Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    going to need better defense next year to help improve Lebby's 3.42 GAA and .893 Save %, Berry was 3.19, .895
    I know we've been lamenting the defense all year but now that it's over, the thing that stands out to me the most is, I think I count 18 games with 2 or less goals scored. I think half or more of those were ties, OT's, or one goal games at least until the last minutes. They were 13-5-1 if they scored just 3 or more, which is a .710 win %.

When I look at the Finnish Hammer's numbers what stands out is the blowouts suffered to MN (6ga) PSU (7ga) PSU (5ga). Boys didn't show up in front of him in any of those at all. Not to say he was great in any of those, although I thought he was really excellent last Saturday through the first 35-40 shots. He was pretty decent in an 8-5 win over PSU earlier in the year as well. But anyway, take those 18ga in 3 games away and he was pretty serviceable (around 2.75ga) over the rest of his appearances.

I think if we can just score a few more timely goals next year, the boys won't be behind so much and always chasing the game, then they can stick to the structure they've learned, and have quite a bit more success on the defensive end as well. With just the personnel they have we've seen some examples of when they play their game the way they're supposed to, they can really compete with the best teams. Add more talent and scoring and confidence in that scoring ability and we should see them play more downhill and at that high level more often.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

As much as it pains me to say this , I agree with KaMiGo. I don't think he is as "on the refs" as much as MM. I think in interviews TG is more honest about what he thinks. Look at George Gwozdecky. He was one of the most animated yelling at the refs coaches there was and he was successful. I think I remember him getting up on the boards and going on the ice. Unfortunately with this year's team, there was not method for punishment for taking stupid penalties as these guys were all needing to play. Next year that won't be the case. I am willing to bet they take less penalties next year with playing time being a premium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNumTfae7Z0
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwOAbc18NZs

Good stuff there!
      Holy ****! I never saw that before and don't remember Gwoz being that, um spirited, as a player or coach.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Just saw this. Wow. Looks to me like hults targeted Winchester. Very nodak-like. He should have received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
        When I saw the first video, I thought Hults went out of his way, then bumped Winchester. I was trying not to look through cardinal colored glasses.

EDIT: I know it's early in this thread numbers-wise, but we should consider an offseason thread just to throw this season in the dumpster and burn it. If we do, it should be a cumulative effort, not one cowboy with (what he thinks is) a good title.
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-12-2019, 05:29 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          When I saw the first video, I thought Hults went out of his way, then bumped Winchester. I was trying not to look through cardinal colored glasses.

EDIT: I know it's early in this thread numbers-wise, but we should consider an offseason thread just to throw this season in the dumpster and burn it. If we do, it should be a cumulative effort, not one cowboy with (what he thinks is) a good title.
          I am not sure if this is a rip on my terrible thread title (I admittedly have no creativity with stuff like this). But I do agree flush this thread and one of you creative types come up with the "witty" off-season thread.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I agree. The sooner we forget this season the better.

...but...really Wisconsin you can’t score on a 4 on 1? Speaks volumes.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I agree. The sooner we forget this season the better.

...but...really Wisconsin you can’t score on a 4 on 1? Speaks volumes.
              "Wisconsin Offseason 2019-Gearing Up to Shoot Our Way Out"

"Wisconsin 2019-Time to get Offensive"

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

Thumbs up on those 2!
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Thumbs up on those 2!

I agree! The first is my favorite!
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

The first one is meant for the offseason and the second for the regular season.

Comment

The first one is meant for the offseason and the second for the regular season.
                      Being out of work has dulled my mind. My bad!
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Love em’!

How about a picture of bill Paxton in Aliens blasting xenomorphs! “There they go, over there, get em!”

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Love em’!

How about a picture of bill Paxton in Aliens blasting xenomorphs! “There they go, over there, get em!”
                          Maybe a pic of Turcotte, Caufield and Lindmark in their Star Wars night jerseys...

Comment

Maybe a pic of Turcotte, Caufield and Lindmark in their Star Wars night jerseys...
                            🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              I am not sure if this is a rip on my terrible thread title (I admittedly have no creativity with stuff like this). But I do agree flush this thread and one of you creative types come up with the "witty" off-season thread.
                              Nope, not at all. I liked part 2!

So far, DPlaya is spot on.
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-13-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Since it doesn't look like we have a new thread yet, I'll drop this here

UW opens the season on the road at BC/Merrimack Oct 11, 12

UW opens home schedule with UMD Oct 18, 19

I've got my running list here for anyone interested in our long-term scheduling agreements or future announced games
                                LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X