Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

With all this pent up mojo we have, let's direct it to the ladies this weekend. They've run into hot goalies and have seriously outshot teams, and lost. Shoot, shoot, shoot and **** `em ladies!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      With all this pent up mojo we have, let's direct it to the ladies this weekend. They've run into hot goalies and have seriously outshot teams, and lost. Shoot, shoot, shoot and **** `em ladies!
      Now we're talking! They owe Clarkson for the 2017 loss in the final. They are a 1 line team, shut them down and shoot holes through the old OSU transfer goalie. Pankowski is playing like a women possessed, she is dominant, especially with the Canadian Olympic player Clark setting her up.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well...years ago some of us wanted enrico blasi as coach. Glad that didn’t materialize.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Well...years ago some of us wanted enrico blasi as coach. Glad that didn’t materialize.
          I was just reading that thread.

I admit I was one of "us"! I thought if he could do what he was doing in ****ing Oxford OH, think what he could do in Madison, WI.

20 years is a darn good run!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            That was me too. Had he come to UW who knows what would have happened, good or bad. I tweeted to Chris Peters as to what happened there and he said: "I think part of it was the caliber of player they were getting. Sometimes they'd lose a guy to the CHL or a guy would sign pro early and the next tier of player wasn't good enough to allow them to compete in a tough conference. They used to find more diamonds in the rough, too."

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              I was just reading that thread.

I admit I was one of "us"! I thought if he could do what he was doing in ****ing Oxford OH, think what he could do in Madison, WI.

20 years is a darn good run!
              I was gonna n that train as well. Once they were in a conference with Denver, nodak, scsu, Duluth I think the writing was on the wall. Tough to recruit against those guys annually.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It’s a double edged sword, I’m sure, to be in the basement of the best conference in the nation. As much as those kids would probably rather play for NoDak or SCSU or DU, being able to play against that caliber of opponent has to be a draw, too.

But still, given their perennial presence in the NCAAs at the time, I would venture to guess that they were better off in the CCHA than they have been in the NCHC. At least on that front.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Saw some Turcotte highlights. He can win face offs. Badgers have been horrible at face offs and its cost them goals, power play minutes, etc. I recall Pavelski won a majority of face offs, and he coincidentally was a talented player. Badgers havnt sucked at face offs bc they don't "practice" it enough. They stuck at it bc the centers they aren't good enough at it.

As a player you can either time that puck and win it or you can't. There's a competitive aspect to it too.

It's a player/talent thing not a coaching thing. I'd bet big money they will improve next year.
                  Last edited by druzy192; 03-20-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                    Saw some Turcotte highlights. He can win face offs. Badgers have been horrible at face offs and its cost them goals, power play minutes, etc. I recall Pavelski won a majority of face offs, and he coincidentally was a talented player. Badgers havnt sucked at face offs bc they don't "practice" it enough. They stuck at it bc the centers they aren't good enough at it.

As a player you can either time that puck and win it or you can't. There's a competitive aspect to it too.

It's a player/talent thing not a coaching thing. I'd bet big money they will improve next year.
                    I hadn't really considered the talent aspect, but yes it makes sense. Turcotte and Holloway will win a lot of faceoffs next year centering the top 2 lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I hadn't really considered the talent aspect, but yes it makes sense. Turcotte and Holloway will win a lot of faceoffs next year centering the top 2 lines.
                      I don’t think Holloway is a center. Everywhere I read says he’s a left winger.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        He can still take faceoffs and has the talent to win them.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          I believe that's his NHL projection, but he's been a full time center at Okotoks. Won't know until next fall whether he'll play on Turcotte's left or center the second but it's almost certain to be one of those two.

There will be a lot of options in putting together lines next year as there are a lot of guys that can slot into any spot and 8 or so that can play center.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Granato is gonna figure this sh*t out. There's no evidence the program is getting better. They looked pathetic a lot last year. Crapped the bed many times. I have a gut feeling. Something about the Michigan series... next year will be a turning point in the return to glory. The 1980s and 90s glory.

Its happening.

Edit: Then again I once had a gut feeling about a pretty little blonde girl who turned out to be insane.
                            Last edited by druzy192; 03-21-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Edit: Then again I once had a gut feeling about a pretty little blonde girl who turned out to be insane.
                              That was my sister... you should have asked me first, I would have warned you in advance.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I believe that's his NHL projection, but he's been a full time center at Okotoks. Won't know until next fall whether he'll play on Turcotte's left or center the second but it's almost certain to be one of those two.

There will be a lot of options in putting together lines next year as there are a lot of guys that can slot into any spot and 8 or so that can play center.
                                Let's just go all in and have Holloway center Caufield and Turcotte (Turcotte has played W and C this year). UNSTOPABLE. Too bad they will cancel each other out for the Hobey.

Comment

Working...
                                X