Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Sad Panda

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    I have the 92 championship game, 06 semi vs Maine and championship on dvd. I don’t have a clue how to upload to YouTube ��
    I have '06 semifinal online as well in HD, but I will never watch 92 again...

Here's the '06 semifinal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJ15k3C8_Y

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainer View Post
    Anyone else get the survey on the program, and 12 questions asking how they could increase my ticket prices???
    Yeah, that was interesting. How much would you be willing to pay? How much is too much? If we asked for more money, would you pay it? Is it a good value now? What price would it be a good value? What price makes it a bad value?

I thought of the questions did not give me a good choice for an answer. It's like they were asking questions with only answers that would justify what they wanted to do. They had a couple spots where you could comment and of course the anti-canned music was my #1 point to get across.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post

I have never been more frustrated with officiating in a game ever, not even close. Despite that they were in it until the end. I can still see the puck slip between Duane and the goalpost for the game winner. I want to puke. I may watch someday, maybe in between some of the great games. I'd like to watch the 1990 semi with BC. All I remember about that game is it seemed like it was 4 on 4 all the time, though obviously it wasn't.

Let's go RED!

And because you are all such good friends....

The 1990 NCAA Championship game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHBrFhUH7No
    You are the best. Since you have this extra time on your hands, might you update the spreadsheets and take this year's players off and add Grace Shirley to the gals for next year?

Here's the '06 semifinal.

I’ve watched 92 2-3x in the last several years. I’m nostalgic for the teams/players from say 85-94 but that 92 team was my favorite as far as raw talent.

LSSU was very good but Wisconsin was better. Mconaghy gave the game to the Lakers🙁😡😡😡😡😡

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'd like to watch the 1990 semi with BC. All I remember about that game is it seemed like it was 4 on 4 all the time, though obviously it wasn't.
    I have very little memory of that game at this point. I would love to see it, but I haven't ever come across a copy of that one.

The one game I would absolutely love to see, and have never been able to find is the '83 3-OT game against North Dakota. I remember watching it at a friends house and they had 3 or 4 tv's stationed throughout the house (all of them black and white, except for the main one) so that you could keep watching it wherever you went.

You are the best. Since you have this extra time on your hands, might you update the spreadsheets and take this year's players off and add Grace Shirley to the gals for next year?
    I'll work on some updates to the spreadsheet soon now that the women's season is done. I'm holding off on the men's one until their season is done.

I'll work on some updates to the spreadsheet soon now that the women's season is done. I'm holding off on the men's one until their season is done.
    Do you save the roster year to year? Would be kind of cool to see the old rosters as the years progress.

Sad Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Do you save the roster year to year? Would be kind of cool to see the old rosters as the years progress.
    Sheets does keep track of revisions so I should be able to go back and get the old rosters if I wanted to.

That could be an interesting project to take on at some point. Just need to create another tab on the sheet I'd it held onto everything that I had.

Drunkard

Also: there’s hockeydb.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Also: there’s hockeydb.com
    Never knew they had that much info there.

Drunkard

It’s more than you’d think. The one place where they fall short (and one can’t blame them) is that they won’t list players that hadn’t played in a game, so you might miss some benchwarmers.

Sad Panda

Wyatt Kalynuk will be captain next year and Tarek Baker and Sean Dhooghe will be alternate captains.

Let's go RED!

From what I read, Walt has stated he talked to the Flyers and it would be silly for him to leave now with what is cooking for next year. I did see a blurb that we may have 2 top 10 draft picks coming in next year.

Drunkard

With all the talent we have coming in next year, we’d better contend.

If we miss the NCAAs again, I give up.

Let's go RED!

Top 10 or bust.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

I'm with you!

Top 10 or bust.
    I'm still worried about goaltending. They've GOT to step up in a big way. None of those schitty games.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Drunkard
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I'm still worried about goaltending. They've GOT to step up in a big way. None of those schitty games.
    [broken record]

Lebedeff’s going to need help from the d corps and backchecking forwards. He’s left out to dry far too often.

[/broken record]

Minnesota and wisconsin have a total of two out of ten possible NCAA appearances in the last five years and zero NCAA wins. ***...

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Minnesota and wisconsin have a total of two out of ten possible NCAA appearances in the last five years and zero NCAA wins. ***...
    Cue sad trombone noise....

Cue sad trombone noise....
    I feel it in the Border Battle games lately. The skill level is down and they are nowhere near as intense. Sucks.

Thread Information