Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 664

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

  1. #581
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Welcome home. I hope the whole family is in tow. We can hook up for some gal's games for sure as long as you like sitting behind the opposing team's bench.
    We will love that! Daughters are going up with my parents right now and the Mrs will be following in a few weeks.

  2. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Anyone going to mind if I join you for a few games next year? Moving back to Madison on Friday.
    Hey congrats on moving home. I assume this was due to your job issues in Georgia. So hopefully you have found fruitful work.

    I hope to see you at a game!

  3. #583
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    We will love that! Daughters are going up with my parents right now and the Mrs will be following in a few weeks.
    Awesome. If we/you get there early enough we can get the seats by the tunnel behind the opposing team's bench and your daughters can high 5 the players as they go in and out of the tunnel. My daughter loves to do that.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #584
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    646

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hallucination View Post
    Sorry to interrupt basketball incest or whatever is going on here, but is anyone else annoyed at the season ticket reminders and promos with no schedule yet? Last year Big Ten announced 5/22 with the full UW schedule following shortly. Hopefully this is just a paranoid conspiracy theory, but are they trying to get our ticket money before announcing a terrible schedule with more games off of the traditional Friday/Saturday schedule?

    But I do agree, **** the Bruins.
    The home schedule was announced weeks ago, kind of.

    The info packet with my season ticket renewal form included the opponents and dates.

    Someone put it up on the twitter.com



    Exhibition on Sunday to open the season, all Friday/Saturday series. I believe I also read that any playoff games would be at the Kohl, which might account for the Sunday B1G final date.

  5. #585
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Nice to see The Puppies on the non-conference home schedule, but that's it? Clarkson and ASU won't bring in the crowd.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  6. #586
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Nice to see The Puppies on the non-conference home schedule, but that's it? Clarkson and ASU won't bring in the crowd.
    ASU being in February might help attendance for that series, non-hardcore hockey people are in hockey mode by that time.

    Go Blues.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #587
    half-crazy half-insane maniac
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,723

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Thanks! Glad it's not a terrible schedule conspiracy. It's just really weird they didn't put that in their emails, only the paper mailing that I didn't even open.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  8. #588
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Schedule is out. 5 weeks between games from Dec7 to Jan 10. Yikes.




    or find it HERE

  9. #589
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Schedule is out. 5 weeks between games from Dec7 to Jan 10. Yikes.
    The women have a giant gap like that too. Yuck.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  10. #590
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,974

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    I was REALLY hoping they'd get a really good home schedule this year. The good news is that there are 5 series after New Year's compared to 4 before, which is more balanced than last year's front-loaded situation.

    The bad news is that one of those home series is Thanksgiving weekend, and two are during winter break. I'm not sure which weekend will be the de facto Halloween weekend, but hopefully it's November 1-2. That didn't use to be a problem, but it is now that games fully shifted from something you're supposed to follow and care about to something that's just kind of there.

    That's bad luck for a program in desperate need of exposure to potential new fans (i.e. current students) and a more impressive gameday product (and sense of a fan base) for those who do wander in.

    Could be worse, and there's always the Big Ten tournament.

  11. #591
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The women have a giant gap like that too.




    Roady to Vancouver anyone? I hear it's nice in September.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  12. #592
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post




    Roady to Vancouver anyone? I hear it's nice in September.
    Like the women's Frozen Four this year, I'm up for it if someone subsidizes my trip!

  13. #593
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post


    Roady to Vancouver anyone? I hear it's nice in September.
    I am very please that TG openly hates the schedule and the big winter break gap. The B6 coaches need to band together and fix it.

    I think it is interesting that he is playing the international card this season. He knows he may not ever have a roster as talented as this one and he needs to fire all the shells for a big splash this year (as he has advertised to the fans) or things will get more uncomfortable for him.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  14. #594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    I was REALLY hoping they'd get a really good home schedule this year. The good news is that there are 5 series after New Year's compared to 4 before, which is more balanced than last year's front-loaded situation.

    The bad news is that one of those home series is Thanksgiving weekend, and two are during winter break. I'm not sure which weekend will be the de facto Halloween weekend, but hopefully it's November 1-2. That didn't use to be a problem, but it is now that games fully shifted from something you're supposed to follow and care about to something that's just kind of there.

    That's bad luck for a program in desperate need of exposure to potential new fans (i.e. current students) and a more impressive gameday product (and sense of a fan base) for those who do wander in.

    Could be worse, and there's always the Big Ten tournament.
    It looks like the basketball program is on it's way down so that may help hockey getting new fans. At least student section fans. I don't think they need new fans in general. I know at least 10 families myself that used to go to games and will probably (guessing) go again when they are good....like I've always said they are just waiting for a good reason to come out on a Friday or sat night when it's cold and dark.

    Forget worrying about the "schedule"... like it matters all that much. Come on. If the team is good the fans will come. Badger hockey fans ain't dead in Wisconsin... it's the product on the ice that's been dead.

    I root for the bball team btw... Just don't think its gonna work with Gard. Plus hockey is way more fun anyway when the team is good.

    Hockey program doesn't need some gimmick to get people in the stands. Except... maybe the student section for a couple years. Other than that they just gotta win.
    Last edited by druzy192; 06-07-2019 at 06:30 PM.

  15. #595
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    98

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    It's not like all the badger hockey fans died 5 years ago from an aneurism when they saw the big ten was making a hockey conference.

  16. #596
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    It looks like the basketball program is on it's way down so that may help hockey getting new fans. At least student section fans. I don't think they need new fans in general. I know at least 10 families myself that used to go to games and will probably (guessing) go again when they are good....like I've always said they are just waiting for a good reason to come out on a Friday or sat night when it's cold and dark.

    Forget worrying about the "schedule"... like it matters all that much. Come on. If the team is good the fans will come. Badger hockey fans ain't dead in Wisconsin... it's the product on the ice that's been dead.

    I root for the bball team btw... Just don't think its gonna work with Gard. Plus hockey is way more fun anyway when the team is good.

    Hockey program doesn't need some gimmick to get people in the stands. Except... maybe the student section for a couple years. Other than that they just gotta win.
    Gard is a joke just like Soderberg. How the U got duped twice with h coaches retiring mid season to give their assistants a better chance is ludicrous.

  17. #597
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    5,082

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Seamus Malone has signed a pro contract. Wish him the best of luck in his future career!


    Seamus Malone gets a contract for another year in Utica.

    https://twitter.com/UticaComets/stat...91563491467270

    https://www.uticacomets.com/news/det...e-to-ahl-deals
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  18. #598
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    Way to to Seamus! 🇮🇪 One step away.

  19. #599
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Bawstin goes down! DG to the Sabres.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  20. #600
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

    Don new assistant in Buffalo:



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •