Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

As a (soon to be former) resident of Green Bay: I fully support another GB bid.

But there’s a lot of other stuff going on there, and while that’s nothing that PMI cant work around, it’s probably not worth it that I’m one of only 3500 or so people that would go.

The Kohl Center is objectively a better choice.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Per Todd Milewski, UW is bidding for NCAA hockey regionals. He stated 2 strikes against Kohl Center; On-campus facility and a large ice surface (200 X 97). NCAA wants 200 X 85 NHL dimensions.

For ONCE I agree with the NCAA, at least on one point. All college ice should be NHL dimensions.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...11652163796992
      I personally like the big ice, but for a tourney like this it's not a good idea. At least the KC knows how to make ice.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

At the last WHB luncheon, TG said they have a plan to downsize the ice at the Kohl Center in the next "year or two." He said it won't be 200x85, but closer to 200 x 90 depending on the seating. They couldn't get the 200x85 to work (I assumed this was due to site lines/ on the board seating).

He also said they had to change their planned offense to accommodate the larger sheet as the guys were running out of gas. Interesting comments.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          At the last WHB luncheon, TG said they have a plan to downsize the ice at the Kohl Center in the next "year or two." He said it won't be 200x85, but closer to 200 x 90 depending on the seating. They couldn't get the 200x85 to work (I assumed this was due to site lines/ on the board seating).

He also said they had to change their planned offense to accommodate the larger sheet as the guys were running out of gas. Interesting comments.
          Didn't Eaves want the sheet shrunk as well?

Maybe TG should be adjusting the plan to take advantage of the large sheet? The 2006 and 2010 teams didn't seem to have any trouble with the large sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Didn't Eaves want the sheet shrunk as well?

Maybe TG should be adjusting the plan to take advantage of the large sheet? The 2006 and 2010 teams didn't seem to have any trouble with the large sheet.
            No, he wants to have the guys ready for smaller sheets where they struggle, and because all playoff games are on the small sheet. I hope he gets it done. It will also make better viewing from level three, as there will be a lot less obstructed views.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              No, he wants to have the guys ready for smaller sheets where they struggle, and because all playoff games are on the small sheet. I hope he gets it done. It will also make better viewing from level three, as there will be a lot less obstructed views.
              I'll take one for the team and support the smaller sheet.

Comment

No surprise, Kohl Center didn't get the bid accepted. The midwest regional goes to Allentown, PA for the 3rd straight year. Fargo gets it in 2020; I'm OK with that.

My assumption is, somebody on the N$AA staff knows somebody in Allentown.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I’m not okay with that. I actually want to go to one of these, and I’m not planning on heading to CO, Fargo or Philly/NY on one week’s notice.

There are plenty of good venues closer to home that we can bid with.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I’m not okay with that. I actually want to go to one of these, and I’m not planning on heading to CO, Fargo or Philly/NY on one week’s notice.

There are plenty of good venues closer to home that we can bid with.
                    My fault, I wasn't very clear. I'm OK with Fargo but NOT Allentown (which isn't in the Midwest) again.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

People actually show up at Allentown, which is ultimately what matters.

Put it this way… the only West/MW regional sites since the 16 team field has been in play with better attendance figures than Allentown are:
                      - 5 Campus Sites (UW, UND, UM, UM, CC)
                      - 2 NHL Arenas (St Paul, Denver)
                      - Sioux Falls, of all places

Comment

And then there was one? Is Pav's the only UW player left standing? I'm not sure that was a 5, but I'll take it (the fact that there was no call on the ice when it happened was crap). The Vegas guys were crying about the 5, that it changed the game, but don't let them score 4 freaking ppgs and it may turn out better for them. Plus they tied it anyway, so it was back to anyone's game.

Comment

Even as a Pavs fan and a VGK hater, I was surprised at the fact it was called a major.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Even as a Pavs fan and a VGK hater, I was surprised at the fact it was called a major.
                            I think it was an over-reaction to the injury. If anything, it could have been just a crosscheck on Cody Eakin or, more than anything else, roughing on Paul Stastny. Pavelski was off balance from the "crosscheck" and Stastny pretty much bulldogs him to the ice. Not many are talking about Stastny except Ray Ferraro (he was between the glass last night for NBCsn) who I happened to hear on Vancouver TSN radio this afternoon. By the way, Ray Ferraro together with Gord Miller are/is as good as it gets, although Edzo and Emrick aren't bad!

FF to about 1:40

https://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-16771
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-24-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

DG is available...…..

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                DG is available...…..
                                Bring him back! Bring him back!

Comment

Working...
                                X