm pretty sure that the "vacating" had nothing to do with That Game, and was in response to a different violation. Most likely the Derksen/MacDonald rent thing. That same year Lowell was barred for 2 years for a whole slew of similar low rent benefits. The NCAA just caught on to the ploy and handed out penalties.
                  I assume had they won they would have had to vacate the title, eh? I don't recall Sauer getting in any trouble for the rent thing, did he?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Both the GB Gamblers and Madison Capitols will welcome former Gambler and Badger AJ Degenhardt this weekend for MS nights

From the Gamblers:

Green Bay (April 9, 2019) – The Green Bay Gamblers and Madison Capitols are teaming up this weekend to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis. A portion of ticket proceeds from the Gamblers home game on Friday will be donated to MS Society. The game is presented by Marco.

Former Gamblers and Wisconsin Badgers player AJ Degenhardt will be at the game on Friday, April 12, 7:05 p.m. Degenhardt was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2011. MS is a disease of the central nervous system in which the body’s immune system eats away at the protective covering of nerves.

“It’s been a struggle to cope with, especially early on,” said Degenhardt. “I am very thankful for the support I’ve received from family, friends, and the organizations I’ve been a part of my entire life. Their support keeps me positive every day in this fight.”

Fans also have the chance to take part in an online auction to raise funds for Degenhardt and the MS Society. Items include:

• San Jose Sharks team-signed jersey on behalf of Joe Pavelski, including autographs from Pavelski, Joe Thorton, Erik Karlsson, and Brent Burns

• Philadelphia Flyers team-signed jersey on behalf of Brian Elliott with signatures from Elliott, Sean Couturier, Claude Giroux, and Ryan Hartman (USNTDP ’10-’12)

• Chicago Blackhawks 2019-20 ticket package on behalf of Adam Burish

• University of Wisconsin – Madison 2018-19 team-signed jersey, 2018-19 team-signed stick, and 2019-20 “Evening At A Game” ticket package on behalf of Tony Granato

Auction will go “Live” on Wednesday.
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Awesome
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Story on AJ’s visit to GB

https://fox11online.com/sports/hocke...-former-player
                        ---

Comment

Per Todd Milewski, UW is bidding for NCAA hockey regionals. He stated 2 strikes against Kohl Center; On-campus facility and a large ice surface (200 X 97). NCAA wants 200 X 85 NHL dimensions.

For ONCE I agree with the NCAA, at least on one point. All college ice should be NHL dimensions.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...11652163796992
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Per Todd Milewski, UW is bidding for NCAA hockey regionals. He stated 2 strikes against Kohl Center; On-campus facility and a large ice surface (200 X 97). NCAA wants 200 X 85 NHL dimensions.

For ONCE I agree with the NCAA, at least on one point. All college ice should be NHL dimensions.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...11652163796992
                            The Resch is 200 x 85... and a neutral site... and not 15,000 seats... and had crappy attendance the last time it hosted regionals with no close teams in it... But the seats are red!!!
                            Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 04-17-2019, 06:34 PM.
                            ---

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                              The Resch is 200 x 85... and a neutral site... and not 15,000 seats... and had crappy attendance the last time it hosted regionals with no close teams in it... But the seats are red!!!
                              And it is an excellent barn for watching hockey......
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Tonight I am told Green Bay did not bid.
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X