Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

This is an absolute embarrassment. They can’t coach the talent they have and they do not instill any discipline.
    Terrible: F-
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Welp, didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the stats it appears the refs earned their money tonight. I also see my favorite defenseman took a five minute major with one second to go in the 2nd? I won't pass judgement because I didn't see it, but it sure sounds like more of the same undisciplined crap. SMH.

Comment

I've got to say there's a lot to like and admire about your program and it's rich history. I wish our administration hadn't ignored our program and it's needs for years and years so we could have had a storied history!

Comment

This crowd tonight PROVES there is still interest in Badger hockey. What an exciting, emotional, exhilarating evening!

Then 7:00 rolled around and put a pile of steaming schitt on the evening. I know a couple weeks ago I said I was done going this year, but I HAD to go tonight; it's history.

Now (like the `18-`19 Badgers) I'm done. My hockey cash is firmly planted in the hands of the Wild & Blackhawks.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-09-2019, 10:09 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Miller hurt could actually help you get another year out of him

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              This crowd tonight PROVES there is still interest in Badger hockey. What an exciting, emotional, exhilarating evening!

Then 7:00 rolled around and put a pile of steaming schitt on the evening. I know a couple weeks ago I said I was done going this year, but I HAD to go tonight; it's history.

Now (like the `18-`19 Badgers) I'm done. My hockey cash is firmly planted in the hands of the Wild & Blackhawks.
              Speaking of two other crappy hockey teams...

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                And DB gets credit for my favorite board post of the year! Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
                  Welp, didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the stats it appears the refs earned their money tonight. I also see my favorite defenseman took a five minute major with one second to go in the 2nd? I won't pass judgement because I didn't see it, but it sure sounds like more of the same undisciplined crap. SMH.
                  It was a penalty as he hit him high but 10.0 on the embellishment as the Ohio State kid folded like he was shot.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    The NHL is fantastic to see in person. Those teams are close to Madison. I go to watch who they play AGAINST! My Avs aren't in my backyard.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Miller hurt could actually help you get another year out of him
                      Or his agent, errrrr I mean family advisor, might say, "Time to leave K', why risk an injury in college?"
                      Just another angle.

Comment

Or his agent, errrrr I mean family advisor, might say, "Time to leave K', why risk an injury in college?"
                        Just another angle.
                        I thought the same thing, but you can get hurt playing in the AHL too.

What is the deal with all 5 players ending up within 25 feet of the board on one side of the rink? It cost them in OT last night and goal # 2 was the same thing tonight. It can't possibly be a strategy to outnumber the opposing team to get possession and totally forsake covering players on the other 3/4 of the rink, can it? I can't believe the backside W and D are that dense that they keep getting sucked too far away from covering the middle of the rink, that's hockey 101. They do it continually, it's easy to see from the 3rd tier. It's just unbelievable. It's also easy to see from the 3rd tier the pk box breaks down so easily. It goes from a box to a kite to 4 water bugs shuttering around uncontrollably.

I admit I teared up when Mark mentioned his Dad tonight and that his number is hanging in the rink with his Dad's name. I wish I was around for the Badger Bob glory years.

On the way home I was pondering who else should have their name in the rafters. It has to be super special and limited to just a few to keep it that way. I thought of Jeff Sauer and possibly Mike Eaves. Besides his UW coaching pedigree, Jeff did so much for the Sled Hockey Team and he also coached the deaf team too I do believe. Eaves won titles as a player (and was a prolific scorer) and coach, but didn't have the international and NHL success MJ did. Maybe there is a pre Dean Anderson goalie that might qualify. Richter was only there 2 years.

I'm not sure about how I feel about advertising incoming recruits on the video board between periods. I don't think it respects the current players, no matter how good they are or who recruited them. It says don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out to the current guys. It seems like a desperation move to show a sold out building what is coming.
                        Last edited by Timothy A; 02-09-2019, 11:43 PM.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'm not sure about how I feel about advertising incoming recruits on the video board between periods. I don't think it respects the current players, no matter how good they are or who recruited them. It says don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out to the current guys. It seems like a desperation move to show a sold out building what is coming.
                          I admit I had similar thoughts when they first showed it last night. And I still somewhat agree. But, since they had a set of next year’s recruits actually there yesterday, and another today, I think they are balancing the new reality of college players jumping from commitments on a whim and trying to over-impress them when they are in the building. I’m guessing they had similar thoughts about how the players would receive it, but figure the pros for the recruits outweighed the cons on the players watching it. I do wish they had run it during intermission rather than a TV timeout, because having the current players watch it on the bench was a bit awkward.

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Agreed! They did that last night and tonight and both recruits looked uncomfortable.

And Tim I agree we week you on the collapsing to low. It's leaving to many great shots and goals for the opponent and leaves the goalies high and dry.
                            Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-10-2019, 12:12 AM.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Warms my heart a bit to see Brian Posick tweeting about #1 UWSP finishing the season undefeated after beating #3 UW-Eau Claire 7-1. Now, if only Wisconsin could get to ruling D1. Disappointing loss in front of a big crowd.

Comment

The NHL is fantastic to see in person. Those teams are close to Madison. I go to watch who they play AGAINST! My Avs aren't in my backyard.
                                Ewwwww. The Avs were much more fun to watch when Patrick Roy was the coach and Minnesota was running them out of the building. Now they're a one line team that is just as bad as Minnesota and Chicago. I will make my way to the X one day when Minnesota is good enough to warrant spending $100+ on a ticket. Probably about 8 years from now after the rebuild and Parise/Suter are retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X